The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

What that Neymar picture tells me is that I still don't believe that's Neymars seed. Something is up with that little bo and Neymar himself. Lol

Wonder if Everton will even try to beat City. They pretty much have no shot at top 4 now and if they win they will hand Liverpool the title.

Their fans would probably rather not get top 4 than have Liverpool win the title :lol:

"I'm a proud monkey".... I mean I get it, I really do. But to me the only dude who got the message across was Alves himself. Everyone else, especially that girl above who took it as an opportunity for a selfie :lol: is kinda corny to me

"I'm a proud monkey".... I mean I get it, I really do. But to me the only dude who got the message across was Alves himself. Everyone else, especially that girl above who took it as an opportunity for a selfie :lol: is kinda corny to me
This.

Last edited:
A Zaglebie Lubin supporter was accidentally set on fire when police tried to put out the flare he was holding with pepper spray
View media item 942762
The pic looks bad but apparently no one really cared. Can't embed because I'm on my phone but here's the link

It's around the 1:39 mark, very left side

I'm a little surprised that you go in on Stevie G a bit for getting emotional that day even being a United fan.

A big part of the reason he got emotional that day was because he had a young cousin day at Hillsborough who I think was 10 at the time so it was a number of things but that in particular.

Stevie G hasn't publicized that fact either. One of the guys on either Gab Marcotti's or James Richardson's podcast mentioned it the week after that game...

Barca has been cleared in the Neymar signing by the LFP...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spai...-of-misconduct-in-neymar-signing?ICID=HP_BN_2

Last edited:
I'm a little surprised that you go in on Stevie G a bit for getting emotional that day even being a United fan.

A big part of the reason he got emotional that day was because he had a young cousin day at Hillsborough who I think was 10 at the time so it was a number of things but that in particular.

Stevie G hasn't publicized that fact either. One of the guys on either Gab Marcotti's or James Richardson's podcast mentioned it the week after that game...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spai...-of-misconduct-in-neymar-signing?ICID=HP_BN_2
Someone else in here also mentioned it. Dude is just salty as hell United isn't in the top 4 and Liverpool has replaced them.

Damn, keep making typing errors... Meant to say Stevie G had a cousin die at Hillsborough who I believe was 10. Stevie G was a year younger & they were apparently tight as cousins could be...

Hope the banana pic spreads worldwide and gains momentum.

I'd do it, but I can't stand bananas. I'd puke.

Since Gerrard hasn't publicized why he was crying you and that journalist are just assuming. All I have said is I cannot believe he cried after beating city and that I found it amusing. If I had come in here and attacked his family or his cousin you could feel a certain way, but I have not so Please don't let emotions or your assumptions turn this into every other sports & training thread

And yes I despise Liverpool .. I'm a united fan, that's a given

This is a point many foreign supporters don't realize when it comes to these rivals, it much more than football. As a united fan, you are suppose to hate liverpool. One of the reasons home town fans have a problem with foreign support.

And yes I despise Liverpool .. I'm a united fan, that's a given

This is a point many foreign supporters don't realize when it comes to these rivals, it much more than football. As a united fan, you are suppose to hate liverpool. One of the reasons home town fans have a problem with foreign support.

The older I get, the more strange I find that logic. It's not just football overseas, it's pervasive here in the states also. Not saying this about Beans. But it leads to fanaticism that's just absurd to me.

Like that lifelong Alabama fan that killed the "Auburn tree" on Toomer's Corner.

Too often these "Gil Renard" like fans think the team's accomplishments are their own & these perceived rivalries are like life & death to them. It's comical to me.

The funny thing is most of the players on whatever team could care less about any of these rivalries that fans/supporters care so much about. I guess it feels like they're proving their fandom to themselves & others by hating the other squad.

As for myself, there's players I don't like (john terry, pepe & ramos annoy me to no end) but I don't hate any teams. I don't want Real Madrid to win La Decima or the league though... :rolleyes

Last edited:
The older I get, the more strange I find that logic. It's not just football overseas, it's pervasive here in the states also. Not saying this about Beans. But it leads to fanaticism that's just absurd to me.

Like that lifelong Alabama fan that killed the "Auburn tree" on Toomer's Corner.

Too often these "Gil Renard" like fans think the team's accomplishments are their own & these perceived rivalries are like life & death to them. It's comical to me.

The funny thing is most of the players on whatever team could care less about any of these rivalries that fans/supporters care so much about. I guess it feels like they're proving their fandom to themselves & others by hating the other squad.
QFT.

As for myself, there's players I don't like (john terry, pepe & ramos annoy me to no end) but I don't hate any teams. I don't want Real Madrid to win La Decima or the league though... :rolleyes

The fan hate comes from a different place. You see the sports team as just that, local fans see the sports team as encompassing the town. That is why man utd vs liverpool is a major rival, it goes past sporting reasons. As far as the players, you must take into account the fact most players aren't bred in the towns they play for. The real madrid - barca is an example of this. The most Real players don't care about the story behind the problems because they are from different areas, barca players view it differently. Barca is catalonia, beating real is more than a sporting event. Exactly why some barca fans hate Espanyol more than real.

Hope the banana pic spreads worldwide and gains momentum.

I'd do it, but I can't stand bananas. I'd puke.
For real, bananas are the worst 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom