The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Prince Boateng (Ghana) vs Jerome Boateng (Germany).
I thought KPB retired, he doesn't play for Ghana anymore?....guess not
What.... He plays for Ghana still
laugh.gif

He did retire in 2011 but came back this yr I think for them
Ah my mistake. Was he trying to switch back to Germany?

My prediction for the "group of death"

1st Germany

2nd USA

CR7 is a beast, but Portugal as a team are not very intimidating and are beatable. I havent been convinced by them in qualifying at all. The main game for the US will be against Ghana. Ghana are a legit squad and could very well take 2nd place too. 

Its very early, but i think Germany wins the WC this time around

My prediction for the "group of death"

1st Germany
2nd USA

CR7 is a beast, but Portugal as a team are not very intimidating and are beatable. I havent been convinced by them in qualifying at all. The main game for the US will be against Ghana. Ghana are a legit squad and could very well take 2nd place too. 

Its very early, but i think Germany wins the WC this time around

I hope so. This was a tough draw. But now I'm pissed off I have to wait 6 months hahaha. Can't wait until next summer!

i have a feeling mexico isnt going to make it out the group they are playing like trash right now. they gotta start playing dos santos more imo.. i love the chances argentina has in its group i think they gonna take it its about time messi wins it

i'll be so tight if we wind up with 1 or 0 points (either could realistically happen) and mexico advances to the knockout stages.

we're not gunna hear the end of that slander.

IMO the Portugal match is the one that's going to decide our fate. We have to WIN that one. I'll probably cry if we draw Ghana and beat Portugal.

Group G
Germany
Portugal
USA
Ghana

Holy.....

*Pusha T voice*

Ughhhhjkkk

Telll me about it. Just found out, and as someone who is rooting for Ghana, I AM NOT looking forward to the game against the U.S...:lol:

From what I've read, this is gonna be their best squad to date, AND they're coming in with revenge on their mind. Simply stated, not a good look for Ghana...:lol:.

And that's not even considering the behemoth known as Germany, patiently lurking in the shadows...:x

Say what you want, but I think this whole ****ttt was rigged.

Last edited:
World Cup Groups

Group A
Brazil (A1)
Croatia (A2)
Mexico (A3)
Cameroon (A4)

Group B
Spain (B1)
Netherlands (B2)
Chile (B3)
Australia (B4)

Group C
Colombia (C1)
Greece (C2)
Ivory Coast (C3)
Japan (C4)

Group D
Uruguay (D1)
Costa Rica (D2)
England (D3)
Italy (D4)

Group E
Switzerland (E1)
Ecuador (E2)
France (E3)
Honduras (E4)

Group F
Argentina (F1)
Bosnia (F2)
Iran (F3)
Nigeria (F4)

Group G
Germany (G1)
Portugal (G2)
Ghana (G3)
USA (G4)

Group H

Belgium (H1)
Algeria (H2)
Russia (H3)
South Korea (H4)

World Cup Schedule (all times US Eastern Standard)

Group A:Brazil, Croatia Mexico, Cameroon
12 June 16:00 Sao Paulo - Brazil v Croatia
13 June 12:00 Natal - Mexico v Cameroon
17 June 15:00 Fortaleza - Brazil v Mexico
18 June 15:00 Manaus - Cameroon v Croatia
23 June 16:00 Brasilia - Cameroon v Brazil
23 June 16:00 Recife - Croatia v Mexico

Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Australia, Chile
13 June 16:00 Salvador - Spain v Netherlands
13 June 18:00 Cuiaba - Australia v Chile
18 June 18:00 Rio De Janeiro - Spain v Australia
18 June 12:00 Porto Alegre - Chile v Netherlands
23 June 12:00 Curitiba - Chile v Spain
23 June 12:00 Sao Paulo - Netherlands v Australia

Group C: Colombia, Greece, Ivory Coast, Japan
4 June 12:00 Belo Horizonte - Colombia v Greece
14 June 18:00 Recife - Ivory Coast v Japan
19 June 12:00 Brasilia - Colombia v Ivory Coast
19 June 18:00 Natal - Japan v Greece
24 June 16:00 Cuiaba - Japan v Colombia
24 June 16:00 Fortaleza - Greece v Ivory Coast

Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy
14 June 15:00 Fortaleza - Uruguay v Costa Rica
14 June 21:00 Manaus - England v Italy
19 June 15:00 Sao Paulo - Uruguay v England
20 June 12:00 Recife - Italy v Costa Rica
24 June 12:00 Natal - Italy v Uruguay
24 June 12:00 Belo Horizonte - Costa Rica v England

