The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I knew Barkley would be a spark plug in the 10 hole. Called that in preseason once Martinez employed him in a more advanced role.

I'll admit I lost my patience for Coutinho at Inter. He's impressed at Anfield.

I think the manager changes at Inter didn't help. Coutinho started ok when he got loaned to Espanyol. He scored like 6-7 goals but then didn't get a lot of playing time later on. Then when he got back to Inter, he got injured. Espanyol is where I originally noticed him...

Oh, BTW kudos to eiddyfouw for the gifs... Homey is replacing Fox Soccer whenever I need footy highlights... I'm outta reps so I can mark all of the gifs you posted (kudos to SinnerP too).

:lol: I was at my son's tournament shivering my *** off checking my phone for scores & got to see highlights from this NT thread. :nthat:

Thanks.

Last edited:
Nah, nothing like that...

I felt so bad... My son got caught ball watching in the second game today which led to a score. I didn't yell at him from the side lines but told him he can't be getting caught ball watching like that with concrete feet. He felt like I had publicly humiliated him... I felt so bad... :\ :smh: We talked about it afterwards. I don't want to be one of "those" fathers.

He does inspire me to try & be though...

Tomorrow's game is 8AM ET... It's going to be 29°F tomorrow morning & windy... Ain't looking forward to that... :smh:

Last edited:
Real talk, I did the same for my younger brothers. Went to every game their senior year. County and state tournament games included.

I imagine I was overly supportive and perhaps overbearing. But I wouldn't trade it or take it back for the world. Some of my best memories. And I miss it every day.

Yeah, I told him that when he steps out onto the pitch, you have to dig down & play your best, give it your all. I told him how it's the blue print for everything you do in life. Work hard & do your best at all times. Even when you fail, you have to get right back up & try harder. The worse thing is just not putting in the effort you should. Hopefully he understands. He has some talent & ability though. He's doing really well in school...

For any La Liga fans, tomorrow is the The Seville derby Sevilla vs Real Betis. Always a tough game. Very entertaining last year.

I enjoyed seeing Tata playing those youngsters. I was hoping Dongou would have came on.

The derby today was a great match. Deulofeu is a problem, unlucky to not get a goal

Speaking of Betis, Joel Campbell is having a great loan spell so far in Greece(he was loaned to Betis last season). I'll post a vid or two later

Last edited:
PSK: Don't forget to TiVo City/Spurs. Pretty much the same time as your son's game. Good way to warm up after the bitter cold. Hot chocolate and football tactics/strategy.

M'Vila scared off potential suitors with reported attitude problems and issues with the French NT.

Yup, Arsenal were interested more than once I believe.

But he's a bit of a knucklehead.

I don't recall how close were actually were to signing him but his attitude problems were the obvious deal breaker. He's a fool. It looks like he is finally getting pt in Russia this season. I know last season, once it ended it checked the club site and it said that he has 0 appearances. There was no news on an injury. Hopefully things work out, he has the talent. He's friends with Sakho

Looks like rumors of Henry being loaned to Arsenal are starting up again. A pic of him on the training grounds followed by the rumor, yup everything is moving along nicely

Last edited:
Speaking of young defenders Zouma is gonna have a good future. I wouldn't want to go against him and Varane. He's been linked to City as of late

The most recent compilation vid I could find of him​

Last edited:
lots of goals yesterday...need to catch up with most of them...

here's Diego Costa's goal in Atletico's 7-0 mauling of Getafe:

Moments from the weekend...

The definition of true fans...

Giroud...

IzL5SDb.gif

Neymar and Iniesta were dancin out there...

Pedro also enjoing himself out there...

I see AC Milan was having a bit of a tough time with their fans outside of the San Siro.

It seems Penotelli's formula has finally been unravelled as he had another saved this weekend.

"These players don't know what sacrifice is. They have so much money, while people like us work hard for them," a spokesperson told reporters.

"The Ultras had earlier unfurled a banner proclaiming "Let's meet by the exit you unworthy lot", prompting police to form a cordorn around the players' garage."

"Balotelli voluntered to pacify them but was stopped by security personnel, so Kaka and goalkeeper Christian Abbiati went to meet a body of 300 fans in the striker's stead."

"The pair spent three minutes in heated dialogue with the group outside the stadium grounds before being allowed back to the dressing rooms to widespread applause, with the situation apparently resolved."

:smh: it's been all downhill for a while now, I'm wondering when or how they're going to turn this season around...

:nerd:

Evil Kagawa ‏@evilkagawa 20m
YES! Moyes say Persie no play today, he injured!
Please Moyes, give to Kagawa chance play No10.
I SHALL CAUSE DEVASTATION INSIDE YOUR HOLE!

tumblr_mnvtijkGa81suqhajo1_400.gif

Watch him start chicha with Rooney behind and kag out wide :smh:

Play Rooney kag and januzaj out wide w Nani or Valencia. Bring chich in as a sub... I'm tired of us setting up so defensive minded. This is a game where you try and improve on that goal diff.

Negredo 2-0

That assist better fall on Kun.

:smh: looks like it might be called as an OG.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom