The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Time to earn your money, Casemiro and Illara.

Idk who you guys would consider better. I honestly know little about them but My guess is, Khadira>IIIara>Casemiro?

I'd assume that from the two Casemiro is the one who should take advantage of this open spot. even though IIIara will mostlikely get the spot?

Khedira is far and away better than the latter two because of his power and physical control in the middle of the pitch. Although he doesn't pass or switch balls quite like Alonso.

Casemiro saw considerable action in the preseason tour under Carlo, but he's raw and I wonder about his frame at times to do the dirty work.

Illara was costly, had a huge impact at Sociedad. The pressure is immense and rightfully so. RM can't afford to drop too many points along the way, with or without knocks on key players.

Khedira is far and away better than the latter two because of his power and physical control in the middle of the pitch. Although he doesn't pass or switch balls quite like Alonso.

Casemiro saw considerable action in the preseason tour under Carlo, but he's raw and I wonder about his frame at times to do the dirty work.

Illara was costly, had a huge impact at Sociedad. The pressure is immense and rightfully so. RM can't afford to drop too many points along the way, with or without knocks on key players.

So Casemiro's best shot to make his presence know would be now? As soon as Khedira is back he is the third option, no?

Khedira is out for the season, 6 months minimum. Torn ACL. FIFA owes RM $3.4M compensation.

Casemiro has decent pace, aggressive enough, work ethic. Set pieces. He's raw though, inexperienced in Spanish football.

If they keep going with the 4-3-3 and Alonso's injury isn't serious I'd expect to see Alonso-Modric -Illara in the middle with Modric slightly advanced

If Alonso's injury keeps him out for a match id expect them to go with Illara and Modric in holding roles and Isco as the slightly advanced mid, or to just go with the 4-2-3-1 and play Isco as the 10. I think Casemiros role for this season is to just serve as an insurance policy.

Illara is definitely their guy over Casemiro. They paid a massive transfer fee for him and he's Spanish. People believe he's the next Xabi Alonso (DM who was brought up in Real Sociedad's academy/1st team.)

Last edited:
Ulises Davila with the hat trick :nthat:

Sure it was in Spain's second division, but he's a product of Chivas' farm system, and he still belongs to Chelsea.

Per FIFA rules, the governing body compensates the club for every day the player misses after the first 28 for an injury suffered on international duty.

Khedira injury an opportunity for Germany to finally partner Schweinsteiger with Gundogan when he's fit. Bigger goal threat than Khedira.

only way i want javier to go is with shinji to dortmund for rues :evil:

:nerd:

"Moyes plots double swoop on Dortmund for Reus and Gundogan with flop Kagawa returning to German club as makeweight"

"Then 24-year-old has a £29.4million release clause which Moyes hopes to offset with the inclusion of Kagawa who has struggled to make an impact at Old Trafford since his move from Dortmund 18 months ago."

You can expect him to come to United for £35m :smh: (but I HIGHLY doubt that pair is coming to United)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ortmund-swap-Shinji-Kagawa.html#ixzz2kzS0Viei

Last edited:

"Moyes plots double swoop on Dortmund for Reus and Gundogan with flop Kagawa returning to German club as makeweight"

"Then 24-year-old has a £29.4million release clause which Moyes hopes to offset with the inclusion of Kagawa who has struggled to make an impact at Old Trafford since his move from Dortmund 18 months ago."

You can expect him to come to United for £35m :smh: (but I HIGHLY doubt that pair is coming to United)

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ortmund-swap-Shinji-Kagawa.html#ixzz2kzS0Viei

As much as I would love Reus at United it won't happen,

Plus I have heard talk over the weekend that Reus agent has informed Barcelona he wants to move before his release clause expires next summer

The only reason I can see Reus going to United is because it's the only world class club I can think of where he'd immediately get to start at LM. PSG could also be a good move for him.

I know it's my own speculation, but I think Reus would be a GREAT buy for anyone because in 2 or 3 years Bayern will come knocking at your door for Ribery's successor and you'll recoup your transfer fee and net a profit.

I don't see Reus going to Barca and getting stuck behind Neymar and Messi.

Last edited:

As much as I would love Reus at United it won't happen,

Plus I have heard talk over the weekend that Reus agent has informed Barcelona he wants to move before his release clause expires next summer

I don't think it will happen either. I don't see him wanting to play under Moyes is other big boys come calling. And since Woodward is an idiot who doesn't know how to make a bank transfer for a release clause, I doubt they'll get this man. I think it's all to sell papers. He would be perfect for United though. So would Gundogan, but time will tell who ends up at United..

Moyes should really focus on gundogan.. Unrealistic to think klopp would allow both him and marco to leave at same time.. Has gundogan featured this UCL yet? If not he's not cup tied come January , right? Don't get me wrong reus is one of my favorite players but I think he has too much flair to work in moyes system.. He doesn't seem to rate players who don't have defensive prowess.. Look at how both zaha and kagawa have been treated

Moyes should really focus on gundogan.. Unrealistic to think klopp would allow both him and marco to leave at same time.. Has gundogan featured this UCL yet? If not he's not cup tied come January , right? Don't get me wrong reus is one of my favorite players but I think he has too much flair to work in moyes system.. He doesn't seem to rate players who don't have defensive prowess.. Look at how both zaha and kagawa have been treated

Fully agreed. He's exactly the kind of player United need right now.

@AFCAcademy: Microsoft have pulled out of renaming the Bernabeu and any deal with Real Madrid

Thank God.

Eden Hazard admitted after the Sunday training Neerpede (without Marc Wilmots) an exceptional interview to Sport Weekend. The Chelsea player giving his opinion on his own game, coach Marc Wilmots, the presence of Jose Mourinho against Colombia, the ambition of the Red Devils and what the future is for Kevin De Bruyne. "If he does not play, it is better for him to leave," said Hazard.
"Playing a World Cup after having not played for a year, which is very difficult," says Hazard on De Bruyne. 'Departures and play forward, that would be good for him and for the team. If we want to get the best from Kevin upwards it is better that he leaves. But he's a big boy. He must make his own choices. "

Hazard was initially not easy for the Red Devils, but that's the past. "The last matches I showed. The real Eden Hazard A guy who dribbles, who teaches something in attack. I need some decisive but that will come. " Coach Marc Wilmots played an important role in the development of Hazard in the national team. "Marc is someone who listens and he sets me at ease. He saw that I had a hard time but found the right words. He knew what he had to say to me. Because we have good agreement with each other, can I give him back on the field. "

"From no fear '

Thursday against Colombia was Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho in the stands. A surprise and a distraction that was not. "I knew he was coming by the journalists," said Hazard. "But that's not important. Some said I played well because he was there. That has nothing to do with it. Whether he is or not, I play my game. "

The Red Devils draw next summer to Brazil. What should be their ambition at the World Cup? "The first aim must be to survive the first round because we still do not know. The draw But we should be afraid of anyone because we have a very good team. We have no one who has already played. Tournament such The people might expect too much from Belgium. They see us right in the final. We can not dream. If we survive the first round, the quarterfinals are already a good result. Then we have to keep working, "Hazard decision.

Read more about World Chelsea Belgium Group A - Caps Premier League - Foreign

Look how sahin was dealt with at madrid.. And half of Dortmund would join them instantly. Can't base one players treatment/experience on how the club will treat everyone.. Don't forget kagawa was signed by saf, not moyes... Anyone signed under moyes would logically be given a lot of playing time..

I don't think that's an accurate comparison. Sahin pretty much struggled from the moment he stepped onto the pitch at the Bernabeu. He pretty much disappeared after problems with injury & recovery & things never picked up after his move to the Prem.

Even though he spent most of his time playing out of position, Kagawa has played ok, even showed flashes of great play (which included a hat trick last season if memory serves me correct).

Sahin never showed any of that during his stops in La Liga & The Prem.

I just don't see any Dortmund players wanting to come to play for Moyes especially after looking at the way they play tactically. It's elementary level football really.

Back
Top Bottom