The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Looks like that kid was a "pitch invader". Security tried to take him back but Neymar saw the kid & took him to meet the team & took pics with him. Look at that cute kid smiling from ear to ear. Good ish Neymar...

Really wish Portugal came out here to the West Coast more. Very unlikely though since 90% of Portuguese people here are Portuguese by last name only :smh: They'd probably have no idea that the national team is playing. Hell a lot of them probably don't even know their own ethnicity :smh: :lol: Seriously, you have black hair, tan skin, and a Latin last name; you are not the same as a generic American white person

Last edited:
Really wish Portugal came out here to the West Coast more. Very unlikely though since 90% of Portuguese people here are Portuguese by last name only :smh: They'd probably have no idea that the national team is playing. Hell a lot of them probably don't even know their own ethnicity :smh: :lol: Seriously, you have black hair, tan skin, and a Latin last name; you are not the same as a generic American white person
The Ironbound will be heavily represented at MetLife.

Ever been to Newark's Chop Fest in June? Bananas. Sangria flowing, flags reppin', women showing out.

Nope. I haven't been anywhere in the East Coast besides NYC. I'll make it out there one day though

QueasyUniformArmadillo.gif

OrganicBoringEquine.gif

SkeletalAccomplishedHairstreak.gif

LuisFigo and I wouldn't be treated as kindly if we stormed the pitch during Portugal/Ireland in June.
for real.  i already told my broad if i get arrested for invading the pitch, shes going to have to bail me out.

sorry man, i've been gone the last few weeks since my uncle in aveiro died so i was trying to think things out as to what i want to do.  part me of wants to visit my aunt in may since she's the only one left over there and then expenses will kick in.  so i've been wrestling with that the last week.  i might just have cut my time in ny short and just fly in the day before the game and fly out the day after.  you see prices for the tickets yet? goes on sale next week.  i havent looked.  you going to organize a porkchop nt summit when they're here?

your thoughts on the game? i was in and out of meetings at work so i watched what i could in between.  what you think of the new guys that got called up?  i dont know if you heard but postiga is injured and he's doubtful for brazil.

i just picked up the new track jacket and shorts from niketown after work.  im loving it.

Rio Rodizio, Adega, Pulaski BBQ, Ferry St. BBQ, Iberia, Forno's. The list goes on. Thankful for a college experience near Ironbound.

Man I seriously miss the Southern European lifestyle. Portuguese and Spanish people party 10x as hard as Americans. Haven't had the time or $ to go back in years; might have to settle for a short weekend weekend trip to Ironbound :lol:

for real.  i already told my broad if i get arrested for invading the pitch, shes going to have to bail me out.

sorry man, i've been gone the last few weeks since my uncle in aveiro died so i was trying to think things out as to what i want to do.  part me of wants to visit my aunt in may since she's the only one left over there and then expenses will kick in.  so i've been wrestling with that the last week.  i might just have cut my time in ny short and just fly in the day before the game and fly out the day after.  you see prices for the tickets yet? goes on sale next week.  i havent looked.  you going to organize a porkchop nt summit when they're here?

your thoughts on the game? i was in and out of meetings at work so i watched what i could in between.  what you think of the new guys that got called up?  i dont know if you heard but postiga is injured and he's doubtful for brazil.

i just picked up the new track jacket and shorts from niketown after work.  im loving it.
A lot on your plate. Sorry for your loss, first and foremost. I glanced at Portugal/Mexico prices, looking like upwards of $200 apiece for midfield lower level seating, centrally as possible. I'm happy to organize something small for Portugal Day Festival in Ironbound. June 6th to 8th leading up to the match.

Caught glimpses of the Cameroon match. Surprising wrinkle from Bento. William, Rafa, and Ivan all looked adequate and competent on the pitch.

My Mexican friends are not optimistic at all about Brazil 2014. They would be lucky to get through the group stages

My Mexican friends are not optimistic at all about Brazil 2014. They would be lucky to get through the group stages
eh, i'm optimistic with herrera now on board trying out euro and mexican league players to see which ones mesh with which. I can see why they're not being optimistic, but mexico looked more confident out there tonight. I didn't get to see the first half, but the second half, I saw mexico putting a lot of pressure on Nigeria. We still have a couple of friendlies left, so we'll see what the squads are gonna be looking like.

I don't know what's gonna happen in brazil, but I'm optimistic that mexico can take it far.

Both goalkeepers were amazing tonight though :pimp:

**** man, I can't afford to put SSSOOO much faith in them. I hope this is one of those teams (any sport) that barely makes it to the Playoffs (WC) nobody expects anything from them but a first round exit, and go on to excel.

I've endured so much watching them in my 27 years of life. IT HURTS MAN.

1994: I can still picture Jorge Campos crying on the pitch and laid out after Bulgaria's last PK... and I had just turned 7 when that game was played, and still remember it like it was last week.

1998: So much talent, so many wasted opportunities. Played well, didn't finish. Germany advanced.

2002: I can go on for DAYS. I rather not start.

2006: I replay that goal in my head everyday. EVERY DAY. **** You Maxi. **** You.

2010: Osorio, that offside by Tevez, Bautista starting (yes, he was actually "playing") We deserved to lose.

2014:_______________________________________

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom