The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

A banana and a glass of milk is like one of the best quick meals ever :lol:

Too bad I grew an allergy to them :frown:

Last edited:

The older I get, the more strange I find that logic. It's not just football overseas, it's pervasive here in the states also. Not saying this about Beans. But it leads to fanaticism that's just absurd to me.

Like that lifelong Alabama fan that killed the "Auburn tree" on Toomer's Corner.

Too often these "Gil Renard" like fans think the team's accomplishments are their own & these perceived rivalries are like life & death to them. It's comical to me.

The funny thing is most of the players on whatever team could care less about any of these rivalries that fans/supporters care so much about. I guess it feels like they're proving their fandom to themselves & others by hating the other squad.
QFT.
Using college sports as an example, I am from Tucson and currently attend the UA. I have been taught to hate the Sun Devils since I can remember (15+ years). The average player in the UA-ASU rivalry isnt from either city and is only on the team for about 4 years. Why would they feel the same animosity towards the rival team that we feel towards the opposing fanbase/team? Do folks take it too far, like that dude that killed the tree in Auburn? Of course. But hating the rivals is a part of the DNA of sports culture, at least it is here in the USA. Its the reason games like the Giants-Dodgers, Iron Bowl, 49ers-Seahawks and El Clasico are as successful as they are. 

Not sure what you're talking about, rivalries are real and no matter which players are there, players on those team just don't like the other team.

The best example is divisional rivals in the NFL. El Clasicos have been heated for as long as I've watched them.

It's a little different now with all the means of connecting with people within ur sport through social media and those things. But still even Brooklyn and the Knicks is a rivalry. And it's also why derby matches are always more heated in soccer. Idk I can go on and on but players get into the rivalries.

Last edited:
I remember being a child and someone gave me a banana-peanut butter sandwich, that was the day I threw up and never ate it again. I cannot stand them. They're are many foods I didn't like as a child and I ve grown to love now. But bananas will never be one of them. That slimey soft texture and smell :x

On the rarest of occasions I've been offered banana bread and I even had a difficult time bringing that down, ate it not to be rude, but it force myself to like it. Literally every other food is okay in my book.

This whole banana thing has me embarrassed Villarreal is my favorite small club and the team I've been using for years in fifa's manager mode :lol: :smh:

^ it's not the club, it's the supporters or supporter. They did the right thing by acting quickly & instituting the ban.

I guess that's Suarez's Mia Culpa...

Last edited:
ozil 
smokin.gif

I can only wonder how Arsenal would've finished if we hadn't been ravaged by injuries...

2 more wins and we'd be in the thick of it...

Oh well, Hopefully we can win the FA cup next month... Boring Boring Arsenal...

Back
Top Bottom