The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Sweden worries me and not just because of Ibra.

They've shown resolve in past qualifiers. Never say die attitude. Penchant for reversing aggregate scores.

:rofl: at Bendtner

I know the story is in Spanish, but it's quite comical. Bendtner says he's sure that his next team will either be Barcelona or Real Madrid and that it will happen in the next available transfer window LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

http://www.marca.com/2013/11/18/futbol/futbol_internacional/1384774319.html

Nicklas Bendtner, delantero del Arsenal ha señalado a un medio danés que su próximo destino será Real Madrid o Barcelona, probablemente en el mercado invernal, ya que no aguanta su rol de suplente en el equipo donde el titular es el francés Oliver Giroud.

"Mi próximo destino será el Real Madrid o el Barcelona, ​​cuando se vuelva a abrir el mercado de traspasos en enero"

El punta danés tan solo ha jugado siete partidos oficiales este año, y no quiere seguir viendo el fútbol desde el banquillo. Ha declarado que no le importa el dinero, que tan solo quiere jugar al fútbol, eso sí, no en cualquier equipo de segunda línea europea.

"El deporte es lo más importante. No me muevo por dinero. Por eso quiero encontrar un nuevo club, donde pueda ser feliz jugando. Un equipo donde pueda marcar goles y ganar algo. No quiero sentarme en el banquillo mirando . Me encanta jugar. ¿Mi próximo destino? Real Madrid o Barcelona"

dude sweden tied Germany 4-4 on their first match.

I agree that they are gonna come out guns blazing, no way they go out without a bang if they can't get that win, and at home too.

Thats that match of the day for me.

I'm not watching mexico vs NZ

that **** gay

There were two other memorable games Sweden rallied back to win in qualifiers history. Can't recall the exact score line or opponent.

Point being the Swedes are dangerous because they don't quit. But the WC needs CR7's star power and drawing power. Portugal has too much pride and like I said, won't lose on aggregate. Team defense. Pepe and Coentrao match fit just in time. Catch Sweden on the counter for a valuable away goal. They (Sweden) need 3 goals after that to advance/win.

He also tried getting free pizza while intoxicated. Yet no one recognized him or cared who he was.

The guy is a clown, he has been caught taking a 'leak' in the street numerous times aswell

Last edited:
Y'all sen the interview where Zlatan calls himself god? LULZ :smokin
zatlan being zatlan.

The funny thing abou zatlan is that he talks of grandiose actions in the football world, but he can actually back them up with is ways of scoring, or just being able to put them behind the net.

Thats a man with a strong sense of self.

Talking of Zlatan, Has anyone seen this video where he explains how he was playing on Xbox live and ended up becoming best friends with a random gamer he was against? :lol:

France is a mess. Rumored infighting among the players, Koscielny not being able to play due to getting a red card & being sent off, Ribery throwing a temper tantrum, continued poor form from Nasri, Abi looking really old, injuries... On paper, they have talent but they're just not getting it done. Maybe is karmic pay back for Thierry Henry's handball vs Ireland years ago... :rolleyes

Zidane could come back at the age of 40 plus right now, and I'd guarantee a 4-0 tomorrow. Get Zidane on the phone now. That dude was amazing. Still in great shape as well. Lol

Its been nothing but internal issues since the last WC and some years before that. It's shameful. Might as well use most of the U21 squad. But maybe you're right and it is karma. Its funny that you say that about Zidane, because its true, I was thinking about that at work yesterday :lol: But it is clear what he brought to the team. They need a leader. But I don't see him coming back as a coach of sorts, I mean it is possible but I don't see it.

As mentioned before, Reus would flourish at Arsenal. Would love to see that happen. But unfortunately we have more important issues to be addressed. We are linkedto a winger in Serie A, his name escapes me but the same goes for him. I do think we will buy another German player in the winter, a defensive one.

I can't see Diego going to Dortmund after professing his love for Spain. He seems to love playing at Atletico Madrid & for Simeone who seems to give him a long leash. I don't think his act would fly for other teams.

I've read somewhere Dortmund were looking at Schalke striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar but they're a bitter rival & I think he just signed an extension. They're also supposedly interested in Christian Benteke & Leandro Damiao who might be ripe for a move to Europe from Campeonato Brasileiro....

France... Ribery, Ballon d'Or indeed :rolleyes ... Let's see how they do at home without Koscielny. The French press is reporting Varane's knee is hurting again but Deschamps isn't talking much about it. Varane had surgery last May on his exterior meniscus...

