The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I just saw that Torres has 19 league goals in 3 seasons.. kind of feel bad for him :lol: .. what happened?

I could see Chelsea...well, pulling a Chelsea, and parking the bus and countering. they just need to win 2-0

I just saw that Torres has 19 league goals in 3 seasons.. kind of feel bad for him :lol: .. what happened?

I could see Chelsea...well, pulling a Chelsea, and parking the bus and countering. they just need to win 2-0
I still see them going through, I'm not a believer of this PSG squad.

Somebody describe Lucas Moura's defense to me. Does he work on that end or no?

from watching him play at Sao Paulo, he has a better defensive work rate than other players in his position, specially the younger ones. If he ever lost the ball, he would sprint to get it back, which would cause him to foul the opposing player A LOT of times.

Don't know if he's improved that part of his game while at PSG...

Bayern will not allow the English press into the Arena next Wednesday because they called Shweinsteiger a pig in various newspapers...

I brought it up before Coupe but looking at the Dragão, so Portuguese people only go to games when it's a final?

You'll never have a full stadium unless its one of the top three teams playing each other or specific champions league teams. It's just the way it is. These big stadiums were built for the Euro 2004 and they over-seated them.

Portuguese people don't feel threatened by opposing fans enough to want to fill the stadium. Porto's capacity far exceeds what they regularly produce. Thats how it is in Portugal but thats how it is in many parts of southern europe.

The weather is better, brighter, and there is more things to do. In Northern Europe it becomes an event or an excuse to go outside when its cold and rainy.

*Just started watching

Jose came out and said he has essentially given up on the current strike force. Said he put in Schurrle because the other strikers weren't "real strikers". Looks like it will finally be the end of the road for Torres. Ba deserves a chance somewhere else. I don't know who is available on the transfer market, but if Costa can be acquired I'd love that

Does Mourinho build players? Or does he just inherit the best or buy the best and win?

To say that Demba Ba isn't a real striker? Is a bit unfair. Ba was great at Newcastle, and with a manager who believes in him, he can find that Sturridge-like resurrection.

Torres is just strange lol.

They lent out Lukaku, who I thought would flourish at Chelsea this season, given the supply. But then say they have no strikers. Ba was never really given a run of games (to the best of my recollection), he was just written off from the beginning, and as I just said, Lukaku was never given a chance.

:smh:

Yo Coupé It Coupé It I didn't know that Brazilians don't count as foreigners in Portugal!

Only 2 Portuguese starters in this game...

What do you mean they don't count? They count as foreigners.

2 Portuguese starters, you're telling me things I already know man. It's been like that since the beginning of the season. :lol:

Latest on Christian Benteke.

Christian Benteke will undergo surgery after suffering a ruptured Achilles tendon injury today in training.

He will be out for a minimum of six months.

"It's a terrible blow both for Christian and for the Club," said Villa manager Paul Lambert.

"He will miss the rest of the season, obviously, and also the World Cup. But he'll work hard because that's what he does and he'll come back for us stronger than ever next season."

Does Belgium have another striker behind Lukaku? Per the lists I can find, Benteke and Lukaku were the only two strikers to play for their NT in 2013/14. Would they throw Hazard or Mirallas up front?

What do you mean they don't count? They count as foreigners.

2 Portuguese starters, you're telling me things I already know man. It's been like that since the beginning of the season. :lol:

You know how in Europe u can only have a certain amount of non European players, Brazilians included. In Portugal they don't count as Non-Europeans. They have like 9/10 Brazilians on the squad.

You know how in Europe u can only have a certain amount of non European players, Brazilians included. In Portugal they don't count as Non-Europeans. They have like 9/10 Brazilians on the squad.

Thats because its ridiculously easy to become a Portuguese citizen if you can prove you have Portuguese blood.

I literally got my Portuguese citizenship within 1 hour at the consulate in New York before I went to go study in Italy so it'd be easier to travel around Europe being an EU member. I was born, raised, and went to school here. Never lived in Portugal but they just gave it to me.

So many Brazilians get that same privilege. Even if they probably only have 25-50% Portuguese blood.

Portugal wants citizens, they've had many leave in the past 100 years and they have a low birth-rate, they need people.

You'll never have a full stadium unless its one of the top three teams playing each other or specific champions league teams. It's just the way it is. These big stadiums were built for the Euro 2004 and they over-seated them.

Portuguese people don't feel threatened by opposing fans enough to want to fill the stadium. Porto's capacity far exceeds what they regularly produce. Thats how it is in Portugal but thats how it is in many parts of southern europe.

The weather is better, brighter, and there is more things to do. In Northern Europe it becomes an event or an excuse to go outside when its cold and rainy.

*Just started watching
got it

Back
Top Bottom