The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Some footballers in the Prem wearing their Christmas sweaters. I need to get me one...

Ben Foster, West Brom

View media item 708943
Emmanuel Frimpong, Lukas Podolski, Per Mertesacker, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, & Lukasz Fabianski, Arsenal

View media item 708945
Ravel Morrison & Carlton Cole, West Ham

View media item 708946
Ryan Shawcross & Asmir Begovic, Stoke City

View media item 708948
Phil Jagielka, Everton

View media item 708944
They put a nice Christmas sweater on Dixie Dean's statue in front of Goodison Park...

View media item 708949

Last edited:
is it just me or does the reindeer kinda look like him? 
laugh.gif

No way. Messi will never leave Barca. To go live in Manchester, England and play in the EPL. Nah, he'll never.

Dude's been in Catalonia since he was 13 years old and can't speak Catalan. He's too simple minded and humble to leave his home, it's just not in his persona. He'd go play in Argentina before anything else. If the clubs in Milan were powerhouses like they used to be - then maybe he would go to Italy, but those teams fell off.

No way. Messi will never leave Barca. To go live in Manchester, England and play in the EPL. Nah, he'll never.

Dude's been in Catalonia since he was 13 years old and can't speak Catalan. He's too simple minded and humble to leave his home, it's just not in his persona. He'd go play in Argentina before anything else. If the clubs in Milan were powerhouses like they used to be - then maybe he would go to Italy, but those teams fell off.

And Id become a Lazio fan if he'd ever go to Roma

Glad, Deuce is gonna be playing over there for a few weeks 
nthat.gif

Damn, does that mean he's missing Christmas at home again?? 
tired.gif

Merry Christmas, guys!

Just finished watching Class Of '92.  Very entertaining... a good-watch for United fans.  

smokin.gif
 Creating some great memories for the little-man.  

Does he have a RoK kit? 

Last edited:
:smokin  Creating some great memories for the little-man.  

Does he have a RoK kit? 

They aren't readily available in kids sizes. I'm hoping as the WC draw closer, they will be. Will get him a USA & RoK shirt. Not sure who on the US squad I'll get him but for the RoK it will defiantly be Kyung who plays for Cardiff. Might get Min who plays for Leverkusen...

My son is in his room playing Fifa 14 humming Christmas songs... :smoking All is right with the world right now...

Last edited:
^ Not readily available in the States or just in general?  

I always liked the Infraredish-look of the RoK kits. 

I highly doubt Leo will ever leave Barça, but it's slightly more of a possibility than it was a year or two ago. His relationship with the board has soured, and an egomaniac like Rosell may consider it in the future for help in financing a new stadium. The Barça president is obsessed with creating his own legacy, so one can imagine him liking the idea of a team starring Neymar, a player he brought in, playing in a stadium built during his presidency. He knows he can't match Laporta (his predecessor) in terms of sporting success, so he's going about it in other ways.

That said, he almost certainly won't be sold before 2016 at the earliest. That's when the next elections are held, and while Rosell's chances of reelection are already fading fast, if he sold the greatest player in the world he'd have no chance. Now if Leo gets so fed up he decides to utilize his buy-out clause, then that's a different matter. Adidas co-owns Bayern, and would likely do whatever it took to bring him there.

He can speak and understand Catalan. And I'm not sure what being humble or 'simple minded' has to do with not wanting to play at another club. Maybe you just wanted to subtly throw some shade. I do hope you're right, though. Barça has seen too many greats leave the club too soon. Everywhere else would be a step down in my opinion, anyway.

And Id become a Lazio fan if he'd ever go to Roma

:lol: What's Messi ever done to Roma? And a real Romanista would consider that a blasphemous statement.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all.

Here's a gift - was reminiscing about this one during the derby the other day. It was overshadowed by the comeback, but it's one of my all time favorite goals:

He can speak and understand Catalan. And I'm not sure what being humble or 'simple minded' has to do with not wanting to play at another club. Maybe you just wanted to subtly throw some shade. I do hope you're right, though. Barça has seen too many greats leave the club too soon.

Dude, he never speaks Catalan with the media, he's always speaking Spanish - stop that. But to be fair, he never speaks much anyways. That wasn't a subtle jab towards Messi, he is who is he is. He's a laid back humble guy, seems to be more content being comfortable with his family rather than chasing the glitz and glamour of transferring to a club like City or PSG. Don't get defensive. :lol: . In the end you'll be happy, he's not going anywhere.

Psk, how'd you get that Neymar font on the black kit. I'm sure your son is loving his presents. (I think you should get him a Porto kit next >D)

Merry Christmas tho fellas, we keep it OG in family tho. Opened presents at midnight. :pimp:

Last edited:
Messi does speak Catalan but he doesn't use it publicly for whatever reason. It's taught at La Masia. It's supposedly the primary reason some youngsters don't go there. It was supposedly the reason why Isco didn't.

My godfather got the Barca 3rd shirt from WorldSoccerShop. It's different than the number sets used on the home shirt, but I don't care.

I thought about getting him Porto shirt but he's not familiar with any of the players.

Back
Top Bottom