The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

You think anyone will come in this transfer window? Midfield seems fine to me, defense could use something. Only thing I would hope for is someone to rotate in with Giroud

I can see Wenger throwing a gigantic offer for Suarez, since he's not cup-tied.

I don't think any midfielders will come in, possibly a defender.

I do think however, another striker will come in, we need more cover than Bendtner and Sanogo.

It's good that we find out who we play on Monday, so we can buy accordingly in January.

I don't see Wenger going after Suarez again but that's just me.
Another striker and defender, I can see happening. Not sure how credible the Pato rumors are but they are not a stretch. I don't think we've been linked to any defenders. At least none that I am aware of.
I think that Bendtner/Park will go this window, at least one of them

@Football__Zone Everton forward Gerard Deulofeu has a €35m release clause at Barcelona. (El Mundo Deportivo)
- Koke (Atlético de Madrid) release clause confirmed to be €24m euros. [Various]

QPR announce plans for new 40,000-seater stadium at Old Oak
Artist's impression of the plans for stadium and regeneration
Queens Park Rangers plans to build a 40,000 capacity stadium in Old Oak
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories

QPR begin talks over new stadium
Views sought on HS2 station plan
HS2 timetable 'complete madness'
Queens Park Rangers have unveiled plans for a new stadium in north-west London.

The proposed 40,000-seat building in Old Oak will replace the club's current Loftus Road ground, in Shepherds Bush.

The stadium will be part of a regeneration of the area, which is provisionally called New Queens Park.

"Loftus Road is - and always will be - a special place for the club and our supporters, but we need more than an 18,000 capacity," QPR chairman Tony Fernandes said.

"With no option of expanding here, we have to look elsewhere and we welcome the Mayor's and Hammersmith & Fulham Council's commitment to regenerate the area.

Leaving Loftus Road

Loftus Road
Loftus Road first became home to QPR in 1917. They twice moved out to White City Stadium (1931 and 1963) but soon returned on both occasions
It has a capacity of just over 18,000, which made it the Premier League's smallest when the club was in that division last season
QPR have an average attendance of 17,006 in the Championship so far this season
"Not only will this give us a top-quality stadium to cater for QPR's needs as the club progresses and grows over the years ahead, but we are very excited about being the driving force behind creating one of the best new urban places in the world."

The plans include a residential area with 24,000 new homes and a commercial space which will include a 350-room luxury hotel, studios, offices, cinemas and restaurants.

The regeneration is expected to generate 50,000 jobs.

Chief executive Philip Beard wants the new ground to retain some of the characteristics of Loftus Road.

He said: "We will look to build a stadium QPR fans and local residents can be proud of.

"Loftus Road is renowned for its atmosphere and with the help of our supporters, replicating that at our new stadium will be one of our top priorities."

Fernandes completed his takeover of the club, who were relegated to the Championship last season, in August 2011.

He first revealed the club were looking at alternative sites to Loftus Road in West London in November 2011 and Rangers confirmed they were in talks about the Old Oak site since August.

Antony Spencer, who is developing the masterplan for the project along with Sir Terry Farrell, said the area will be a "vibrant" development.

Old Oak

Old Oak is an area of industrial and railway land in between Old Oak Common Lane, Wormwood Scrubs, Scrubs Lane and Willesden Junction in west London. It is the site of a proposed new hub station for the HS2 rail line north, which will also incorporate the trans-London Crossrail project. It is two-and-a-half miles from QPR's current ground at Loftus Road.

"We are talking to a number of world-class architects to design iconic tall buildings akin to New York, the Far East and London's finest, as well as improving and incorporating the waterside environment of the Grand Union Canal."

He added: "We are now in a position to forge ahead as we have secured strategic land holdings in excess of 100 acres. We are confident of securing a planning permission by early 2015 and starting development shortly afterwards."

QPR is working with the Greater London Authority (GLA) and Hammersmith and Fulham Council on the plans, which need planning approval.

As part of the proposed redevelopment scheme, Old Oak is to be the main hub station in the capital for the HS2 high-speed rail project.

The GLA recently consulted residents on the plan for Old Oak, which it says will improve the local economy and see thousands of homes built.

If plans do go ahead, the area would be redeveloped by 2043, with the station open in 2026.

U.S. Soccer and Jurgen Klinsmann Agree to Four-Year Contract Extension
The U.S. Soccer Federation and Jurgen Klinsmann have agreed to a four-year contract extension that will keep the former World Cup champion in his role as head coach of the U.S. Men’s National Team through 2018.
Print Subscribe to RSS Email This
Dec. 12, 2013

[emoji]169[/emoji] Tony Quinn/isiphotos.com

Jurgen Klinsmann
IN THE IMAGE: Klinsmann’s record as head coach of the Men’s National Team is 27-10-7, including two back-to-back record-setting years

Former World Cup Champion Named U.S. Soccer Technical Director as Part of Deal that Runs Through 2018

CHICAGO (Dec. 12, 2013) – The U.S. Soccer Federation and Jurgen Klinsmann have agreed to a four-year contract extension that will keep the former World Cup champion in his role as head coach of the U.S. Men’s National Team through 2018. As part of the new deal, Klinsmann also becomes the Technical Director for U.S. Soccer. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

“One of the reasons we hired Jurgen as our head coach was to advance the program forward and we’ve seen the initial stages of that happening on the field and also off the field in various areas,” said U.S. Soccer President Sunil Gulati. “In the past two years he has built a strong foundation from the senior team down to the youth teams and we want to continue to build upon that success.”

Klinsmann has been at the helm for more than two years, compiling an overall record of 27-10-7. In 2013, he led the U.S. to one of the most successful years in MNT history, highlighted by the first place finish in CONCACAF qualifying for the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The team captured its fifth Gold Cup title, winning all six matches en route to the championship. The USA defeated No. 2-ranked Germany and also set single year records for wins (16), winning percentage (.761), and consecutive wins (12).

View Klinsmann’s Coaching Accomplishments with MNT
“I am very fortunate to continue the work we started more than two and half years ago,” said Klinsmann. “It’s exciting to see the progress we have made, and we continue to make improvements on all fronts. The role of Technical Director is a huge challenge and also a huge opportunity as we look to keep connecting the dots to the Youth National Teams, Coaching Education, the Development Academy and the grassroots efforts in this country. These are fascinating topics and I am excited work with so many talented people and hear fresh ideas. For sure it means more work, but also many more fulfilling opportunities.”

In addition to guiding the senior Men’s National Team, Klinsmann has been extremely active in building an integrated philosophy throughout the U.S. Youth National Teams, working closely with the coaches to develop performance driven standards both on and off the field.

Last month, Gulati and Klinsmann announced three-time FIFA World Cup veteran Tab Ramos as the Federation’s Youth Technical Director. Ramos will oversee the long-term strategies for development of both coaches and players at the youth level in the United States, working closely with Klinsmann and the Youth National Team and Development Academy coaches.

Klinsmann is currently in Bradenton, Fla., attending the U.S. Soccer Development Academy Winter Showcase and will be speaking with all of the club coaches on hand.

“It is vital that we stay focused on the development of our youth players and make sure the messages we are providing the senior team are being spread through our Youth National Teams as well as the U.S. Soccer Development Academy,” said Klinsmann. “With Tab as our Youth Technical Director we will be able to continue to connect the dots and see more improvement.

The United States has been drawn into Group G of the 2014 FIFA World Cup along with Ghana, Portugal and Germany. The U.S. opens its tournament on June 16 against Ghana with kickoff at 6 p.m. ET at Estadio Das Dunas in Natal, located on the northeast coast of the country in the state of Rio Grande do Norte.

The USA will then face Portugal on June 22 at 6 p.m. ET at Arena Amazonia in Manaus, in the state of Amazonias, and will finish group play against three-time World Cup champion Germany at Arena Pernambuco in Recife, which is the capital of the state of Pernambuco and is also located on the northeast coast of the country. Kickoff for that match against Germany is 12 p.m. ET.

- See more at: http://www.ussoccer.com/News/Mens-N...Klinsmann-Extension.aspx#sthash.GIGMhEzi.dpuf

Kevin De Bruyne's agent confirms talks with Chelsea to 'grant transfer'

The agent of Kevin De Bruyne has confirmed he is to hold talks with Chelsea amid reports that several Bundesliga clubs are poised to come in for the winger.

The 22-year-old, who impressed during a season-long loan at Werder Bremen last season, was heavily linked with a return to the Bundesliga in the summer, with Wolfsburg and Bayer Leverkusen among the interested parties.

However, De Bruyne remained at Chelsea and has struggled to make an impact since returning to Stamford Bridge, making just three Premier League appearances under Jose Mourinho.

As a result, the Belgium international is said to have become frustrated at the lack of first-team opportunities, and his representative Patrick De Koster suggested that a January switch is possible.

He told German paper Express: "I am going to fly over to London to find a proper solution with Chelsea.

"Should Kevin be granted a transfer, I will be immediately on the phone to Michael Reschke (Leverkusen's general manager). We have a great relationship with him.

"Clubs like Borussia Dortmund, Schalke and Wolfsburg have also enquired.

"Kevin will decide which club offers the best future for him on a sporting level."

The former Genk midfielder was Belgium’s top scorer in the 2014 World Cup qualification campaign with four goals in 10 appearances.

He really does need to go, especially with the WC coming around. A loan wouldn't be all that practical considering how young the Chelsea midfield is.

Future News: Robin van Persie demands transfer to ‘the real Manchester United’

Confirming rumors that he has made a formal transfer request, Manchester United striker Robin van Persie has announced that his intended destination is "the real Manchester United." Confused by the club's struggles this season, the 30-year-old Dutch international is under the impression that he is currently playing for a different team and would like to return to the side he helped to the Premier League title last season.

"Where's Sir Alex [Ferguson]? Who's the guy with the big hair? I want to go home," Van Persie told reporters at Manchester United's Carrington training ground. "Earlier this year I was lifting the Premier League trophy and now every time I look at the bench, the Everton manager is standing there looking constipated. And what is an Adnan Januzaj? I spoke to the little boy inside me, who is now my agent, and he is screaming for the real Manchester United. As well as some ice cream."

Van Persie joined the club in the summer of 2012 after eight years with Arsenal and led the league with 26 goals last season. He's already scored seven times in 11 appearances this season, but Man United are currently in ninth place under new manager David Moyes. Now, with Arsenal atop the table, Van Persie is set on a January move to a form of the team he currently plays for that no longer exists.

"I don't know if this is some kind of a prank by Arsene Wenger or if the real Manchester United moved to a different location and forgot to email me the details, but in January, I must return to the club," Van Persie insisted. "With Arsenal signing Mesut Ozil and being in first place, I'm pretty sure this is just Wenger's attempt to teach me a lesson, though. There's no way any of this is happening in real life."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/socce...sie-demands-transfer-real-203216113--sow.html

Suarez's price has gotta be €55-€60 and rising at this point, Wenger should have just bought Demba Ba last January..

Long-shot but does anyone with xfinity cable know if they'll be getting beIN Sport in HD anytime soon? Picture's so bad I almost feel like hauling in my old analog TV..

You think anyone will come in this transfer window? Midfield seems fine to me, defense could use something. Only thing I would hope for is someone to rotate in with Giroud

I can see Wenger throwing a gigantic offer for Suarez, since he's not cup-tied.

I don't think any midfielders will come in, possibly a defender.

I do think however, another striker will come in, we need more cover than Bendtner and Sanogo.

It's good that we find out who we play on Monday, so we can buy accordingly in January.

That Suarez offer would make sense, as you say he's not cup-tied. I think what will be problematic is the fact that unless it's done late like the Ozil deal, if Real even gets whiff that there's a potential move, Real will fly the Brinks truck over themselves. Especially if there's any truth to Barcelona lining up things to get Aguero in the next window (I believe summer).

I've actually been wondering for a while, which striker can Wenger pick up that's not cuptied that's solid, especially someone who will play back up to Giroud?

@Football__Zone Everton forward Gerard Deulofeu has a €35m release clause at Barcelona. (El Mundo Deportivo)
- Koke (Atlético de Madrid) release clause confirmed to be €24m euros. [Various]

Moyes, fly with the damn Glazers personal cheque book and close this on opening day damnnit.

I haven't even seen enough of Koke to really rate him, but surely ANYONE with experience is better than Anderson and Fellaini.

Moyes, fly with the damn Glazers personal cheque book and close this on opening day damnnit.

I haven't even seen enough of Koke to really rate him, but surely ANYONE with experience is better than Anderson and Fellaini.

Having watched Koke every week for Atleti I can confirm he is miles ahead in comparison to Fellaini, Anderson and Cleverley, He will get better aswell,

Typical Atleti would need to make one big sale every Summer but because of the strong Champions League run and current League standing they may not have to do that this Summer

(for 30 euro too)

that cheap for a Champions League game. it looks like you got pretty good seats too. No wonder they don't have a corporate atmosphere.

----------------------

Which Domestic League title is more important than winning the Champions League

nTiPg7H.gif

Last edited:
I think Suarez is the 3rd best player in the world. If it was up to me - he'd take Ribery's spot in the ballon D'or. Thats how sick this dude is :x

If he does end up joining Real Madrid man, :smh:

Leon beat America 2 - 0 last night... Will America be able to pull off a miracle in Azteca? If Leon holds on to win it will be their first title in 20+ years...

RVP missed a month, then played 90 in his first game back (Newcastle last Sat.) then gets hurt in the next game on Tuesday...

Excellent man management there, David. #MoyesIn

^ I watched the game last night, and America had more chances they could not convert.

I honestly don't see Leon winning at Aztecs. I believe the game will go to PKs to decide the winner.

Can someone explain the Mexican football league/system to me?

They crown a champion every half season. So they crown a champ in December (apertura) AND in May (clausura). Argentina does something similar.

Mexico, however, has a liguilla (aka playoffs) to determine the winner each time. I think its OD but I'm sure it generates revenue and TV $$$.

Whoa... RVP out for a month with a thigh-strain??? :nerd:

That's what happens when he plays in a deeper role, and is forced to train hard.

SAF used to let him skip some of the training and only make him play in and around the box.

Moyes had other ideas recently, and look how that paid off.

Kagawa not going anywhere in Jan, dude will be in the 10 every game now.

^ RVP had very high praise for the back room staff for keeping him healthy compared to previous years... A lot of pundits have been critical of Moyes cleaning house like he did with the back room staff. They said he should've kept some of them in an effort to help ease the transition.

In other news the DFB plan to build their own facility for the WC to house the NT & staff... :x

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1650133/germany-build-custom-world-cup-camp?cc=5901

The German Football Association (DFB) is to build its own World Cup camp in Brazil, the DFB confirmed on Friday.

The DFB had been looking for a hotel to take up quarters, but could not find the ideal place so will now create a custom base in Santo Andre, in the state Bahia.

The resort will have 13 houses for the Germany players and staff, while the camp -- dubbed ‘Campo Bahia’ -- will come with a pitch and a private media centre.

‘Campo Bahia’ is 30km away from the holiday resort Porto Seguro, and currently can only be reached by an old ferry crossing the river Joao di Tiba.

The nearest airport is some 15km away, which will make it easy for the Germany team to begin their journeys to the distant cities of Salvador, Fortaleza and Recife, where their Group G games will be played.

The multi-million project will be financed by sponsors and ready in time for the World Cup, with the DFB on Friday confirming that the 'Campo Bahia' will be ready by March 2014.

The Germany team is expected to arrive in Brazil on June 8, eight days before their first group game against Portugal in Salvador.

After the 2014 World Cup, the 'Campo Bahia' will not be abandoned but used as a sport and nature resort instead.

All nations participating at the finals have to confirm to FIFA where their camps will be by Dec. 18, 2013.

Back
Top Bottom