The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Don't mind me if I happen to be late but I just read that Mexico doesn't plan on using any of the Mexicans playing in Europe in the upcoming WCQ matches?

What? :lol:

Don't mind me if I happen to be late but I just read that Mexico doesn't plan on using any of the Mexicans playing in Europe in the upcoming WCQ matches?

What? :lol:

As I was watching the mexico game last night (caught the last 10 mins or so on ESPN 2) the announcers seemed to be alluding to this, but that they 'd use ONLY 2 European based players, Chicha and some dude at Porto (don't think it was Herrera though)...

I'm curious if he thinks this will be a positive, as many Euro based Mexicans have been playing well of late from what they were saying...

You're talking about Reyes, CB for Porto. He's barely played. This is what I just read tho - they don't even plan on using Chicha. No one who plays overseas.

El Tri is unlikely to recall Manchester United striker Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez, Villarreal forward Giovani dos Santos or any other Mexican player active in Europe for Mexico's crucial intercontinental World Cup qualifying playoff matches Nov. 13 and 20.

El Tri coach Miguel Herrera said he will not likely recall Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez for the matches vs. New Zealand.
"It is not that they are bad, they are very good players, but the trip is very taxing and arriving on (Nov.) 7, 8 or 9 to play on the 13th, they won’t finish adapting to the situation that we are looking for," coach Miguel "El Piojo" Herrera said Wednesday following a 4-2 win over Finland in San Diego. "That is what has us practically decided against bringing anyone (from Europe)."

The leagues in Europe were already scheduled to be on break for these FIFA days of the international calendar for the Europe playoffs. However, Herrera said his main reason against a recall would be the travel involved. The first leg of the playoff is at Estadio Azteca followed by the trip to New Zealand.

"I am very satisfied with these 22 players that I have at this moment," Herrera said, adding that he is also factoring out Diego Reyes for his lack of playing time and fitness. "They have told us that (Diego would not be available) until (Nov.) 7, 8 or 9 the same (as the others) so that idea that we could get him to recover his football form in time goes up in smoke."

Herrera submits his roster Thursday.

El Tri has qualified for five straight World Cups, last missing out in 1990, when the team was banned from qualifying for using ineligible players in a junior tournament. The last time Mexico participated in qualifying and did not reach the World Cup was 1982.

Last edited:
I think Herrera thinks that the players base in Mexico are good enough to beat New Zealand. I AGREE. Mexico should have never been in this situation in the first place. DAMN SHAME.

Gio, Chicha, Vela, Herrera, Aquino, Moreno, Guardado are all finally playing significant minutes. Some are in great form with their clubs, but Piojo feels like a lot of us Mexicans when it comes to their performance with the NT.

The only players there that I think he will call are Gio and Moreno. The last couple of days have made me doubt that. Gio made some comments that came out of context and Piojo did not agree with them not like them. Moreno is coming off an injury too. We'll see...

I think Mexico can compose a team of nothing but second division players and advance to the WC. The area we play in is wack, the players just don't take the games seriously. They think that by showing up they already have the game won. That's one of the main reasons that Herrera is thinking about not calling any of the "stars" playing in Europe.

I see so many players that are killing it in Central America, and get signed by second/third division teams in Mexico and they suck, plain and simple.

I think Mexico can compose a team of nothing but second division players and advance to the WC. The area we play in is wack, the players just don't take the games seriously. They think that by showing up they already have the game won. That's one of the main reasons that Herrera is thinking about not calling any of the "stars" playing in Europe.

I see so many players that are killing it in Central America, and get signed by second/third division teams in Mexico and they suck, plain and simple.

:lol: at players not taking games seriously because of the region. After that WC hex they shouldn't be cocky, in fact if having to play freaking New Zealand doesn't humble them then I don't know what will. Period the team, as a collective, from the coaches on down to the players weren't good enough and if it weren't for the us actually trying they'd be at home. Not because they don't take it seriously but bc they weren't that good. Stop it :lol: those same teams like Jamaica and others got draws and even victories in Azteca, which was unheard of before this campaign. It may be good for them to go with domestic guys though, bc the other ones didn't gel for whatever reason. These guys may have more heart than they did in their most recent games.

Villa looks like he just bought a pen....

Diego Costa finished that like a champ.

Last edited:
:lol: at players not taking games seriously because of the region. After that WC hex they shouldn't be cocky, in fact if having to play freaking New Zealand doesn't humble them then I don't know what will. Period the team, as a collective, from the coaches on down to the players weren't good enough and if it weren't for the us actually trying they'd be at home. Not because they don't take it seriously but bc they weren't that good. Stop it :lol: those same teams like Jamaica and others got draws and even victories in Azteca, which was unheard of before this campaign. It may be good for them to go with domestic guys though, bc the other ones didn't gel for whatever reason. These guys may have more heart than they did in their most recent games.

That's exactly what I mean tho, why call them if they're not going to bust their balls and run because they feel the opponent is inferior. Call someone who will show u and play their *** off . Some of the regulars threat call ups to the NT like a chore. It's great tot hear some of the stories from these newer players that cried like babies when they heard they got called up. Never forget, it' s an honor to wear the NT jersey.

:smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Cardiff City's new Kazakh head of recruitment has wrong visa and may have to leave the country
31 Oct 2013 16:26
The Bluebirds could be saying 'hasta la visa' to their new head of recruitment after it turns out he's only supposed to be here on an internship

By Richard Beech Comments
Cardiff City's new Kazakh head of recruitment has wrong visa and may have to leave the country
31 Oct 2013 16:26
The Bluebirds could be saying 'hasta la visa' to their new head of recruitment after it turns out he's only supposed to be here on an internship

Alisher Apsalyamov has been removed from his post as Cardiff City head of recruitment just weeks after he took up the role.

Cardiff City shocked fans last month when they sacked their head of recruitment Iain Moody in favour of a 23-year-old Kazakh who had been painting the walls of the stadium during the summer.

Alisher Apsalyamov is good friends with Bluebirds owner Vincent Tan's son, and was put in charge of bringing new players into Cardiff City.

But WalesOnline have exclusively revealed that Apsalyamov's visa only covers him to work in the UK on the basis of a 12-month internship, and that the club is working with the Home Office to ensure the youngster can stay in the country.

Though in the latest twist in an embarrassing saga for the Bluebirds, Apsalyamov has been removed from his post until the correct visa is procured.

The news comes ahead of the first South Wales derby in Premier League history this weekend between Cardiff City and Swansea City, a match steeped in bitter history.

Iain Moody's sacking was the catalyst for a number of meetings between the club's directors and manager Malky Mackay, with owner Vincent Tan reportedly unhappy at the amount of money spent during the summer transfer window.

Tan has since given Malky Mackay his backing, and the club are also confident that they will be able to resolve issues with Alisher Apsalyamov's visa.

Iain Moody has since been linked with a move to Derby County, where he could take up a role as technical director.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cardiff-citys-new-kazakh-head-2661554#ixzz2jKpm1Oyf
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Forgot Mexico plays Brazil (u17 WC) in a couple hours and I'm still up...smh... See y'all in a few...

Back
Top Bottom