The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Originally Posted by dukeben18

speaking of FFF.....Finally with Nike now. New Home Kits

France_Nike_2011_2011_Away_5.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
That is SOOOO clean! Everyone complained about Nike putting out boring and uninspired kits for the national teams in the World-Cup and here they come with a French-naval inspired (Benton stripe) kit and people are hating!?
Im interested to see what it looks like in game but man I love it. I just cant rock another countries NT jersey (US and England only) but well done Nike.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Here is a quick history of the stripe pattern...

The striped breton shirt as we know it today came into being shortly following the 27th March, 1858 Act of France which introduced the navy and white striped knitted shirt as the uniform for all French navy seaman. The official striped navy shirt or French sailor shirt soon became more generally a working mariner garment as it was picked up by many nautical men; seafairers and sailors across the region of Northern France. It was said that when a sailor had fallen into the sea, the distinctive block pattern of stripes on the French striped shirt made him easier to spot amidst the many blurred colours of the waves.

Breton refers to the Brittany region of France. Check out their flag!

Originally Posted by dukeben18

speaking of FFF.....Finally with Nike now. New Home Kits

France_Nike_2011_2011_Away_5.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
That is SOOOO clean! Everyone complained about Nike putting out boring and uninspired kits for the national teams in the World-Cup and here they come with a French-naval inspired (Benton stripe) kit and people are hating!?
Im interested to see what it looks like in game but man I love it. I just cant rock another countries NT jersey (US and England only) but well done Nike.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Here is a quick history of the stripe pattern...

The striped breton shirt as we know it today came into being shortly following the 27th March, 1858 Act of France which introduced the navy and white striped knitted shirt as the uniform for all French navy seaman. The official striped navy shirt or French sailor shirt soon became more generally a working mariner garment as it was picked up by many nautical men; seafairers and sailors across the region of Northern France. It was said that when a sailor had fallen into the sea, the distinctive block pattern of stripes on the French striped shirt made him easier to spot amidst the many blurred colours of the waves.

Breton refers to the Brittany region of France. Check out their flag!

I've been wondering about this quite some time and thought you guys would know for sure. Do players like Messi, Ronaldo, Drogba, (add any quality A player) wear new cleats every game? I ask this because I know Jordan would wear a brand new pair of sneakers every game but I don't know if this also happens in soccer. I ask this because I think it's uncomfortable to be playing with brand new cleats every game since I much rather to play with shoes that have already been broken in.

I've been wondering about this quite some time and thought you guys would know for sure. Do players like Messi, Ronaldo, Drogba, (add any quality A player) wear new cleats every game? I ask this because I know Jordan would wear a brand new pair of sneakers every game but I don't know if this also happens in soccer. I ask this because I think it's uncomfortable to be playing with brand new cleats every game since I much rather to play with shoes that have already been broken in.

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

I don't know for sure but I heard they wear new cleats in training to break them in.  So no they don't wear no boots every game.

So Arsenal will be without Cesc, Song and Sneezy for the game
30t6p3b.gif

That midfield is going to be
sick.gif

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

I don't know for sure but I heard they wear new cleats in training to break them in.  So no they don't wear no boots every game.

So Arsenal will be without Cesc, Song and Sneezy for the game
30t6p3b.gif

That midfield is going to be
sick.gif

yea, you have to break them in before wearing them, especially with all of the new materials theyre using on them these days. i would imagine they can go a few games per pair.

yea, you have to break them in before wearing them, especially with all of the new materials theyre using on them these days. i would imagine they can go a few games per pair.

eek.gif

Kevin Phillips scored a hell of a goal to level for Birmingham with 10 minutes left.

eek.gif

Kevin Phillips scored a hell of a goal to level for Birmingham with 10 minutes left.

Starting line-ups

Almunia, Sagna, Koscielny, Djourou, Gibbs, Diaby, Denilson, Nasri, Wilshere, Arshavin, Van Persie

Van der Sar; Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Fabio, Brown, O'Shea, Gibson; Rooney, Chicharito.

Starting line-ups

Almunia, Sagna, Koscielny, Djourou, Gibbs, Diaby, Denilson, Nasri, Wilshere, Arshavin, Van Persie

Van der Sar; Rafael, Smalling, Vidic, Evra; Fabio, Brown, O'Shea, Gibson; Rooney, Chicharito.

cant wait for this man u vs arsenal game. And im jumping on that french 2011 away jersey. its so clean.
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

will the game be on fsc or what channel? 

cant wait for this man u vs arsenal game. And im jumping on that french 2011 away jersey. its so clean.

Orbinho | Reminder: The last 9 times Man Utd and Arsenal have met in the FA Cup, the teams have alternated between victories. And it's Arsenal's turn.

Orbinho | Reminder: The last 9 times Man Utd and Arsenal have met in the FA Cup, the teams have alternated between victories. And it's Arsenal's turn.

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

Yeah FSC

Originally Posted by Adrian1221

Yeah FSC

Back
Top Bottom