The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Spurs can blame Baldini, he left Roma and look at the people we brought in without his help and or influence.

spurs were just allowed to buy too many people and it just didnt work out

Exactly.

Integrating two to 3 players is tough enough....but 7???

It was a good thing to beef up the squad but they would need to be integrated slowly over the season, even if that meant some of them sitting on the bench longer than they wanted.

Wonder if the change in Manager now means that Lamela will get a good run in the side

Feel like Moyes should just go ahead and lose to Sunderland in the semi. Would be less embarrasing than a 4-goal loss to City in a cup final.

Have you already forgotten that Citeh just lost to Sunderland 1-0 recently? Or how about how they lost to Villa 3-2?

The beauty of football is that you never know what will happen on the day.

laugh.gif

18-12-2013-GifNumber-2.gif

spurs were just allowed to buy too many people and it just didnt work out

Exactly.

Integrating two to 3 players is tough enough....but 7???

It was a good thing to beef up the squad but they would need to be integrated slowly over the season, even if that meant some of them sitting on the bench longer than they wanted.

Levy is part of the problem but to me AVB has proven he's not an effective manager during his stops at Chelsea & Tottenham.

In other news, it's official, Iniesta has signed an extension keeping at the club through 2018!

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football...ell-announces-new-iniesta-contract-until-2018

Last edited:
Sacha Riether of Fulham tweeted/deleted a "Welcome back, Clint Dempsey!" message along with a picture of the two...so it appears that loan is happening.

Wilshere probably wouldn't have played anyways.

Szec
Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs
Flamini, Ramsey
Theo, Özil and Santi
Giroud

Probably our lineup for Monday.

Fully expect Mou to pick an ultra-defensize midfield at Arsenal (Mikel/Essien, Hazard/Oscar/Ramires), so Wenger doesn't really need Wilshere. Put Cazorla/Ozil/Walcott in the 3 supporting Giroud and fire away.

Edit: Well, that was weird.

Last edited:
Reading rumors of Chelsea sending David Luiz to Inter for CB Andrea Ranocchia... I really hope he doesn't come to Camp Nou... I'd rather have Ranocchia if given the choice between the 2. I do like the rumor of Barca looking into Villarreal's Mateo Musacchio. He's played very well for the yellow submarine.

The latest Barca rumor also has them interested in 17 year old Croatian attacking mid Alen Halilovic who likes playing on the left side. His club president is even quoted in Mundo Deportivo (taken with a grain of salt) stating there is a £15 million offer on the table.

I'm far from being an apologist, but it seems like a lot of the negativity thrown at Barca as of late from the Spanish press may be stemming from an anti Catalan independence movement.

Read below for the latest if you care to. I think this will end up like Quebec's failed attempt at independence in all honesty but there seems to be an agenda against the symbol of Catalonia...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/12/world/europe/spain-catalonia-vote/index.html?iref=allsearch

I will admit however that my instincts tell me that Sandro Rosell comes across as a nefarious character. Although I'm pretty sure he's savy enough to protect the way the deal went if subject to scrutiny, the Neymar deal does seem very fishy... I don't think Messi is up to no good financially but I think he's got some bad people around him including his pops. So much negativity has come his summer tour too...

Last edited:
I want Catalunya to gain independence because they deserve it. But if they do, FC Barcelona is so screwed. The Spanish be so angry and will kick them out the Lig. Maybe they could join the French ligue, I'm sure they'd take them on. That could be an alternative.

I seriously think that's the only reason Catalunya hasn't gotten independence yet, the people are scared about what happens to Barca. Lol

A Catalan premiere league featuring Barca & Espanyol... :rolleyes :lol: I don't think La Liga would want Barca to leave should Catalonia ever gain independence. Actually the other teams wouldn't want Barca to leave. They increase ticket prices a great deal whenever the Blaugrana come to play & make a lot more cash than they normally do.

The Spanish or the Madrid based media is off the hook though... Mundo Deportivo reported early this week that Tata has told friends he's leaving the club at the end of this year citing the inability to deal with the scrutiny. :rolleyes

They reported Hiddink was going to replace him... What the heck.... :smh:

Last edited:
Reading rumors of Chelsea sending David Luiz to Inter for CB Andrea Ranocchia... I really hope he doesn't come to Camp Nou... I'd rather have Ranocchia if given the choice between the 2. I do like the rumor of Barca looking into Villarreal's Mateo Musacchio. He's played very well for the yellow submarine.

The latest Barca rumor also has them interested in 17 year old Croatian attacking mid Alen Halilovic who likes playing on the left side. His club president is even quoted in Mundo Deportivo (taken with a grain of salt) stating there is a £15 million offer on the table.

I'm far from being an apologist, but it seems like a lot of the negativity thrown at Barca as of late from the Spanish press may be stemming from an anti Catalan independence movement.

Read below for the latest if you care to. I think this will end up like Quebec's failed attempt at independence in all honesty but there seems to be an agenda against the symbol of Catalonia...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/12/world/europe/spain-catalonia-vote/index.html?iref=allsearch

I will admit however that my instincts tell me that Sandro Rosell comes across as a nefarious character. Although I'm pretty sure he's savy enough to protect the way the deal went if subject to scrutiny, the Neymar deal does seem very fishy... I don't think Messi is up to no good financially but I think he's got some bad people around him including his pops. So much negativity has come his summer tour too...

Rosell is definitely a greedy @#$ scumbag along with the rest of the upper management of Barca. I haven't met one other Barca fan on earth who likes him.

Last edited:
A Catalan premiere league featuring Barca & Espanyol...
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
I don't think La Liga would want Barca to leave should Catalonia ever gain independence. Actually the other teams wouldn't want Barca to leave. They increase ticket prices a great deal whenever the Blaugrana come to play & make a lot more cash than they normally do.

The Spanish or the Madrid based media is off the hook though... Mundo Deportivo reported early this week that Tata has told friends he's leaving the club at the end of this year citing the inability to deal with the scrutiny.
eyes.gif

They reported Hiddink was going to replace him... What the heck....
mean.gif
I was in Barcelona and Madrid in September, and they attack eachother with no filter. I was shocked when i was watching the news about Catalunya's independance and everything that is coming from it.

I will say that, IMO, Barca is the most important piece to the Catalunya independence issue. In the two games i went to at the Camp Nou, the "independencia" chant was the most repeated.

Espanyol would be stay in la liga no matter what, they don't want to leave spain. A lot of Barca fans hate Espanyol more than Madrid, because of the political views they represent.

La Liga needs Barca to thrive, of course. They'd lose millions if not billions in the long run but from my understanding, what I've experienced, the Spanish people would want Barca out the league just to spite the Catalans. Barca is the media outlet that represents Catalonia to the world, it's by far there biggest weapon. The Spaniards know that and if they somehow gain independence (which will be extremely hard to do) there will be a civil economic war, Spain would shut Catalonia out for years just out of emotional reaction.

That includes FC Barca first and foremost. They'd do everything they could to stick it to the Catalans. Seriously, that's Catalans only gripe with independence, they know it. France would come knocking on the door. PSG vs Barca would be the new Classico.

What would the Spanish league be without Barcelona?

The Bundesliga buh-bum-tsh

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom