The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

PSG confirm 200M/year (!!!) sponsorship deal with the Qatar Tourism Board.

Or, "How I told UEFA to shove FFP up their collective *****."

incredulous.gif

This is just beyond ridiculous now.

Because they're Brasilian.

Because Brasil has 5 stars on top of there badge.

Should I keep going?

Please do....

Because CBF both LOVES Diego Costa and files legal suits against him for both his citizenship and his career out of spite

Because if you have dual citizenship, you either play for Brasil or you dont play at all.

Because deep down, you are absolutely proud to be a part of all of that pressure

If Costa had Spanish parents or something like that I would understand it. But if he isn't of Spanish decent, and wasnt born there......or even raised since he was a child there.....it doesn't make sense to me why he plays for Spain. But then again, this isn't Zlatan or RVP we are talking about, its Diego Costa. Its not a huge deal

Diego hasn't had the long career in the spot light like Ibra or RVP, but I'd put him as one of the top 10 strikers so far this season. You could even argue prior to Ibra's 4 goal performance a week or 2 back that Diego was the top striker.

He's as a complete striker that you will find. The only knock I can think on his game as he can't jump that high... That's it.

He's a rock solid 6'2" striker that can score a variety of different ways using finesse or power.

He's the living embodiment of Simeone's Atleti side.

I remember watching him last campaign against Betis. He got them so riled up, it seemed like the whole team was out to get him. He makes RM's Pepe look like a sweet/innocent choir boy. He's a master at getting in the heads of opposing players. Could probably teach a class on how to get yellow cards drawn for opposing players.

I'm not sure he has any friends in La Liga outside of his Atleti team mates... :lol: & they might not even like him off the pitch... :lol:

I'm very interested to see how he does with del Bosque's La Roja side...

Also glad to see Kloop will being staying at Dortmund until '18...

Last edited:
If your called to represent Brasil as a footballer, it's one of the most proudest dignifying moments of your career. Millions of Brasilians playing football dream to wear that yellow shirt. They take the National team religiously over there.

So yea, those are pretty much some of the reasons why any Brasilian would want to represent there country in a World Cup. Any CBF petition, anything Scolari says, etc doesn't matter. What matters is that shirt they dream of since little boys.

Yeah, but Scolari should've come to him a lot sooner, a lot sooner. I get the impression no one from Scolari or the CBF has even spoken to Diego yet like they just knew he was going to come to them.

I just find it maddening he didn't get a call up a while ago when all of the fowards/strikers weren't playing well (prior to the Confed Cup). It's beyond stupid...

I see Micah Richards out there...

Good to see him back in match fitness. He was a beast at one point raging down the line...

And I've just realized that Jovetic actually IS alive and plays for Citeh.

I'm sure this is the first time i've ever seen him in a Citeh jersey.

Yeah, but Scolari should've come to him a lot sooner, a lot sooner. I get the impression no one from Scolari or the CBF has even spoken to Diego yet like they just knew he was going to come to them.

I just find it maddening he didn't get a call up a while ago when all of the fowards/strikers weren't playing well (prior to the Confed Cup). It's beyond stupid...

Argentinian press has been demanding that a lot of their younger players get called up sooner because a lot of them end up playing for other countries. ****, Mexico might end up playing 4 different Argentinians this year alone. Atleast with Mexico, they've all been in Mexico for atleast 5 years, have Mexican wives and/or have Mexican children.

Italy has used several Argentinians. When camoranessi played for Italy, Argentinian press lamented that he wasn't playing for them. But he came and went through Argentina without ever having a possibility to play for them. A lot of people forget or don't remember how he played in Mexico and got there without any notoriety. Same case with Ignacio Scocco. Played in Mexico had decent tournaments and left to Greece. Went back to Newell's and while everybody was praising the returns of Heinze and Maxi, Nacho was the CLEAR star of the team. Everybody down there wants him on the Argentinian side. He could've easily played for Mexico.

Everybody in Argentina has this weird way of thinking about Mexico. Once they get there, they fall in love with the culture, people, hospitality, and more importantly, the money. Sabella has been calling Monterrey's CB consistently and has played great for them. First time he called him they didn't want him, and now everybody is penciling him in the final 23 man squad. And that dude also holds dual citenzenship with Mexico and Argentina.

Can't blame players who never had their opportunities in their birth countries, and choose another country that they actually have ties to...

Good to see him back in match fitness. He was a beast at one point raging down the line...

Has he played at all this season?

Was so against that transfer, made no sense if they weren't at least getting rid of Dzeko.

Now the dude is just rotting on the bench. :smh:

Has he played at all this season?

Was so against that transfer, made no sense if they weren't at least getting rid of Dzeko.

Now the dude is just rotting on the bench. :smh:

If he's lucky he might have had a game or two, but truth be told, I haven't seen him at all really.

I don't get why players go to these clubs. Yes you get paid more, but the bucks only REALLY flow when you're actually PLAYING and you're a star...

If your called to represent Brasil as a footballer, it's one of the most proudest dignifying moments of your career. Millions of Brasilians playing football dream to wear that yellow shirt. They take the National team religiously over there.

So yea, those are pretty much some of the reasons why any Brasilian would want to represent there country in a World Cup. Any CBF petition, anything Scolari says, etc doesn't matter. What matters is that shirt they dream of since little boys.

I initially said, in Diego Costa's current predicament. Clearly he did not dream about wearing that shirt when he was a little boy, otherwise he would not have chosen Spain. That is who I am referring to, not the Neymar's and Bernard's who have no allegiance conflicts, but instead those 'religious' ties to Brasil. You romanticize Brasil as though it's impossible for kids to dream of playing elsewhere, and in Diego Costa's case, Spain is not necessarily a fall from grace either in this day and age.

Also, you cannot just sweep the CBF petition and citizenship under the rug like it doesn't matter :lol:. The CBF is going out of its way to disrupt Costa's decision/life after the fact. Yet he was supposed to feel proud to prance around in this 'sacred' yellow shirt and feel honored to be a part of the same association that would close the door on him to an entire country if he pissed them off. Get outta hear with that garbarge.

Yea I don't get it either, but I really don't get why Man City paid that amount of money to get him in the first place when they surely didn't need him.

City really just don't care.

Yea I don't get it either, but I really don't get why Man City paid that amount of money to get him in the first place when they surely didn't need him.

City really just don't care.

Probably just bought him to guarantee Arsenal wouldn't get him...

You'd think players like Adam Johnson and Scott Sinclair would be a warning of things to come...

Uh Oh, Gareth Bale with the screamer in the top left corner. Good goal.

Play was all set up by Isco (who should have played saturday).

this whole nationalism is such ********. Diego acosta can play wherever he feels he needs to play at. DURR DURR but his homeland!! oh noez! WHAT ARE WE GONNA DO?! Surely the end of the world is around the corner.

If vela decided to play for Spain, I personally wouldn't even care, so with Diego is the same. He feels Spain has represented his interest and well being more than Brazil? He feels he wants to play for them instead? Sure why not? People really blow **** out of proportion with their ideologies of where someone should belong. Short minded fools, it's about his existence, NOT YOURS or MINE. This whole thing is beyong petty. Fellow humans are out there starving and people wanna worry abot Diego not playing for Brazil. lelelelelelelelelel. I'm telling you, this whole association to something bigger than yourself :smh:

Back
Top Bottom