The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2010-2011 VOL. Premier league, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga

Dos Santos earning the PK
pimp.gif
..... Saint Iker with the stop. (okay, HORRIBLE take.) Perfect scenario.

Benzema showed nice composure on the 3rd goal. Would have been nice to see Canales take the penalty kick especially in hindsight. I found it strange Adebayor took it before Alonso.

IN FORM DIRK KUYT COMING TO A FIFA ULTIMATE TEAM NEAR YOU.

Benzema showed nice composure on the 3rd goal. Would have been nice to see Canales take the penalty kick especially in hindsight. I found it strange Adebayor took it before Alonso.

IN FORM DIRK KUYT COMING TO A FIFA ULTIMATE TEAM NEAR YOU.

Why I'm not surprised with Liverpool's 3-1 win:
1) Intense rivalry games always brings out the best regardless of form or record.

2) The match was at Anfield with a re-energized fan base after adding Suarez and Carroll. Plus Carroll's much anticipated debut.

3) Absence of Vidic and Ferdinand. You're not going to win many games in the Premiership with Wes Brown and Chris Smalling at CB. Although I'm high on Smalling's future, he did not perform well today much like the rest of the United squad.

Why United should worry:

1) This gives Chelsea new life with two games less played. Torres and Luiz should start hitting their stride with their new Chelsea teammates. I foresee a monumental win at Stamford Bridge against City next weekend. Something like a 1-0 result given Mancini's defensive tactics. I think this will be Torres' first EPL score.

2) Arsenal also has an outside chance to dethrone United at the top if their GK and CB hold up or step it up. 

1) Intense rivalry games always brings out the best regardless of form or record.

2) The match was at Anfield with a re-energized fan base after adding Suarez and Carroll. Plus Carroll's much anticipated debut.

3) Absence of Vidic and Ferdinand. You're not going to win many games in the Premiership with Wes Brown and Chris Smalling at CB. Although I'm high on Smalling's future, he did not perform well today much like the rest of the United squad.

Why United should worry:

1) This gives Chelsea new life with two games less played. Torres and Luiz should start hitting their stride with their new Chelsea teammates. I foresee a monumental win at Stamford Bridge against City next weekend. Something like a 1-0 result given Mancini's defensive tactics. I think this will be Torres' first EPL score.

2) Arsenal also has an outside chance to dethrone United at the top if their GK and CB hold up or step it up. 

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Why United should worry:

I can see Chelsea going on a good run, and they know how to close a season.  But I can't accept them catching United.
Arsenal are certainly in the best position to win the league, but the Carling Cup final showed they can't kill teams off and take that next step.  Their defence is a major issue.

With regards to the game, the form book is always thrown out the window when they play.  Missing Vidic and Ferdinand was too big of a loss, United also just didn't show up which disappointed me.  Smalling is good but he needs a guiding hand next to him to keep him in check and focused.  He has been immense paired with Vida.

Why United should worry:

I can see Chelsea going on a good run, and they know how to close a season.  But I can't accept them catching United.
Arsenal are certainly in the best position to win the league, but the Carling Cup final showed they can't kill teams off and take that next step.  Their defence is a major issue.

With regards to the game, the form book is always thrown out the window when they play.  Missing Vidic and Ferdinand was too big of a loss, United also just didn't show up which disappointed me.  Smalling is good but he needs a guiding hand next to him to keep him in check and focused.  He has been immense paired with Vida.

Originally Posted by andreasbabz

Why United should worry:

I know no one wants to hear this but we have conceded fewer goals than United this season.

Originally Posted by andreasbabz

Why United should worry:

I know no one wants to hear this but we have conceded fewer goals than United this season.

[h1]Van Persie in squad to face Barcelona[/h1]
Robin van Persie has been added to the Arsenal squad for their Champions League clash with Barcelona.

The Dutch forward was substituted during the Carling Cup Final on February 27 after suffering a knee injury. But he trained with his team-mates at London Colney on Monday and has travelled to Spain.

Arsène Wenger has named a 19-man squad. This will be cut to 18 ahead of Tuesday's game at the Nou Camp.

Robin van Persie has been added to the Arsenal squad for their Champions League clash with Barcelona.

The Dutch forward was substituted during the Carling Cup Final on February 27 after suffering a knee injury. But he trained with his team-mates at London Colney on Monday and has travelled to Spain.

Arsène Wenger has named a 19-man squad. This will be cut to 18 ahead of Tuesday's game at the Nou Camp.

Originally Posted by trunks206

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I doubt he will start though.

Originally Posted by trunks206

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I doubt he will start though.

we gonna be without our 2 cb's..

imo we should go with this.

--------------Valdes-------------
Dani-----Milito----Abidal------Adriano
---------------Sergio----------------
------Xavi------------Iniesta
Messi-----------------Pedro
------------Villa---------------

Milito was caught out of position a couple of times this weekend and Im worried about him playing in this important match cause he hasnt played in a minute.

could switch Sergio with Milito and have Mascherano start as the cdm but Mascherano plays so deep that im concerned thats gonna leave the middle open.

we gonna be without our 2 cb's..

imo we should go with this.

--------------Valdes-------------
Dani-----Milito----Abidal------Adriano
---------------Sergio----------------
------Xavi------------Iniesta
Messi-----------------Pedro
------------Villa---------------

Milito was caught out of position a couple of times this weekend and Im worried about him playing in this important match cause he hasnt played in a minute.

could switch Sergio with Milito and have Mascherano start as the cdm but Mascherano plays so deep that im concerned thats gonna leave the middle open.

Back
Top Bottom