The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Crystal Palace are also in negotiations with the former Manchester United first-team coach Rene Meulensteen as they close in on appointing a successor to Ian Holloway. (Independent)

That could be interesting...

@CentreTransfer: Manchester United are considering swapping Shinji Kagawa for Borussia Dortmund’s Marco Reus. (The Times)

That's a Win for Man U... DO IT.

Klopp would love to have Kagawa back.

But losing Reus, Lewa and Hummels all around the same time may prove too much to bear for him.

Reus would be nice, but I'd be very weary of him leaving to any club right now.

Would love Reus at United, think he would be a great marquee signing that David Moyes needs,

As much as I love Kagawa, I honestly am not sure if he is going to make it at United now, He will not keep Rooney out of the team at the Number 10 role and although he has had his good moments out wide, It is not natural for him, Plus we have Adnan coming through to play there

My friend and I wagered 20 boneless wings from Wingstop on who qualifies between Mexico and New Zealand. Here's to Mexico not qualifying :pimp:

New Zealand is at sea level and arrived to Mexico City within 40 hours of the game. The almost 18k feet in altitude will play a big difference.

that actual benefits them...

idk...i can see new zealand escaping with a 1-1 draw.

I find it laughable that the fmf has to resort to "mind games". Tells you about how confident they are. If Mexico was as good as they swear they are, they wouldn't resort to playing "mind games" against freaking New Zealand.

That All-Whites kit is 
smokin.gif

Last edited:
Fulham names Meulensteen as new first-team head coach...without firing Martin Jol. Awkward....

Last edited:
The rumor is Jol is on shaky ground at Fulham.

Since he left Man U, I wanted to see Meulensteen with a mid level club. He pretty much ran the day to day operations for the Red Devils the last several years under Sir Alex (accept for game day). I thought he got a cushy well paying job with the Qataris though. I read somewhere he's getting paid handsomely too.

Crystal Palace? Meh...

Well, yeah...that's the thing. Everybody thought Jol was gonna get fired and be replaced by Rene. This is a weird arrangement that probably still ends with Jol getting fired.

I'm not really feeling Fulham for Rene either though...

There's some decent talent for him to build with.

Plus new owner will throw in some cash over the years. It's a London club with potential great rivalries with Chelsea, and Arsenal in the near future if things go well. I think it's a good situation for him.

edit: I just had a look at Fulham's roster again. Damn. Alot of those players are a bit older. There's definitely a need for young fresh talent to arrive. Which is a great opportunity for Rene, cause he can mould young players into amazing players.

Last edited:

Plus new owner will throw in some cash over the years. It's a London club with potential great rivalries with Chelsea, and Arsenal in the near future if things go well. I think it's a good situation for him.

edit: I just had a look at Fulham's roster again. Damn. Alot of those players are a bit older. There's definitely a need for young fresh talent to arrive. Which is a great opportunity for Rene, cause he can mould young players into amazing players.

Really?!? Sidwell, Scott Parker and Kasami have played well/consistent all season but the rest of that side has looked pitiful most notably Zverotic, Taarabt, Bryan Ruiz, Darren Bent, & Berbatov.

If Khan is serious, he'll need to spend some money to bring more creativity & a more aggressive attacking nature to the midfield. Trouble is, who'd want to come there?

They've also got issues in the back line. They just have way too many issues & outside of the 3 players I mentioned, they rest of the side look like they're present to collect a check.

Really?!? Sidwell, Scott Parker and Kasami have played well/consistent all season but the rest of that side has looked pitiful most notably Zverotic, Taarabt, Bryan Ruiz, Darren Bent, & Berbatov.

If Khan is serious, he'll need to spend some money to bring more creativity & a more aggressive attacking nature to the midfield. Trouble is, who'd want to come there?

They've also got issues in the back line. They just have way too many issues & outside of the 3 players I mentioned, they rest of the side look like they're present to collect a check.

:lol:

I did write that comment, and then thought about that Fulham line up a bit more. When I said they have some talent I thought immediately of Berba, Bent, Taarabt. Names like Riise, Hangeland, Senderos and Rodellega also came to mind. But again, the issue is that all of these players are actually quite old. It slipped my mind, that I've been hearing these names for years now. Even for the talent of Rene it will be tough gettin new tricks out of these old dogs.
Which is why I then followed up by saying it's a great opportunity for Rene to bring in some youth and implement his own teachings...

So Cules & football fans that watch Barca...

With Messi's absence, would you put Neymar in the center & play Tello on the left or put Alexis Sanchez in the False 9 & keep Neymar on the left?
I think Neymar would play better centrally than Alexis would. I would bring in Tello on the left, and have Alexis/Pedro on the right. I want Tello to get some playing time.

:lol:

I did write that comment, and then thought about that Fulham line up a bit more. When I said they have some talent I thought immediately of Berba, Bent, Taarabt. Names like Riise, Hangeland, Senderos and Rodellega also came to mind. But again, the issue is that all of these players are actually quite old. It slipped my mind, that I've been hearing these names for years now. Even for the talent of Rene it will be tough gettin new tricks out of these old dogs.
Which is why I then followed up by saying it's a great opportunity for Rene to bring in some youth and implement his own teachings...

It will be interesting to see what Khan does & what type of impact Rene will have. I'm rooting for Rene but I think he stepped into a bad situation that won't work out for him.

I think Neymar would play better centrally than Alexis would. I would bring in Tello on the left, and have Alexis/Pedro on the right. I want Tello to get some playing time.

It will be interesting to see what side Tata lines up. Messi's injury will provide an opportunity for others to play a lot more. Hope this means some of the younger guys like Tello & Sergi get to plat more.

Lil' PSK is the next Lio.

Naaa, my son can play but he's not a prodigy. I wish this type of happiness for everyone though, watching your kid play (& play well) is such a great feeling. My wife & I love watching him play and even watching him at practice.

Back
Top Bottom