The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

It's always the supporters of teams full of divers who write beautiful poetry about diving on Barca :lol: RM and Chelsea fans have ZERO room to talk

Last edited:
Game day fellas. I'm hyped. Reppin today

216159_864852741273_1841681407_n.jpg

I'll own to Pepe and Ramos diving and being dirty players any day. Ronnie reduced the frequency of his diving. Barça fans act like Alves, Busquets, and Pedro don't act like leaves in the fall when the game gets physical. Things are much different when the other team gets the same respect from the ref and won't call ridiculous fouls. Look at Bayern last year.

Everybody. Dives. Everywhere. Get over it.

Its a terrible byproduct of the World game and its sadly become a STRATEGY.

NO use in complaining about it if the punishments aren't administered more harshly by refs (IE red cards, multiple game bans, etc).

the Barca offense is too much for Man City. Messi has been on a tear lately. Barca will definitely get their chances.

Didn't realize Barca has 3 wins, 7 draws, and 6 losses on the road in the knockout stages since the beginning of the Pep era.

Please name me one Chelsea player on the current team with a reputation for being a diver.
Ramires

Don't forget about Jose's boy Oscar too. Don't get me wrong, I like him but he's a bit of a diver... I remember this game he got carded because he opted to take a dive rather than take a shot on goal... :rolleyes That's a BAFTA caliber performance in the pic down there... :lol:

View media item 810770View media item 810771

Everybody. Dives. Everywhere. Get over it.

Its a terrible byproduct of the World game and its sadly become a STRATEGY.

NO use in complaining about it if the punishments aren't administered more harshly by refs (IE red cards, multiple game bans, etc).

I do wish the various leagues would impose stiffer penalties like match bans (minimum 3 games) & huge fines on clubs. That would stop that ish real quick.

Last edited:
Don't forget Torres. He got sent off for diving against United and he dived against Hull if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
Don't forget Torres. He got sent off for diving against United and he dived against Hull if I'm not mistaken.

Except that wasn't a "dive" against United.

You guys are pointing out one or two instances in Ramires or Oscar's entire career and comparing them to Barca players who dive on a weekly basis. :lol:

Having done something once doesn't qualify someone as a repeated offender.

Have Oscar and Ramires dived before yes? But rarely. They don't have a "reputation" for diving. Whereas we all know Busquets, Fabregas, Alves and co will all dive at any possible chance.

Except that wasn't a "dive" against United.

You guys are pointing out one or two instances in Ramires or Oscar's entire career and comparing them to Barca players who dive on a weekly basis. :lol:

Having done something once doesn't qualify someone as a repeated offender.

Have Oscar and Ramires dived before yes? But rarely. They don't have a "reputation" for diving. Whereas we all know Busquets, Fabregas, Alves and co will all dive at any possible chance.
Once a diver always a diver. Especially if you do it multiple times. Look at Suarez. He dived probably 2 or 3 times and every time he gets fouled people are quick to call it a dive.

@#$%, part of why Chelsea won the CL was cause Drogba spent 60% of the matches diving and time wasting :lol:

and people calling busquets a diver can only cite that one time against Inter. It was an epic dive but it doesn't make him a diver.Alves is the biggest offender

Last edited:
How good is Bayer Leverkusen? :nerd:

I don't follow the Bundesliga enough to know how well they match up with PSG, but I know Sidney Sam recently signed to Schalke and had previously been linked to Liverpool during the window, and they've got a couple other decently known players.

@#$%, part of why Chelsea won the CL was cause Drogba spent 60% of the matches diving and time wasting :lol:

and people calling busquets a diver can only cite that one time against Inter. It was an epic dive but it doesn't make him a diver.Alves is the biggest offender

Stop it. Nobody dives like Barca.

Busquets has dove in several Clasicos (real Madrid like to dive too). I will agree nobody has perfected the art of flopping like Alves :lol: although Neymar is getting there

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom