The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Some of you Chelsea fans are so fickle. After 1 bad match, ready to replace the best keeper in the EPL. Courtous hasnt surpasses Cech yet so just stop it

Last edited:
Well Chelsea fans CL hopes are done and the reality is that man city is passing them in EPL rankings once they get these matches out the way

Last edited:
Some of you Chelsea fans are so fickle. After 1 bad match, ready to replace the best keeper in the EPL. Courtous hasnt surpasses Cech yet so just stop it

All sports fans are fickle turn coat types... Everything is good when the wins occur, but now everyone's a bum & needs to be replaced when the loses occur. :D

I like Cech but he seems like he's lost a little something something this year & last.

I put the PSG loss less on him & more on his defense though.

Yeah, defense gets first blame. Cech has been looking less godly as a keeper also but that's to be expected with age. Regardless Courtois needs to come over sooner rather than later. Rather ensure the future than hold onto a strong yet fading past.

Yeah, defense gets first blame. Cech has been looking less godly as a keeper also but that's to be expected with age. Regardless Courtois needs to come over sooner rather than later. Rather ensure the future than hold onto a strong yet fading past.

I also want Courois to come to the EPL soon. I would rather just have him loaned to another EPL club for 1 season to get adjusted, instead of selling Cech n starting Courtois next season

Yup, that's the point.

Time to bring him in so they don't lose him down the road, it's time to make that move. Has nothing to do with Cech being "good or bad", it's just time.

Watched the US Mex match

Probably a fair result since it was a tale of 2 halves, but it was the wrong one. Hope that crew never refs a US match again.

Got the offside call and the Green foul on the border of the box wrong within the span of a few minutes.

It was offside, and the foul was outside the box...

I knew at least one Mexican homer would reply with some nonsense :lol:

Clearly was onside

And like dude said sometimes a penalty is given there, but it was clear that set pieces were important to both sides in the match, so getting a FK from that range would have been crucial.

Also feel bad for Johnson and Green who are both fighting for WC spots. Hopefully Klinsmann evaluates the matches those 2 had as if it was reffed by a competent officiating crew.

Courtois did play a big hand on Barca settling for a draw instead of a win at Camp Nou in the CL earlier this week.

Kinda ironic though with Cech because I think he was Courtois' age when he took over goal keeping duties from Cudicini. For older Blues fans, wasn't this basically the same situation?

:lol: thiagos reaction to pastore's goal

CheeryAmazingBlueandgoldmackaw.gif

Watched the US Mex match

Probably a fair result since it was a tale of 2 halves, but it was the wrong one. Hope that crew never refs a US match again.

Got the offside call and the Green foul on the border of the box wrong within the span of a few minutes.

It was offside, and the foul was outside the box...

I knew at least one Mexican homer would reply with some nonsense :lol:

Clearly was onside

And like dude said sometimes a penalty is given there, but it was clear that set pieces were important to both sides in the match, so getting a FK from that range would have been crucial.

Also feel bad for Johnson and Green who are both fighting for WC spots. Hopefully Klinsmann evaluates the matches those 2 had as if it was reffed by a competent officiating crew.

I call 'em like I see 'em, Eddie Johnson's goal was not offside...

View media item 896064

Twitter is buzzing with a report that Benteke blew his achilles in practice. Source seems to be a Belgian writer, no confirmation yet.

It wasn't offside even Mexican commentators said so themselves. The foul on Green was outside the box but in the Clasico, Madrid got the pk when Alves tripped Ronnie. I would have been fine with just a fk.

it wasnt offsides at all ... cant get worked up over a friendly though

Maybe I'm wrong, but then again, I was watching the game from my iPhone while at work...lol....

Jose came out and said he has essentially given up on the current strike force. Said he put in Schurrle because the other strikers weren't "real strikers".Looks like it will finally be the end of the road for Torres. Ba deserves a chance somewhere else. I don't know who is available on the transfer market, but if Costa can be acquired I'd love that

Jose came out and said he has essentially given up on the current strike force. Said he put in Schurrle because the other strikers weren't "real strikers". Looks like it will finally be the end of the road for Torres. Ba deserves a chance somewhere else. I don't know who is available on the transfer market, but if Costa can be acquired I'd love that

I think he is going to tr to buy 2 strikers in the summer. Wouldnt be surprised if it's Costa and Cavani

Just got an ESPN alert that Zlatan is out for 4 weeks with a hammy injury...

Does Chelski have a chance now?

Honestly....eh.

PSG actually played better without Ibra.

Cavani gets to play upfront now and now they can have an actual winger in the proper position.

Being back at Stamford Bridge helps but Ibra or no Ibra it's gonna be tough.

Yeah, Chelsea is still clinging to life... but I'd honestly rather not see them go through.

Ibra, Cavani, Lavezzi/ Lucas will always be better than Mourinho's flavor of the month attacking combos.

Why did the Special one go with Schurrle up front? IS Eto'o and El nino injured or something?

Eto'ooooooooo is hurt. Might be out for the next match

Torres is Torres

Ba has been declared the black sheep. Mou really doesn't care to give him a chance.

I mean, it wouldn't surprise me if they won 2-0

Not anything out of this world...

Heck, I think BVB still has a chance. Specially if they can manage to net one in the first 25 minutes. That atmosphere there is out of this world...

Jackson Martinez going to the bridge is inevitable

I think he let those rumors get to his head. He isn't playing as well as he was before. Even at Chiapas (while in Mexico) he looked in better form.

If I was Porto, I'd sell him in a heart beat.

Back
Top Bottom