Group E: Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Honduras
15 June 12:00 Brasilia - Switzerland v Ecuador
15 June 15:00 Porto Alegre - France v Honduras
20 June 16:00 Salvador - Switzerland v France
20 June 18:00 Curitiba - Honduras v Ecuador
25 June 16:00 Manaus - Honduras v Switzerland
25 June 16:00 Rio De Janeiro - Ecuador v France

Group F: Argentina, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria
15 June 18:00 Rio De Janeiro - Argentina v Bosnia
16 June 15:00 Curitiba - Iran v Nigeria
21 June 12:00 Belo Horizonte - Argentina v Iran
21 June 18:00 Cuiaba - Nigeria v Bosnia
25 June 12:00 Porto Alegre - Nigeria v Argentina
25 June 13:00 Salvador - Bosnia v Iran

Group G: Germany, Portugal, Ghana, United States
16 June 13:00 Salvador - Germany v Portugal
16 June 18:00 Natal - Ghana v USA
21 June 15:00 Fortaleza - Germany v Ghana
22 June 15:00 Manaus - USA v Portugal
26 June 12:00 Recife - USA v Germany
26 June 12:00 Brasilia - Portugal v Ghana

Group H: Belgium, Algeria, Russia, Korea Republic
17 June 12:00 Belo Horizonte -Belgium v Algeria
17 June 18:00 Cuiaba - Russia v Korea
22 June 18:00 Rio De Janeiro - Belgium v Russia
22 June 12:00 Porto Alegre - Korea v Algeria
26 June 16:00 Sao Paulo - Korea v Belgium
26 June 16:00 Curitiba - Algeria v Russia

Adding this.

View media item 682450

Last edited:
Curious to hear your impressions of Group C.

All are arguably "middle of the pack" teams that play very different styles of football from one another. I can realistically see all four teams making it out of the group stage, although Greece would seem to have the least favorable odds if I had to choose.

i have a feeling mexico isnt going to make it out the group they are playing like trash right now. they gotta start playing dos santos more imo.. i love the chances argentina has in its group i think they gonna take it its about time messi wins it
Eh, different coach, different squad. Mexico can make it out if they out their heart into it. The new coach can motivate the players. Croatia isn't performing at their level either, but they are not to be discarded as an easy opponent either. All the teams in group A, except for Brazil, will be fighting for a spot out the group. I'd say they're pretty leveled. Either way brazil and Mexico will be the best match on that group IMO. It's not a one sided match since they've both had wins against each other. Can't wait.

Ill be rooting for the USA to make it out of the group stages. They can capitalize on mistakes, but have to be alert and play it right stall times against Ghana. Iklinnsman vs Germany too :pimp:

Damn... :rolleyes

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2013/12/06/Media/UEFA-Fox.aspx

Sources: Fox Sports Expected To Win UEFA Champions League TV Rights
By John Ourand, Staff Writer
Published December 6, 2013

Fox Sports has emerged as the likely winner of UEFA Champions League rights, according to several sources. A decision could be announced as early as today by UEFA, which was considering bids from Fox, NBC Sports Group, Univision and beIN Sport. ESPN did not submit a bid for the rights, though sources said the company would look into sublicensing some of the games from the winner. UEFA accepted bids from the networks on Tuesday. Because the first bids were much lower than the $100M per year it was expecting, UEFA completed a second round of bidding yesterday. Sources said UEFA opted to pick Fox' bid, which still fell substantially short of $100M per year. Sources said Fox' bid is significantly below the $83M per year NBC Sports pays for EPL rights. Fox, which holds the current Champions League rights, will keep the English- and Spanish-language rights as part of a three-year deal that starts in the '15-16 season. Fox plans to use the Champions League programming to help promote the FIFA World Cup, which Fox will carry in '18 and '22. Last season, the 17 Champions League games across Fox Soccer, FX and Fox averaged 334,000 viewers.

Going to buy a new TV when the good sales occur before the super bowl. TV will be "broke in" by the time the WC starts... 55" LED but not sure if I want to get a 120Hz or 240Hz TV or not...

Last edited:
^ just do the 80" they have at costco. It will be like your in Brazil LOL

I did that in 06 and bought a 65". It is Mitsu DLP (not flat) but it is 1080p so the picture is amazing. Eventhough its 7 years old it is still the best picture. Even better than my bros 55" flat samsung lcd.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom