The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

All 4 Bundesliga sides (Bayern Munich, Dortmund, Leverkusen, & Schalke) have advanced to the round of 16 for the first time... Ze Germans :smokin

Just finished watching the Barca CL game again... Sergi Roberto had a nice game starting in place of Iniesta.

Neymar's touch with the ball reminds me just how beautiful football can be. That touch man... Just goes at & then by people...

Also saw a real difference when Tata started 3 "real" forwards up front instead of playing Cesc as a false 9 (he was out for yellow card suspension). It paid dividends.

Last edited:
Not topping the group is totally on Wenger. The team selection had 0 goals in it and we all knew dortmund would win against a sh*t Marseille side.

We played negative for 90 mins...**** off with that **** Arsene

Ozil played another full 90 (+ he had to track back a ton once Arteta got sent off), Giroud played a full 90 again and Ramsey didn't get a full rest

I'm excited to see who out of Athletico, Barca, Madrid, PSG, or Munich we get.

:smh:
Giroud was a workhorse out there, he would often be all they way back with DMs :x

I would have given Ozil a rest and played Rosicky in the 10 instead, Walcott out right.

Didn't get to see the game. But was on twitter when I had some free time at work, a lot of fans were begging for Walcott to be brought on. He was missed on the counter. But to start Arteta and Flamini, when I saw the line up, I knew we would be doing a lot of sitting back

Something for Man U fans & Gooners... UK network ITV broadcast this doc/interview with ex Red Devil Roy Keane & Gunner Patrick Vieira a couple of days ago. I put it in spoiler mode because there are 5 parts.

There are few players I dislike but Keane is one of them. :lol: He looks like he wants to reach across & choke or hit Vieira at times...

Henry was doing analysis with Neville, and Redknapp. I'm posting what I can find. Better videos should be up tomorrow.

BbPJr6jIIAAugmQ.jpg

Last edited:
When is the draw?

Monday in Nyon,Switzerland.

so from what i understand...
the basics of the draw states that no side can meet a team from their own group or their own association(same league),with the top seeded teams(group leaders) playing the second leg of their last 16 tie at home...

that means Man Utd's possible opponents will be one of these teams:
AC Milan
Galatasaray
FC Zenit St Petersburg
FC Schalke 04
Olympiacos Piraeus

United fans,thoughts?

Monday in Nyon,Switzerland.

so from what i understand...
the basics of the draw states that no side can meet a team from their own group or their own association(same league),with the top seeded teams(group leaders) playing the second leg of their last 16 tie at home...

that means Man Utd's possible opponents will be one of these teams:
AC Milan
Galatasaray
FC Zenit St Petersburg
FC Schalke 04
Olympiacos Piraeus

United fans,thoughts?

Seems like we got luck but knowing United, all those teams except Zenit can beat us.

My prediction, we will get Schalke.

Seems like we got luck but knowing United, all those teams except Zenit can beat us.

My prediction, we will get Schalke.

i got a sneaky feeling they'll get Gala...
a couple of interesting subplots there - Drogba,Sneijder and of course the older fans won't forget Cantona and Co's Trip To Hell back in 1993...

Just read that Neymar is the first and only player in HISTORY to have a hat trick both the Copa Libertadores and in the Champions League :x

:lol:

Don't think it was mentioned but Barca plan to expand Camp Nou or build a new stadium.

REPORT: NYCFC CLOSE TO LANDING $400 MILLION STADIUM IN BRONX
Posted on December 11, 2013 by Franco Panizo
New York City FC

By FRANCO PANIZO

New York City FC have their head coach, and soon they could have the location for their soccer-specific stadium.

On the same night that Jason Kreis was officially announced as NYCFC’s first head coach, a report from the New York Post surfaced Tuesday that said the club was close to finalizing a deal for a 28,000-seat stadium in the Bronx just south of Yankee Stadium. The stadium is expected to cost $400 million, will be located in what is now an empty lot between the Major Deegan and East 153rd Street and is expected to open in 2018 or 2019.

While NYCFC is close to inking a deal, it still has to work out some more details with GAL Manufacturing, an elevator parts company. The deal will also include the not-for-profit Bronx Parking Development Company.

It is also reported that the expansion side will spend the first few years of its existence playing at Yankee Stadium.

The club will not move forward with the deal for the Bronx stadium without mayor-elect Bill de Blasio’s blessing and he has reportedly not yet reviewed the deal. NYCFC is expected to make pilot payments through a 35-year deal and guarantee bondholders revenues from suite sales, naming rights and more.

Under the proposed plan, NYCFC will fund construction of the stadium with city-backed tax exempt bonds and another report claims that New York City will give the club a 99-year lease.

New York City FC, who just appointed Jason Kreis as their first head coach, will begin play in MLS in 2015.

—–

What do you think of this reported deal to put a stadium in the Bronx? Like the location? Happy to know NYCFC will begin its play at Yankee Stadium?

Yup, I read Barca wants an indoor 105,000 capacity stadium. I'm intrigued by what they said in terms of architecture. It sounds like they want to do a modern interpretation of great Spanish - Catalan architecture...

The cost of renovating Camp Nou are estimated at €300 million ($413.5 million) & building a new stadium is estimated to cost €300 million ($413.5 million). It would also include a 12,000 person indoor stadium for their basketball, futsal, & handball teams.

They expect to the project to take 3 years to build. The club debt is at apprx €335 million ($407 million) but the board said they can pay for the new project.

Sad to think Camp Nou may be no more.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom