The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

im getting pretty tired of the banana pics already, just because people wont care about this next week, im not one to fake care, racism sucks but theres nothing anyone can do about it

Looking at some of those highlights from the weekend. I can't understand why on earth any team would have sold YAYA.

:smh:
sergio-busquets.jpg

Looking at some of those highlights from the weekend. I can't understand why on earth any team would have sold YAYA.

sergio-busquets.jpg

I hear you. And Busquets is very underrated in my opinion as well. He definitely doesn't get as much shine as he should. But I just feel like when YAYA is on form, he's basically unstoppable. Great player, and incredible leader....

I'm not sure if there's another box to box midfielder in the world that I'd rather have on my team (especially if YAYA was a couple years younger).

30 for 30 Maradona '86 made me teary eyed aint gonna lie. Watched it yesterday. Its got me all hyped about our 2014 run.

Cant wait for the Garrincha 30 for 30 tonite. I didnt know he was handicapped. From what my dad tells me he is a legendary player

sergio-busquets.jpg

I hear you. And Busquets is very underrated in my opinion as well. He definitely doesn't get as much shine as he should. But I just feel like when YAYA is on form, he's basically unstoppable. Great player, and incredible leader....

I'm not sure if there's another box to box midfielder in the world that I'd rather have on my team (especially if YAYA was a couple years younger).

Your preaching to the choir man, I'd take Yaya over most other midfielders in Europe. Feels good to see an African player up there among the very best

Dont get me wrong I am happy Conmebol and Concacaf might join forces but why are they doing a Copa America 2015 in Chile then? Money i guess. Kinda dilutes it. I wonder which tournament is gonna get full squads then.

The best thing about the Centenario is that Concacaf teams have to qualify so everyone in Central America and the Carribean technically a shot.

Messi back in CA...Cant wait

Last edited:
Wasn't Yaya Toure used as a defender under Pep? Lol

He had to get out if there, they didn't believe in him I guess.

2009 Champions League Final, Yaya played central defender with Pique, and did a hell of a job too. If I remember correctly, he also played Puyol as a right back that game.

:frown:

Inter Milan legend Zanetti to retire

Inter Milan captain Javier Zanetti will bring the curtain down on his 22-year playing career at the end of this season,Nerazzurri president Erick Thohir has confirmed.

Zanetti, who turns 41 in August,will move into a management position at the San Siro,where he has been since arriving at Inter from Argentine side Banfield in 1995.

There had been rumours earlier this year that Jose Mourinho wanted to sign the versatile midfielder for Chelsea on a one-year deal,although the reports were scotched by both parties.

And Thohir has now confirmed that Zanetti will hang up his boots and head into a backroom position at Inter.

“The meetings with Zanetti have been going on for the last couple of months to understand his vision,” Thohir told journalists at a publicity event on Tuesday. “The discussion is done already, he’ll become part of the management.”

Zanetti is Inter’s all-time leading appearance maker with more than 800 games under his belt while he has won a record number of international caps for Argentina,having represented his country 145 times between 1994 and 2011.

He played at the 2002 and 2006 World Cups and has won 16 major titles in his career including five Serie A titles and a famous league,cup and Champions League treble in 2010.

Sucks I have to root for Real Madrid to win this. This is basically the Final.

Bayern Munich: won it last year
Athletico: Boring soccer
Chelsea: Boring soccer

Terry practiced fully yesterday and today, will start for Chelsea tomorrow. Didn't see that coming.

As for today...Bayern wins 2-1, Madrid goes through.

Back
Top Bottom