Last edited:
If Diego Costa leaves I wouldn't rule out Barcelona as his destination,
They are looking for a 'big' - A plan B if you would, A bit like they had with IBRA, and Costa would be that guy. A great striker

I would be shocked if the folks at Camp Nou had any interest in Diego. Absolutely shocked. Again, his shtick wouldn't fly there.

If the rumors of Barca/Tata looking for a striker are indeed true I think Barca would target Llorente or perhaps even Messi's compatriot Aguero (that is if they can afford him). Tata may even pull someone from South America like Leandro Damiao...

Edit - If anyone has really watched La Liga, they'd understand what I'm talking about when I say Diego's "shtick". He does a masterful job of inciting opposing players to want to fight him (getting under their skin) & then just walks away like he did nothing. Then refs throw cards at the opposing players...

Last edited:
All times Eastern Standard US...

Tuesday, November 19
Egypt vs Ghana (World Cup playoff match, 2nd leg), 11am, beIN SPORT, beIN SPORT Espanol and DishWorld

Algeria vs Burkina Faso (World Cup playoff match, 2nd leg), 1:15pm, beIN SPORT, beIN SPORT Espanol and DishWorld

Romania vs Greece (World Cup playoff match, 2nd leg), 2pm, WatchESPN.com

South Africa vs Spain (friendly), 2pm, WatchESPN.com

Croatia vs Iceland (World Cup playoff match, 2nd leg), 2:15pm, ESPN3.com

Netherlands vs Colombia (friendly), 2:30pm, ESPN3.com

Sweden vs Portugal (World Cup playoff match, 2nd leg), 2:45pm, ESPN2, ESPN Deportes and WatchESPN.com

Austria vs USA (friendly), 2:45pm, NBCSN

England vs Germany (friendly), 3pm, FOX Sports 1, FOX Deportes and FOX Soccer 2GO

France vs Ukraine (World Cup playoff match, 2nd leg), 3pm, Univision Deportes and WatchESPN.com

Wednesday, November 20
New Zealand vs Mexico (World Cup playoff match, 2nd leg), 1am, ESPN, UniMas, Univision Deportes and WatchESPN.com

Uruguay vs Jordan (World Cup playoff match, 2nd leg), 6pm, beIN SPORT, beIN SPORT Espanol and DishWorld

Is it me or am I right in noticing that the Euro teams wont travel to South America for friendlies.  For the most part that is.  You'd think they'd relish at the chance for WC prep.

Diego Costa will never, ever leave Spain to go play for Dortmund. Bendtner has a better chance of starting for Real Madrid in January lol.

That story about Bendtner is hilarious. This guy truly is a nut job. But I oddly find myself rooting for him lol.

Very important Portugal does not let Sweden score in the first half. I don't think Sweden will come out "guns blazing" until the second half. There is still too much to risk only being down 1 goal and knowing how well Portugal counter.

I respectfully disagree.  I think Sweden will try and come out guns a blazing in the first half.  They're going to want to set a tone early.   

Saw this last night and i chuckled

1459076_645632255495693_1950513601_n.jpg

I can't see Diego going to Dortmund after professing his love for Spain. He seems to love playing at Atletico Madrid & for Simeone who seems to give him a long leash. I don't think his act would fly for other teams.

I've read somewhere Dortmund were looking at Schalke striker Klaas-Jan Huntelaar but they're a bitter rival & I think he just signed an extension. They're also supposedly interested in Christian Benteke & Leandro Damiao who might be ripe for a move to Europe from Campeonato Brasileiro....

France... Ribery, Ballon d'Or indeed :rolleyes ... Let's see how they do at home without Koscielny. The French press is reporting Varane's knee is hurting again but Deschamps isn't talking much about it. Varane had surgery last May on his exterior meniscus...

Damiao would be a good fit I think. I was heated when he was close to a move to Spurs last winter.

Lucho - that cartoon pretty much sums up Bendtner's soundbite about going to Barca or RM...

hoosiergunner - If Barca is serious about getting an out & out striker, I wouldn't mind seeing Damiao come to Camp Nou... :D

I respectfully disagree.  I think Sweden will try and come out guns a blazing in the first half.  They're going to want to set a tone early.   

If you're right and they come out like that, Portugal will increase there chances of scoring today. If Portugal scores first, the Swedes would need to score 3 goals to advance. I think it's too risky for the Swedes to come out and go straight for goal. It can benefit us much more if they do. We'll see.

Wearing my Eusebio jersey under my sweater at work for good luck. The damn B fell off yesterday though; hope this isn't a bad omen :lol:

Back
Top Bottom