The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Pitcher of sangria while dining at Forno's and discussing football strategy with the Special One. Ultimate man date.

Prettyboy RY7 - I take transfer rumors with a grain of salt. It's useful for "water cooler" talk in here, that's about it. I don't take any of it seriously though...

Pretty much.

Ever since this day...

View media item 697973
I've learned to never fully believe a player is coming to your club UNTIL you see him on the pitch playing :smh:

Dont forget...

article-1302472-0AC611CC000005DC-378_226x300_popup.jpg

article-1302472-0AC443E1000005DC-543_226x300.jpg

arsesplash1-441548.jpg

BTGADP4IYAAWWjy.jpg

:lol:

I'm still dumbfounded that Mikel was full on in the kit, doing a presser, and it wasnt a done deal. :lol: :smh:

While we are on the subject, Peter Odemwingie showing up at QPR, and talking up his new club, still is hilarious to me.

0.jpg

I think about it whenever I see him on the pitch and it still makes me laugh. :lol:

I know that he wants UCL footie and Liverpool can't give him any this season.

He will push for a move if he knows we want him again, I'm very optimistic.

But at the end of day if he wants out of Liverpool, they will sell him to Real or some other big club outside England. I don't think Arsenal have a shot. The Liverpool director made that clear last summer. Didn't dude say "what are they smoking at the Emirates?" Lol.

Not to mention Liverpool are in position to make the champions league.

As much and I want the nutjob at Arsenal, I too dont see it happening anymore....not with the position they are in right now. Had they been out of it by failing to pick up all those points without him during his ban, him seeing the squad struggle without him, would have reaffirmed that he was too good for Liverpool and he would be more open to bounce at the first chance in Winter. Plus at the time, over the summer, we were an unknown quality in terms of title ambition, but now with a player of Suarez caliber leading our line they'd be selling us the title and they know that. He isnt going anywhere now (Unless Roman offers 80m to bring him to Chelsea or something...which I could actually see happening :lol: :smh:).

But just for clarification in the summer the classless owner Henry's bit on twitter, "What are they smoking down at Emirates" was about the offer of 40m +1 not that there was no way they weren't willing to sell to us.

Go read back at quotes/interviews from Rogers over the summer they wanted 50m for him and would have sold him for that much if the offer came in but we apparently didn't want to go higher than 40m/thought that he had a clause in his contact which we could talk to him and he'd push for a move to the Emirates thus we'd get him for that 40m+1.

In hindsight refusing to pay the extra 10m for him/hoping he'd push for a move looks INCREDIBLY stupid. :frown: :smh:

I mean what the **** can 10m get you today in world football! transfers? One Oliver Giroud or one Gervinho.....that's what...and that says it all. :smh: :smh: :smh:

Last edited:
Ramsey was going to come to Arsenal before any other club.

The boy grew up his entire life an Arsenal supporter, along with Jack. :smokin

^Huh? Ramsey a lifelong Arsenal supporter? Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure he grew up 100% supporting Cardiff. I think you may be thinking on Jenkinson...he's a Gooner through and through (as is Nico Yennaris).

with that said its not like it matters...

VanPersie.jpg

:stoneface:

Last edited:
I had a feeling we were gonna draw Bayern :smh:

Oh well, time to replicate that win at the Allianz last CL season. x2 :smile:

Anybody watched Bayern's first match of the club world cup? Gotze was out there cookin', so was Ribery/

^Huh? Ramsey a lifelong Arsenal supporter? Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure he grew up 100% supporting Cardiff. I think you may be thinking on Jenkinson...he's a Gooner through and through (as is Nico Yennaris).
yup :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

View media item 698875

Last edited:
Spurs flying in Willian and setting everything up just for Chelsea to scoop him up to sign him is up there too.

Last edited:
Spurs flying in Willian and setting everything up just for Chelsea to scoop him up to sign him is up there too.

Spurs paying the taxi fare for Emmanuel Petit to sign for Arsenal >

and that Obi Mikel transfer to Chelsea was pretty crazy...
Utd was going to use him as an attacking midfielder,at least that's what i remembered of him playing for the Nigeria U21...
sure he won titles with the Blues but i'm gonna go as far as saying that we never really saw Mikel's true potential...

Last edited:
@AFCAcademy The Nike Ordem Ball for the 14/15 BPL is amazing.
BbtQmVIIgAAlMnd.jpg

Siting Soccer

UM architecture students design Miami’s fantasy soccer stadium and learn about reality.
http://www.miami.edu/index.php/news/releases/siting_soccer/
@TheOffsideRules Proposed Miami #MLS stadium: fake Allianz Area.
BbtauABIMAA56dv.png

Proposed Miami #MLS stadium: looks like the old Howard Johnson restaurant on the boardwalk in Asbury Park, NJ
Bbta9_AIUAANBxu.png

Proposed Miami #MLS stadium: Bubble City
BbtbWNBIcAAwAmw.png

Proposed Miami #MLS stadium: "The U" (View 2)
BbtcGhLIAAAc4fU.png

Proposed Miami #MLS stadium: this is my fav. Dubbing it "The Beehive" at Millennium Park.
BbteJcSIQAAvKRz.png

Proposed Miami #MLS stadium: inside "the Beehive".
BbtepH8IcAABBKy.png

:lol: @ El Shaarawy getting that last snip for his 'hawk before answering his phone, @ Iker for keeping flies off his Spanish ham (prosciutto), & CR7 playing keepy uppie with a women's volleyball team :smokin. La Pulga as the captain :smokin

Ronaldo chillen with the womens volleyball team and Rooney boxing. Sounds about right.

No idea what Victor Moses or Landon Donavon are doing there. I don't want them on my team if the world's on the line.

Last edited:

Spurs paying the taxi fare for Emmanuel Petit to sign for Arsenal >

and that Obi Mikel transfer to Chelsea was pretty crazy...
Utd was going to use him as an attacking midfielder,at least that's what i remembered of him playing for the Nigeria U21...
sure he won titles with the Blues but i'm gonna go as far as saying that we never really saw Mikel's true potential...

:lol: Mikel has one EPL goal in 100+ appearances for Chelsea. Even if it's from a defensive position, I think it's pretty safe to say that he wasn't about to become some offensive machine.

I just realized West Brom fired Steve Clarke... I wonder if Jose will bring his protege in to help "reorganize" the Chelsea defense?

Back
Top Bottom