The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

laugh.gif
 Bayern  

if the aggregate score is level, the team that scored the most goals in the away game advances. If the score is level and each team has scored an equal amount of goals away from home, they would go into extra time and then possibly penalties after regulation.

if the aggregate score is level, the team that scored the most goals in the away game advances. If the score is level and each team has scored an equal amount of goals away from home, they would go into extra time and then possibly penalties after regulation.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by Demps

^
away goals are worth more.

I wouldn't say it like that.  Away goals aren't worth more they are just used as a tiebreaker.
i just didnt feel like explaining.

Eric Abidal will have surgery on friday.
Hope he recovers soon.

our backline is gonna look like %%%@ this weekend.

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by Demps

^
away goals are worth more.

I wouldn't say it like that.  Away goals aren't worth more they are just used as a tiebreaker.
i just didnt feel like explaining.

Eric Abidal will have surgery on friday.
Hope he recovers soon.

our backline is gonna look like %%%@ this weekend.

Wow, what a heartbreaking loss for Bayern. They could've easily been up 4-1 at halftime. Van Gaal flat out failed by putting Altintop, who was catastrophic from the moment he stepped on the pitch. And it's hard to criticize Gomez who overall had a great game, but that decision at the end was horrible. He has a wide open Ribery at one side, a wide open Muller at the other side, but he tries to go through himself and loses the ball in a situation that could've resulted in a 100% chance.

Wow, what a heartbreaking loss for Bayern. They could've easily been up 4-1 at halftime. Van Gaal flat out failed by putting Altintop, who was catastrophic from the moment he stepped on the pitch. And it's hard to criticize Gomez who overall had a great game, but that decision at the end was horrible. He has a wide open Ribery at one side, a wide open Muller at the other side, but he tries to go through himself and loses the ball in a situation that could've resulted in a 100% chance.

PANDEV! 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I can't believe Inter got away with this. As bad as their defense was, Bayern's was just as awful. 

All those chances they failed to put away came back to haunt them. 

PANDEV! 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I can't believe Inter got away with this. As bad as their defense was, Bayern's was just as awful. 

All those chances they failed to put away came back to haunt them. 

Why is it a dumb rule.  After 180 minutes there would be so many extra time games if the rule was not there.

The Bayern defending on that Pandev goal was just
laugh.gif

Why is it a dumb rule.  After 180 minutes there would be so many extra time games if the rule was not there.

The Bayern defending on that Pandev goal was just
laugh.gif

thats a dumb rule

It adds to the nerve of the competition. It puts pressure on away teams to pursue scoring chances, put's pressure on home teams to not concede. It decreases the amount of extra time and penalties which adds value to them since they become less common in the competition. Lastly, adds room for strategy over a 2 leg tie.

It's not perfect of course. We often see 2 leg ties practically killed off in the first game such as Chelsea vs FC Copenhagen.

thats a dumb rule

It adds to the nerve of the competition. It puts pressure on away teams to pursue scoring chances, put's pressure on home teams to not concede. It decreases the amount of extra time and penalties which adds value to them since they become less common in the competition. Lastly, adds room for strategy over a 2 leg tie.

It's not perfect of course. We often see 2 leg ties practically killed off in the first game such as Chelsea vs FC Copenhagen.

Back
Top Bottom