The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Yo wtf are Arsenal doing?!? At least add some depth to the squad smh. Sanogo is our only signing right?! They can't keep swinging and missing Iike this

Yo wtf are Arsenal doing?!? At least add some depth to the squad smh. Sanogo is our only signing right?! They can't keep swinging and missing Iike this

That's why I don't think Wenger is going to get his contract renewed after this year. Seems like all they care about is qualifying for the champions league, every year.

However the Spurs have gotten much better so maybe they won't qualify next year, it'll serve the organization right and make them take a profressive approach. If I was an Arsenal fan I'd root for them not to make it, just so drastic changes could be take place.

Last edited:
That's why I don't think Wenger is going to get his contract renewed after this year. Seems like all they care about is qualifying for the champions league, every year.

However the Spurs have gotten much better so maybe they won't qualify next year, it'll serve the organization right and make them take a profressive approach.

Wenger has that job for as long as he wants, the board loves him that's all that matters but I believe he said he'll look at the situation and decide if it's time to move on.

IMO the board only cares if they qualify for the CL. Financially, they can't keep up with Chelsea and Man City and haven't been able to with United. Their only hope is for a group of special talents to come up at the same time through their youth system and then they can decide if its worth it to make a title/CL push and add some big signings. Wenger has been doing his job pretty well if its to satisfy the board. Don't splurge on big signings, flip young players for more than you bought them for, and qualify for the CL to maintain your integrity and get that CL money.

But even if that happens, clubs like Real, Barca, Bayern, City, etc. will come calling and those players will answer for the prestige and/or $$.

Last edited:
Mexico vs Ivory Coast should be interesting tonight. Both teams have not been very impressive as of late

This was supposed to be the season when we could finally compete, especially at the financial level. We had around 70mil, going into August, we now have closer to 90mil. We freed up our wage bill and got rid of majority of our dead weight but we haven't made any replacements. Even Wenger has said that our squad is thin. The big issue is that Wenger hasn't adapted to the modern football market. He only wants to pay for what he believes a players valuation is worth and not the market value. I believe it was Gazidis who recently said that [the market hasn't moved as we expected]. To why we don't take the initiative, I wish I knew. We may not have as much money as City, Chelsea and etc but that doesn't mean we still can't buy top players. We could have gotten Higuain and Gustavo. In fact, we should have. If reports are right, we just didn't want to increase our bids. We failed to get Capoue in Jan because his club didn't want to sell him yet. Instead of forming a pre-contract, I guess we thought we could do better but we haven't gotten anywhere yet.

As for the board, they certainly aren't complaining. There's no pressure from them despite being in good financials. But it's hard to see him staying, especially not making the quality signings when we have the money. He's a good manager but just needs the players

Where to Find Premier League Extra Time On Your Cable or Satellite System
Posted on August 15, 2013 by Christopher Harris

Many soccer fans in the United States are still puzzled whether or not they’ll be able to access Premier League Extra Time, the overflow channel service where select TV providers will broadcast the games that are not being shown live on NBC or NBC Sports Network.
The reason for the puzzlement is because DirecTV and AT&T Uverse are the only TV providers who have revealed where their Premier League Extra Time channels will reside.
The other TV providers who will offer the service haven’t communicated where soccer fans can find those overflow channels. Those TV providers are Bright House Networks, Cablevision’s Optimum, Comcast’s Xfinity TV, Cox, Mediacom, Suddenlink, and Time Warner Cable. Additionally, over 100 NCTC partners have either signed-on to the Premier League Extra Time package or have opted-in via TV Everywhere, including Blue Ridge Communications, Buckeye CableSystem, CenturyLink Prism, and RCN.
The challenge here is that NBC Sports Group has done their job in negotiating deals with each of the major TV providers mentioned above to offer Premier League Extra Time. But now the onus is on each of the different TV providers to follow through on their promises and to communicate to their customers where they can find these games. The end result is mass confusion because each TV provider works independently and at their own pace.

If there is a delay or confusion with Premier League Extra Time this weekend, the fact is that the majority of games this season will be shown across NBC Sports Network and other NBC networks, so only four matches will be on the overflow channels. Those matches for the opening weekend are:
Norwich vs Everton, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Sunderland vs Fulham, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
West Ham vs Cardiff, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
West Brom vs Southampton, 10am, Premier League Extra Time
Having said that, access to all channels would be ideal so soccer fans can pick and choose what they want to see.

As an insurance policy, all 380 games this season are being shown live on the Internet via the NBC Sports Live Extra app. There’s been no final word regarding on-demand capability for the service yet, but the following TV providers do plan on providing access to it: AT&T U-verse, Cablevision’s Optimum, Charter, Comcast’s Xfinity TV, Cox, DirecTV, DISH, Suddenlink and Verizon FiOS).
In order to try to help everyone figure out where they can find their Premier League Extra Time on their TV provider, I’ve assembled the list below of where the Premier League Extra Time channels will reside.
But I need your assistance. If you have one of the TV providers listed below and you’ve uncovered where Premier League Extra Time channels will reside, please let us know in the comments section below so I can update the list for everyone to see.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Here’s the guide to where you can find the Premier League Extra Time channels:
AT&T Uverse
SD – Channels 690-697.
HD – Channels 1690-1697.
Bright House Networks
The channel listings differ by market:
Bakersfield market: 1180-1184
Birmingham market: 858-862
Detroit market: 1511-1515
Indianapolis market: 1511-1515
Central Florida market: 1831-1835
Tampa Bay market: 1831-1835
Cablevision’s Optimum
Channels 470-475.
Comcast Xfinity TV
Premier League Extra Time feeds will be accessible through Xfinity On Demand and not as channels per se [Source]
Cox
Premier League Extra Time channel numbers will differ by region.
Arizona: 1160-1166
California: 1701-1707.
DirecTV
Premier League Extra Time channels can be found on channels 491-494.
DISH
DISH was originally listed as one of the participating TV providers who would offer Premier League Extra Time, but DISH has decided to offer NBC Sports Live Extra only (in addition to NBC and NBC Sports Network, of course).
Mediacom
Unknown
Suddenlink
Unknown
Time Warner Cable
Unknown

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that!! So many options this Saturday! ...knowing I can watch all these games on tv means ill def be wagering on epl games a lot more this year

sorry for this question but can someone post the link and code to the fantasy league?

@SpursOfficial: We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Toulouse for the transfer of Etienne Capoue.

Tottenham stay stacking there squad :x

nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif

In fact...if they can keep Bale.... :smh: and get a winning mentality into their head...Spurs are going to be lethal this season....

If Bale stays, and they play to their potential Tottenham can place pretty high in the League. Im not saying they will win, but they could cause the top teams some serious problems. Arsenal in particular need to step their game up or risk losing a CL spot 

Last edited:
In light of this Spurs news, IT'S PREDICTION TIME!

So go ahead post your predictions:

1. EPL Top 6 In Order
2. Serie A Top 3 in Order
3. Ligue 1 Winner
4. La Liga Winner
5. Bundesliga Winner
6. EPL Player of the Season
7. EPL Manager of the Season
8. EPL Young Player of the Year
9. Champs League Final 2 and Winner
10. Europa League Winner
11. FA Cup Winner
12. League Cup Winner
13. Top 5 EPL Goal scorers in order

1. Chelsea, United, Spurs, City, Gunners, Liverpool
2. Juve, Napoli, Milan
3. PSG
4. Madrid
5. Bayern
6. RVP
7. The Chosen One
8. cant think of any right now
9. Madrid wins against Bayern in a perfect world
10. Spurs
11. United
12. Spurs
13. RVP, Bale, Michu,, Lukaku, Kun

Will edit if there's major transfers and if I remember

Last edited:
So ready for the season to start on Saturday! Sucks that I gotta get up so early on the west cost to watch though

The most famous Watford fan interviewing Jennifer Aniston during the We Are The Millers press junket...

Yo CoupeIt88, was your beloved Portugal wearing this shirt/kit for the Holland match?

View media item 540218

Last edited:
Bale out this weekend due to injury or "injury", whichever you prefer.

:pimp:

There's no way Tottenham has been splurging like this without the intent of selling him

Edit: but to play devils advocate they could be doing it with the belief that they can sell him for a similar price next summer, while securing a CL spot.

Last edited:
Yo CoupeIt88, was your beloved Portugal wearing this shirt/kit for the Holland match?

View media item 540218

Na man, they weren't.

Thats def a fake tho, you can tell by the crest. However, sometimes the fake companies get the leaked design of the upcoming jersey and start making them asap.

If thats the template for the new kit, I like it. Wish we used gold instead of white tho like we have before.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom