The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Should be fox sports 1 and maybe 2

Edit: Barca/City = fox sports 1

PSG = fox sports 2

Arsenal/Bayern = fox sports 2

Not sure about the other match

Last edited:
Not sure what channel the other game is gonna be on for Wednesday because fox sports 1 is showing nascar qualifying or some ****....it might be on your regional fox sports network...not at home so I can't check

I have fox sports 2 HD (direct tv) but I know a lot of providers don't carry it or it's SD :smh:

Chivas USA rebrand coming soon? Trademarks filed on Los Angeles SC and Los Angeles F.C.
By Alicia Ratterree on Feb 17 2014, 12:43a 7

The current Chivas USA logo. - USA TODAY Sports
GET THE LATEST CHIVAS USA NEWS WITH THE GOAT PARADE

FOLLOW THE GOAT PARADE ON TWITTER

LIKE THE GOAT PARADE FACEBOOK

New names, logos would represent major change from current Chivas brand.

TWEET (143) SHARE (145)  SHARE 7 COMMENTS
Potentially massive news regarding the future of Chivas USA, as the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office received two trademark applications last month from "Chivas Guadalajara Licensing LLC" out of Carson, California.

The trademarks are for two names and logos, for Los Angeles SC and Los Angeles F.C., respectively. According to public database records from the USPTO, the company applied for separate trademarks on January 17, 2014.

Under the "goods and services" descriptions, both names have the following summary:

Educational services, namely, providing SEMINARS, CLASSES AND WORKSHOPS in the fields of SOCCER; Entertainment in the nature of soccer games; Entertainment in the nature of SPORTS AND SOCCER games; Organizing community sporting and cultural events; Sports training services
Additionally, a second trademark application was filed with Los Angeles SC with this "goods and services" description:

Baby layettes for clothing; Belts; Berets; Cap visors; Cloth bibs; Ear muffs; Football boots and studs therefor; Gloves; Hats; Headbands against sweating; Jackets; Pajamas; Pants; Sandals; Scarves; Shirts; Shorts; Slipper socks; Slippers; Soccer shoes; Socks; Sport stockings; Sports caps and hats; Sports jackets; Sports jerseys; Sports over uniforms; Sports pants; Sports shirts; Sports shoes; Sweaters; Sweatshirts; Swimwear; T-shirts; Waterproof jackets and pants; Woolly hats; Wristbands
Entertainment and apparel for sale? Sounds like what pro soccer teams do.

While there are some common elements in the logos for Los Angeles SC and Los Angeles F.C., stylistically they are considerably different. The Los Angeles SC logo is a black shield with a swooping red cross dividing it into four parts. In the cross it says "Los Angeles SC" in white. In the upper left-hand quadrant is a gold star, the upper-right has a gold tower, on the bottom left is a gold lion, and the bottom right is a bear, also gold. The lion bears resemblance to the lions on the Chivas USA crest, while the bear looks just like the one on the state flag of California.

In contrast, the Los Angeles F.C. logo also has the colors of black, red, and gold, and the same basic elements, but the design is quite distinct, with a stylized black eagle above a red lion and black bear, all in front of a red tower, with "Los Angeles F.C." on top. Gold accents run along the outside of the shield, and a soccer ball sits near the bottom of the crest.

If Chivas Guadalajara Licensing LLC is indeed affiliated with Chivas USA owners Jorge Vergara and Angelica Fuentes (it's worth noting that Chivas USA has a similarly named company in official documents, Chivas USA Enterprises LLC), then this could be the first big step in rebranding Chivas USA.

Despite repeated assurances in the past by Vergara that Chivas USA would not change their name, and constant speculation that the club would be moved to a new location outside of the Los Angeles region, a move like this to secure two possible names for the team on a legal basis may be an indication of two things. First, the club does need an image change in order to attract (and retain) fans in the local region, as the cachet of the Chivas brand has not had the intended effect. And second, that the team will remain in Los Angeles even with struggles on and off the field in recent seasons.

It's a disgrace. City-Chelsea and the Arsenal game were on FS2 this weekend as well. I had to get the free preview for fox soccer 2 go to get the games this weekend. Shows Fox ain't serious anymore and UEFA need to move to another network when the contract runs out.

Man City v Barca is gonna be nuts. It's a shame we won't see Aguero vs Messi, but should still be entertaining.

For some weird reason, I see arsenal winning tomorrow, like they did vs barca a couple seasons ago. It has a weird vibe to it

Last edited:
Man City v Barca is gonna be nuts. It's a shame we won't see Aguero vs Messi, but should still be entertaining.

For some weird reason, I see arsenal winning tomorrow, like they did vs barca a couple seasons ago. It has a weird vibe to it
I can see Arsenal doing  it too but then loosing 100 to nothing the next game

I can see Arsenal doing  it too but then loosing 100 to nothing the next game

I simply don't see Arsenal winning.

Granted anything can happen in 90m. But Bayern are on another level right now :smh:

I simply don't see Arsenal winning.

Granted anything can happen in 90m. But Bayern are on another level right now
mean.gif
What time is it in your parts?

I could of seen City maybe even surprising Barca if Aguero was fit but he will be a huge loss to them, I say 1-1 tonight and Barca to win 2-1 in the Camp Nou

Arsenal will lose 2-0 to Bayern in the 1st leg and 1-0 in the return

If City controls the midfield, the game will be theirs. Toure will be key. I think Barca will have a difficult time planning for Jovetic. It will be interesting to see which fullbacks Barca use, they can go the conservative route. But if City overloads the midfield, Alba and Alves will be needed

If City controls the midfield, the game will be theirs. Toure will be key. I think Barca will have a difficult time planning for Jovetic. It will be interesting to see which fullbacks Barca use, they can go the conservative route. But if City overloads the midfield, Alba and Alves will be needed

It's been very interesting watching him come into his own now.

He's becoming a wildcard for opposition.

For me Man City vs Barcelona is on FS1 @ 2:30PM ET & Bayer Leverkusen vs PSG is on Fox Deportes @ 4:30PM ET.

Tomorrow, Aresenal vs Bayern Munich is on Fox Deportes @ 2:30PM ET & AC Milan vs Atletico Madrid is on Fox Deportes @ 5:00PM ET.

FORCA BARCA!!!!

Refs are not just going to let City bully UEFAlona out there. Bet your *** you'll see cards flying left and right if they try that physical play like they do in the EPL. Refs will look out for Barca as usual

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom