The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

@TheOffsideRules: Game in London featuring the national teams of Italy vs. Nigeria with goal-scorers from Edmond, OK and Clifton, NJ. Soccer is weird.

Word.

Speaking of African teams, are Angola or Mozambique making any improvements? I remember in 2006 Angola had a good team.

I caught some of this Nigeria game, it was fun on both ends. Crowd was going wild.

Speaking of African teams, are Angola or Mozambique making any improvements? I remember in 2006 Angola had a good team.

I caught some of this Nigeria game, it was fun on both ends. Crowd was going wild.
im also interested by this. My dad is from Angola. Haven't kept up with the NT news since the 06 WC.

Always wished I spoke Portuguese too :smh:

Basketball birds lol

Where is. Champ at, I need a prediction for the game tomorrow. He's been on a roll lately.

I like BVB firstly cause of their style of play...secondly because of how they run as a club. I WISH United were run like that club. A profitable club, who brings in youth, who has their own style of play and is competitive consistently (that's probably why they have some of the worlds best fans). [interestingly enough, there's another club in the EPL who is in a similar situation to BVB to this club and they're currently seeing the upside now]
Southampton? :nerd:

The only thing I got from that video with Chicha is "Please, Someone get me the hell out of England".

I see France scoring two goals tomorrow and going into extra time, then, who knows.

Also, the Portugal and Sweden game. I see Sweden attacking as much as they can but still being very cautious knowing that Portugal can kill them with the counter. Really wish we had scored another goal, I'm not the least bit content. I believe in our counter tho, it's important for us to play great defense like we did Friday most importantly.
If the French NT doesn't qualify :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Champ, portugal - sweden fool.

then France and Ukraine, want to see how long your streak goes.

Last edited:
Btw, France just leaked. Looks like Nike is going with the old-school crest for many clubs. Holland being the other team. Makes sense the French kit would leak since they're down on qualifying.

View media item 660003

Last edited:
Third episode just hit... I hate these little vignettes. I wish they'd do a full feature of at least 30 mins.

England Matters - Episode 3: Wayne Rooney, Jack Wilshere, Theo Walcott and Ashley Cole

I know they're at home, but does anyone see Les Bleus beating Ukraine? Not only do they have to score at least 2 goals, but they also have to keep a clean sheet... The Ukrainian team has played pretty well in their group...

It's a shame they got stuck with Spain. But that doesn't excuse them from playing like they have given the quality they have. They certainly have the players to do it and I think it can be done but as you said, Ukraine has done well. Even though I want France to make it through, if they play at the level they should be, it would make for a better WC. But at the same, Ukraine doing well and putting their heart into well make things interesting as well.

France is a mess. Rumored infighting among the players, Koscielny not being able to play due to getting a red card & being sent off, Ribery throwing a temper tantrum, continued poor form from Nasri, Abi looking really old, injuries... On paper, they have talent but they're just not getting it done. Maybe is karmic pay back for Thierry Henry's handball vs Ireland years ago... :rolleyes

Zidane could come back at the age of 40 plus right now, and I'd guarantee a 4-0 tomorrow. Get Zidane on the phone now. That dude was amazing. Still in great shape as well. Lol

At this point, I think it's all rumors (at least for now). Klopp just signed an extension. I don't think he would've extended if he had an inclination that Dortmund would implode. Plus they have a one of Europe's best youth academies coupled with a great scouting dept. They'll be fine if anything happens.

:lol: If any team were smart, they should probably look at who Dortmund will line up to replace whoever they might lose instead of the actual Dortmund target. That target will most likely be cheaper & as talented... :smokin :tongue: :lol:

Lol I've been waiting to see who theyre looking to pick to replace Lewandowski :nerd:

At this point, I think it's all rumors (at least for now). Klopp just signed an extension. I don't think he would've extended if he had an inclination that Dortmund would implode. Plus they have a one of Europe's best youth academies coupled with a great scouting dept. They'll be fine if anything happens.

:lol: If any team were smart, they should probably look at who Dortmund will line up to replace whoever they might lose instead of the actual Dortmund target. That target will most likely be cheaper & as talented... :smokin :tongue: :lol:

Lol I've been waiting to see who theyre looking to pick to replace Lewandowski :nerd:

Diego Costa apparently.

Was supposed to be Dzeko but those wages smh

Cannot see Costa @ Dortmund...

France kit is :pimp: Loving the simplicity and older badges nike has used for the kits so far, even if France don't make it, I want that kit

Coupe: I honestly do better with predictions when I feel a strong hunch. My sports intuition is very powerful. But I can't channel it at will.

If I had to guess/predict, Portugal and Ukraine advance.

Sweden will come out guns blazing. Ibra will not suffer another match without a touch in the 18. I say 1-1. Ibra and Ronnie. Potential for 2-1 Sweden result, but Portugal still advances with the away goal. Team defense key for Bento.

France has been a mess/disaster internationally in recent years and tournaments. They will move quick to erase the 2-0 deficit. Their talent is immense. Cohesion is the problem or question. I say 2-1 France. Ribery and Benzema. Ukraine advances with the away goal.

Back
Top Bottom