The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

So since silly season is back...

Time for the good, the bad and the completely ridiculous...

-Chelsea are expected make a £20m January move for Southampton's 18-year-old defender Luke Shaw.

-Chelsea and Manchester United, as well as former club Liverpool, are all interested in midfielder Xabi Alonso, 32, whose contract at Real Madrid expires in the summer. (Coming back to Anfield, I would assume).

-United and Tottenham met Guarin's representatives on Thursday to discuss a move to the Premier League but Chelsea have dropped out of the race to sign him.

-Chelsea have made contact with Monaco about signing Colombian striker Radamel Falcao, 27, in January amid speculation the player does not get on with manager Claudio Ranieri. (I still want to see Falcao in the prem, even if he's at Chelsea).

-Chelsea could exchange their midfielder Kevin De Bryune, 22, for German club Schalke's 20 year-old Julian Draxler. ( I can't see why on earth Draxler would want to come after KDB barely got any playing time).

-Manchester United boss David Moyes is keen on Atletico Madrid midfielder Koke, 21, and was in the crowd to watch him play against Porto in the Champions League on Wednesday. (I hear there's a buy-out clause, expect Moyes to make a bid for Buyout + 35% of clause- and then upon failure, put in a bid for Barkley).

-Tottenham are to send club-record signing Erik Lamela out on loan to Atletico Madrid, which could pave the way for Koke to leave Spain. The 21-year-old is wanted by Liverpool, Manchester United and AC Milan.

-Arsenal are closing in on Real Sociedad winger Antoine Griezmann. The 22-year-old Frenchman is rated at £20m.

-Chelsea will revive their interest in signing Wayne Rooney from Manchester United, with the 28-year-old's contract due to expire in 18 months.

They crown a champion every half season. So they crown a champ in December (apertura) AND in May (clausura). Argentina does something similar.

Mexico, however, has a liguilla with the top 8 teams (aka playoffs) to determine the winner each time. It is OD and it generates revenue and TV $$$.

Fixed.

There were rumors last night of an English scouter at the Leon-America game.
Mexican press were saying they are following Carlos "Gullit" Peña and that it was Man Utd scouters.

Last edited:
They crown a champion every half season. So they crown a champ in December (apertura) AND in May (clausura). Argentina does something similar.

Mexico, however, has a liguilla with the top 8 teams (aka playoffs) to determine the winner each time. It is OD and it generates revenue and TV $$$.

Fixed.

There were rumors last night of an English scouter at the Leon-America game.
Mexican press were saying they are following Carlos "Gullit" Peña and that it was Man Utd scouters.

United will be linked to EVERY midfielder in teh world right now.

the Koke rumors are BS.

He was born in Madrid, has been in Atletico's youth system since he was 8, they're one of the best sides in the world right now, are in the running for La Liga, just finished first in their CL group, and he's an automatic starter. 

I obviously could be wrong, but I think it's both arrogant of United and their fans, and disrespectful to what Atletico's doing given all of those circumstances to think Koke would leave for a 9th place team with Moyes at the helm.

Last edited:

Mexico, however, has a liguilla (aka playoffs) to determine the winner each time. I think its OD but I'm sure it generates revenue and TV $$$.
Two seasons in one year and playoffs for both? Wow

Is any season more important?

This is fascinating stuff. How Latin-American countries play their football.

Couple things.

-Why on earth would Falcao move again? The **** you doing going to Monaco? The coach will go before Falc.
-So what's going on with Lamela at Spurs? Not enough playing time? Dude was a god at Roma. Good he'll go to At. Madrid but come on they wont get rid of Koke.
-Rooney to Chelsea? Do it.
-I knew Griezmann was going to pack his bags as soon as Sociedad eff'ed up CL.
-Why can't Man U look at De Bryune?

Last edited:
You think anyone will come in this transfer window? Midfield seems fine to me, defense could use something. Only thing I would hope for is someone to rotate in with Giroud

I can see Wenger throwing a gigantic offer for Suarez, since he's not cup-tied.

I don't think any midfielders will come in, possibly a defender.

I do think however, another striker will come in, we need more cover than Bendtner and Sanogo.

It's good that we find out who we play on Monday, so we can buy accordingly in January.

I don't see Wenger going after Suarez again but that's just me.
Another striker and defender, I can see happening. Not sure how credible the Pato rumors are but they are not a stretch. I don't think we've been linked to any defenders. At least none that I am aware of.
I think that Bendtner/Park will go this window, at least one of them

if Suarez comes

View media item 177516

Toure deflection! 

Theo's been out for 3 months already!? 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom