The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Don't get me wrong, from what I've seen I'd like Danilo but I get the impression Tata wants to stand firm with what he has for now. Barring serious injury, I think Alves has 3 years left or top play ability before you see a slide in work rate.

BTW, wasn't Inter interested in Danilo?

Inter doesn't have the funds to get Danilo. He'll be on a top team within the next 2-3 years with a heavy bankroll. Real, Barca, PSG, Man City's of the world. You know Porto are going to want that full 50 million Euro or close to it. Inter wouldn't be able to afford that right now, they're in shambles.

Dude is a beast along with his Brazilian compatriot on the opposite defensive wing, Alex Sandro. He might go for more since he's left-footed - in due time of course.

Rumors are circulating Monaco will put Falcao on transfer market since they will have to submit to either have offices in France (requiring French taxes) or pay the LFP 200 million Euros...

Rumors are circulating Monaco will put Falcao on transfer market since they will have to submit to either have offices in France (requiring French taxes) or pay the LFP 200 million Euros...

:rofl: serves them right if they need to sell him...they'll have no leverage whatsoever, get Arsene on the phone! :lol: I'd figure they just pay the fine before they let him go though...their pockets are probably deep enough too smh

Inter doesn't have the funds to get Danilo. He'll be on a top team within the next 2-3 years with a heavy bankroll. Real, Barca, PSG, Man City's of the world. You know Porto are going to want that full 50 million Euro or close to it. Inter wouldn't be able to afford that right now, they're in shambles.

Dude is a beast along with his Brazilian compatriot on the opposite defensive wing, Alex Sandro. He might go for more since he's left-footed - in due time of course.
if Udinese were in a crap leage they would be = Porto

Dope stuff Beans! Have fun at the Westfalenstadion! :smokin

Screenshot from Arsenal.com's poll.....

If they dont get something (many somethings!) done soon things are going to get REAL ugly.

I dont even want to think about the atmosphere at the emirates will be if we go concede first. :smh:

Lyon at the top of the table for week 2, barring an epic collapse here :smokin 6pts out of 6pts...from what I read the young guys are looking great too, really glad Grenier re-upped

if Udinese were in a crap leage they would be = Porto

If Napoli ever won two champions league titles, let alone even won one champions league title. You'd be able to talk.

Hell, if they'd won at least a couple Euro League titles you'd be allowed to open your mouth.

Last edited:
Damn someone got real sensitive real quick, that wasn't really a shot, just pointing out that you guys are a big selling club, but a successful one..I can't front on Porto's success, but it wouldn't taste the same if my boys win with that kind of competition

You compared Udinese to Porto bro, that was disrespectful. Every team we'd ever had in the past 30 years would beat them every season :lol:

It's not Porto's fault that they've set the bar so high and other Portuguese teams can't compete. We're a country of 10 million people, unlike Italy whose 5 times our population and size, of course they have more parity and it's more competitive.

Should we complain about the Spanish league to now since it's either Real or Barca every year as well?

That Gary Neville video
sick.gif
I would pay top dollar just for that channel on my TV. What's the shows title?

That Gary Neville video:x I would pay top dollar just for that channel on my TV. What's the shows title?
Sky Sports.

That's Monday night football. Here in the UK :smile:

Didn't like Neville as a player, but he's a top class pundit.

That Gary Neville video:x I would pay top dollar just for that channel on my TV. What's the shows title?

Monday Night Football on Sky

I will continue to post his match analysis in this thread....he's hands down the best pundit in English football...

@CentreTransfer: Manchester United have turned down the chance to sign Mesut Ozil from Real Madrid and Willian from Anzhi Makhachkala. (Daily Mail)

Are any of you brahs geeked the **** out for tomorrow? I can't ******g wait to watch matches without worrying that my poverty stream might go out.

I am going to catch my fade and wake up for the Liverpool match. Yeah!

Wait what?! Turned down Ozil?

I think he is overrated but I also think he could shine in the right system but unless Real Mad just wanted too much I don't see why you would turn him down.

Willian I would pass on only because we do not have a great track rcord with Brasilians at OT outside of Rafael.

@CentreTransfer: Manchester United have turned down the chance to sign Mesut Ozil from Real Madrid and Willian from Anzhi Makhachkala. (Daily Mail)

Just like the Falcao transfer listed.

"Gossip Gossip, ***** just stop it"

that daily mail tweet doesnt even make any sense

anyway, i would pay good money for sky sports news channels in america, GOOD f$*king money

that daily mail tweet doesnt even make any sense

anyway, i would pay good money for sky sports news channels in america, GOOD f$*king money

You could always uh....watch it "online" :lol: I was streaming their transfer deadline coverage last summer

Canadian TV Schedule For Premier League Games in August 2013
Posted on August 16, 2013 by Alex Muller

For our Premier League brethren to the north in Canada, here’s the Premier League TV schedule for the first two weeks of the season (all times Eastern):
Saturday, August 17
7:45am — Liverpool vs Stoke City, Sportsnet
10am — Arsenal vs Aston Villa, Sportsnet
10am — Norwich vs Everton, TSN
10am — Sunderland vs Fulham, Sportsnet World
10am — West Ham vs Cardif, Sportsnet World Online
10am — West Brom vs Southampton, TSN.ca
12:30pm — Swansea vs Manchester United, Sportsnet
Sunday, August 18
8:30am — Crystal Palace vs Tottenham Hotspur, TSN
11am — Chelsea vs Hull City, TSN
Monday, August 19
3pm — Manchester City vs Newcastle United, TSN
Wednesday, August 21
2:45pm — Chelsea vs Aston Villa, Sportsnet World
Saturday, August 24
7:45am — Fulham vs Arsenal, Sportsnet
10am — Stoke City vs Crystal Palace, Sportsnet
10am — Newcastle vs West Ham, TSN
10am — Hull City vs Norwich, Sportsnet World
10am — Everton vs West Bromwich Albion, TSN.ca
10am — Southampton vs Sunderland, TSN.ca
12:30pm — Aston Villa vs Liverpool, TSN2
Sunday, August 25
11am — Cardiff City vs Manchester City, Sportsnet World Online
11am — Tottenham Hotspur vs Swansea, Sportsnet World
Monday, August 26
3pm — Manchester United vs Chelsea, TSN
Saturday, August 31
7:45am — Manchester City vs Hull City, TSN
10am — Newcastle United vs Fulham, Sportsnet
10am — West Brom vs Swansea, TSN2
10am — Cardiff City vs Everton, Sportsnet World
10am — West Ham United vs Stoke City, TSN.ca
10am — Norwich vs Southampton, Sportsnet World Online
12:30pm — Crystal Palace vs Sunderland, TSN2

What's Jackson Martinez's release clause? I remember seeing that it's 50mil

Bellerin, Gnabry, Hayden and Zelalem to all be in the squad tomorrow. I've been hearing that Frimpong would be in the line up as well. A lot of people saying that our midfield will be Ramsey anchoring, Wilshere at LCM and OX at ACM. Santi out wide. Right off the bat, the positioning of those players sounds exciting. Here's a piece from the Arsenal scouting report

Villa were particularly impressive in the former contest, with Lambert ordering his players to allow Arsenal time on the ball in defence, but to press immediately and intensely once the ball was played into midfield.
Arsenal’s midfielders were forced into simple return passes back to the centre backs, and struggled to work the ball forward. The primary job for Lambert’s most advanced midfielder this afternoon might be about closing down.

Wenger - I am not reluctant to spend
Arsène Wenger says he is not reluctant to spend money and is "excited" by the prospect of Arsenal's growing financial power.
The manager has brought in Yaya Sanogo this summer but is still looking to add to his squad before the transfer deadline passes on September 2.
It was put to Wenger at his pre-match press conference on Friday that there is a perception that he is resistant to an expensive recruitment policy.

"Of course that’s unfair," he responded. "Why should I resist? I just defend the idea that you spend the money you have and not the money you don’t have.
"For years I did that. Today we have more so we can spend more. It’s as simple as that.

"Of course I am excited by that prospect but what I want to convince you of is that we are ready to spend the money if we feel that the players makes us a better team tomorrow morning.
"Maybe it’s difficult to balance that in a newspaper but football is not only about that. It’s bigger than that. It’s about the team, the quality of the play, the spirit and togetherness and the quality of the players. Therefore we have to focus on all the rest as well."

Although Wenger wants to add to his squad, he is comforted by Arsenal's ability to hold on to their players after seeing some big names leave in recent summers.
"What happened for years was the quality of our work has been taken away from us because the best players left for financial reasons," he said.
"For the first time this year that has not happened and I don’t think it will happen again for financial reasons.
"We have made the first step. The next step is to strengthen the squad and the team by buying the right players."
Copyright 2013 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to www.arsenal.com as the source

Back
Top Bottom