The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Anyone buy Sir Alex's Biography yet? so much feelings hurt in this book.

ON BECKHAM:

" Sir Alex Ferguson believes David Beckham chose fame rather than fulfilling his potential to become a legend at Manchester United.

In a damning assessment on Beckham’s departure from the club, Ferguson refuses to be repentant about kicking a boot at the player’s head and claims he thought he was bigger than his manager.

Despite referring to Beckham as ‘like a son’, Ferguson says he ‘surrendered’ football by moving to Los Angeles in 2007 and ‘made it his mission to be known outside the game’.

"In an example of what was seen as his player’s rising focus on fame, Ferguson explains how he became incandescent when Beckham wore a beanie hat to training for two days to conceal a new haircut from the media.

The plan was to reveal a striking shaven head just before kick-off in a game against Leicester for maximum exposure."

ON RONALDO

Ferguson describes Ronaldo as the ‘most gifted player I managed’ and says the only players who came close were Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs. ‘He surpassed all the other great ones I managed at United.’

And he writes of the haste with which they signed him after a friendly against Sporting Lisbon in 2003. He says the then 17-year-old gave John O’Shea a ‘migraine’ and sent the club kit man to get chief executive Peter Kenyon from the stands at half-time, telling him: ‘We’re not leaving this ground until we’ve got that boy signed.’ :smokin

Last edited:
Why is the Madrid game so damn late over there? It's 10:53 PM local time

@SinnerP go back to sleep man, it's way too damn early in HK
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 I was struggling through the 1st half... didn't watch the 2nd... *checks scores*... 
eyes.gif

x1000.jpg

1000x.jpg

Last edited:
Dammit, forgot El Tri was playing tonight.... Fuuuuudge...

How'd they look?

Won 4-2. Finland didn't do nothing. Score should've been more like 7-1. They looked decent. No disrespect, but the team that Finland showed up with was :smh:

Who do you guys think, as it stands right now, are in the running for the BPL title?

ManU & City I do not believe have the team to do it. City can have all the money in the world, but money doesn't buy a team that works well together.

Chelsea is up in the air right now. I'm sure Mourinho will pull something that will make them contenders.

But for me, it'll be between Liverpool & Aresenal. Ozil brought the spark back to the Gunners. Even if he isn't doing amazing there, the team itself has done a complete 180 this season. Liverpool is just class. As much as I hate Suarez as a person, he is a brilliant player. And Sturridge is on fire. I've loved the kid ever since he debuted for Chelsea and I believe that selling him was one of their biggest mistakes.

Someone pull up that Ronaldo salute gif.

Real played well yesterday (obviously), all of there goals came thru counters tho. I'd like to see them score the ball more from regular play more often so they become more balanced but it was entertaining as hell.

At the other end, There defense has been bad this season and I don't know why. They need more discipline in the back like that year Mourinho led them to win the La Liga. Maybe it'll come along.

Ronaldo with the salute :lol: :rofl: well played cristiano....well played

Bale will forever be over rated based on his transfer fee and salary......no one can live up to that ever....but dude is a phenomenal talent

Alex Morgan & Sydney Leroux's Halloween costume as Miley & Robin Thicke...

Speaking of USNT, Julian Green isn't going to train with the NT... I didn't think he would. Despite the depth of the German NT, I think he can make the squad & contribute soon. He's scored 15 goals in 15 games for BM reserve team. Kid is tearing it up... Pep really likes this kid & won't hesitate to call him up to the first team when he feels he's ready. Unlike other managers, Pep will play youngsters without hesitation...

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...-prospect-julian-green-will-not-attend-novemb

View media item 636376

Last edited:
Won 4-2. Finland didn't do nothing. Score should've been more like 7-1. They looked decent. No disrespect, but the team that Finland showed up with was :smh:
they didn't nothing but score two goals?

Both Defensive defects on the MX team, but they looked wayyyyy better than the previous matches, but that could also be an overstatement seeing how it was Finland they were playing. Whatevs, I'll see how everything turns out. The team looks alright, but it doesn't look like a WC threat as of now, maybe that'll change if they qualify. I mean, look at MX at the olympics :rolleyes, I know I wasn't expecting that lol.

Back
Top Bottom