The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

In the last week we played Liverpoo, BVB and United. We conceded only one goal. Pretty damn good. Maybe if Per was fit it wouldnt have happened. But TV5 did good today which im glad of. Our defense has been good. We were rather flat up top today. We certainly missed Rosicky. We had no natural width so we had to rely on our fullbacks. Chances were limited but theones we had, one too many were blown. Ozil was quite and Rambo is hardly evergood out of position. As much as Giroud has improved, doing a lot to win the ball, he wasn't the clinical finisher we needed. **** Bendter, he talked all that **** in the media but we were ready to sell him. He turned down offers because of wages and etc. Your fault buddy. Hell be gone next window. Gnabry starts ahead of him for me. Sanogo as well. We need this break. Hopefully some players will return before our next match

Soccer chicks :pimp:
Psk, that's unfortunate :lol: but I'm gonna watch regardless.
Messi bother his hammy again?

Last edited:
Juve might not be ish in the CL as of late but they can run ish in Seria A when they want...

Last edited:
sick.gif

9gppaI1.gif

In addition to the one that scored the fourth goal, I forget her name....but there are two or so other Americans at Bayern

Do you guys think. Barcelona are good enough to win la Liga without Messi for an extended period of time?

Last edited:
I think a draw today would have been the fair result, but United took their best chance and converted it, fair play to them. Hopefully we will be full strength for the return fixture. Today was the first time I think we really missed Walcott, his speed would have helped push back United's defense, we'll need him and Podolski against City and Chelsea.

Do you guys think. Barcelona are good enough to win la Liga without Messi for an extended period of time?

As long as they have Neymar and Tello yes.

Yes, Barca can win La Liga without Messi but it will be a 3 way fight between a surging RM (which I knew would happen), Simeone's Atleti side, & Barca.

A large part of this campaign's success is due to Tata's arrival. Barca is playing a more direct style when the opportunity presents itself & Tata has seemed to instill confidence in players like Cesc, Alexis, Pedro, & Bartra. Their play is reflecting as such. Alex Song is playing well also.

Despite his keen rotation policy, there are a few questionable moves though... Iniesta continues to sit at critical times & he hasn't played a full 90 mins so far this campaign. I'd also like to see Tello & Sergi Roberto play more.

I'd also like to see Bartra play more. I've really liked what I've seen so far this campaign from him especially today. He plays with a certain fire that you want in a player. He even gets a little angry out there on the pitch but not in a destructive way.

I am a little worried about Messi & his lingering thigh/hamstring issues. There were rumors of Pep making Messi adhere to a strict physical regimen & when Pep left it fell by the wayside.

To be honest, for someone whose one oft the world's top athletes, he's not in the type of shape one would come to expect. Yes his body type if different than most especially since he's shorter than most players.

Neymar continues to impress. Not only is he continuing to attack & pass well, but he's starting to find the back of the net. He & Cesc seem to be building a solid partnership. That's been a huge key in Barca's success so far...

Yea, I think Barca can still win without Messi. They're just to disciplined of a team. Especially now that Neymar is coming along.

Neymar has toned the diving down a lot, but his reputation has already hurt him too much. Dude gets clobbered every game with barely any calls!

Valdes has been a god this season

He's not only a big reason for Barca's success this campaign but also the score not being higher today against Betis. Would've been a clean sheet today had it not been the silly foul by Alves.

Neymar has toned the diving down a lot, but his reputation has already hurt him too much. Dude gets clobbered every game with barely any calls!

It has toned down a great deal but he had a dive today that was awful. He also needs to learn the refs in La Liga don't pay so he needs to stop talking to them in a demonstrative way or he'll get carded.

Toned down the diving? Lol

Did you see that dive today? It was pitiful for such a great talent.

I just don't understand why he does that. That's something the Brits beat in any ther European league at, honesty (except Ashley Young of course)

He doesn't deserve those calls yet until it's really, really toned down.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom