The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I was busy watching La Liga games & some Serie A yesterday so I didn't get to pay attention/watch the Arsenal vs Liverpool game. Was that ref really that bad? He's getting hammered in the British press along with social media.

I did watch the Everton vs Swansea FA Cup match yesterday though. Glad the Toffees pulled through but that was a sloppy game even by Martinez's side. At times it looked like an MLS game with terrible passing & teams losing form on the pitch. I couldn't say one team looked better than the other. What the heck was that? #EnglishFootball :rolleyes

Very impressed with the Los Blancos team yesterday. Had this been a month ago or how the team played in December, this is the type of game Los Blancos would've either tied or lost.

It wasn't a spectacular game from the Welshman, but Bale had a nice assist to Jese. Through 16 games, Bale has 9 goals & 9 assists. That ain't too shaby.

Jese continues with his torrid pace in form. He's got 5 goals & 4 assists. It's great to see this young guy fufill his promise. Too often these younger players don't live up to their hype.

Hopefully abovelegit's man Gerry Deulofeu does the same now that he's back from injury.

In addition to tomorrow's CL match against City, very interested to see how this Barca team performs in the Copa del Rey Classico.

Sad to see Athletic Bilbao's unbeaten league record at their new stadium come to an end with a 2-1 loss to Espanyol however Bilbao is still holding onto the 4th place CL spot over Villarreal with a 4 point edge.

Last edited:
i don't think the ref did a bad job from the final 40 mins of the match i saw. it was just a difficult game to referee. a real football match isn't a game of fifa 14 where the computer doesn't factor in other things into the decision of a foul/penalty/booking besides the question of "was it a foul, penalty, or booking?" In a real match the ref will think this is Arsenal vs. Liverpool in the FA cup there's no way I can give the captain Steven Gerrard a second yellow. There were a few of those weird situations in the match.

Last edited:
Howard Webb is supposed to be the best ref in the EPL. Many questionable calls, should've booked Stevie G for a second yellow, Ox prob could've been called for a foul on Louie in the box (although he'd been diving all game and getting Webb's sympathy, which turned around and bit him in the **** on THAT play), Sanogo was getting fouled up top ALL game... It was generally a badly reffed game to say the least...

All in all, glad Arsenal got the win, while being outplayed in the first half and some spots in the second, much needed victory before the big clash against Bayern midweek in CL...

I can't see us winning with the lack of offensive firepower of late, but if we buckle down defensively, we could get a lucky goal on the counter... Here's hoping and praying....

Legit?
Not sure.
1924500_351615834977213_214751316_n.jpg

looks photoshopped

but thats a dope kit if turns out to be real.

I love stripped shirts.

I'm still confused as to why the US decided to change their kits from the waldo look.

That jersey was ******* fly son. I was thinking on buying one just because it looked so dope.

I hope they go back to that after the WC or next year or something.

One of the best kits imo.

Legit?
Not sure.
1924500_351615834977213_214751316_n.jpg

That's a horrible photoshop.

And if that was the away kit, please no. I think the away kit is going to be white/blue like our old school ones. That's just me speculating because of the practice gear I've seen.

Mario looks lifeless these days in Milan. That doesn't look like someone who shot the kind of goal he scored. Especially someone being celebrated by his team mates.

View media item 808874
Celtic's Fraser Forster has equaled the SPL's record set by Aberdeen’s Bobby Clark 42 years ago by recording his 12th clean sheet in a row. Joe Hart better watch his back... If Hodgson is halfway intelligent, Forster should be the one to man the net for the 3 Lions in Brazil.

View media item 808877
Roma players honoring the empty section for the Ultras who were banned for 2 games for anti-Neapolitan chants...

View media item 808879

Last edited:
My niece was playing this game fun run on the iPad and I couldn't help notice one of the unlockable characters

View media item 809013
:lol:

Edit: guess it's not that obvious but thought it looks just like Gareth Bale :lol:

Last edited:
^ huh?

Watched a bit of Man City vs Chelsea game off of my DVR before I deleted it. Man, Vincent Kompany played like William Wallace on that pitch. He made sure none of the Blues comfortably had possession on his portion of the pitch... :x

Interesting Black History month fact, footy related... Poet, musician, & activist Gil Scott Heron's father (Gil Heron) who was born in Kingston, Jamaica played pro footy for the Detroit Wolverines. He was at one time the top scorer North American Soccer Football League. He was scouted by Celtic & would later become their first black player. He ended up playing only in 5 games scoring twice... He has a host of better songs but I posted the one below because most of you may only know that one if any at all... Thought I'd share... :smokin

I edited this based on revised info from TomDiginson.

View media item 809074

Last edited:
Goalies are always celebrating their team's goals by themselves. Bayern's Dante showed Neuer some love by celebrating the goal he scored with Neuer... :smokin

Dante & his fellow Brazilians Marcelo (Real Madrid) & Chelsea's Willian always look like they're having fun on the pitch...

Last edited:
Interesting Black History month fact, footy related... Poet, musician, & activist Gil Scott Heron who was born in Kingston, Jamaica played pro footy for the Detroit Wolverines. He was at one time the top scorer North American Soccer Football League. He was scouted by Celtic & would later become their first black player. He ended up playing only in 5 games scoring twice... He has a host of better songs but I posted the one below because most of you may only know that one if any at all... Thought I'd share... :smokin

View media item 809074
Good post, but Gil Scott Heron is different from Gil Heron. Gil Heron was the father to Gil Scott. Gil Heron was the footballer who was born in Jamaica whereas his son Gil Scott Heron was born in Chicago and later became the famous poet/musician.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom