The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Pretty cool article in the times.

It's funny that if Catalonia eventually gains independence, the first thing Spaniards will do is kick them out La Liga. So then Barcelona can play Espanyol like 20 times a season lol.

That came up a lot, from my understanding they would get a choice to stay in la liga or go to ligue 1 since catalonia's teams aren't strong enough for a league on their own.

Pretty cool article in the times.

It's funny that if Catalonia eventually gains independence, the first thing Spaniards will do is kick them out La Liga. So then Barcelona can play Espanyol like 20 times a season lol.

Espanyol and their fans are loyal to Spain though. So it would be Barcelona on their own :lol: I doubt it would happen, it would just make the rivalry more intense, and refs would be going all out to @#$% Barcelona over

Espanyol and their fans are loyal to Spain though. So it would be Barcelona on their own :lol: I doubt it would happen, it would just make the rivalry more intense, and refs would be going all out to @#$% Barcelona over

If Catalan independence is achieved somehow, I wouldn't be surprised if they kick out the Catalan teams from La Liga one bit. Those are some of the arguments Spaniards always bring up when the Catalan independence is asked about.

The thing is, Spain needs Catalonia and Catalonia needs Spain. As much as they like to deny it. But the independent movement is growing stronger every day.

Yea it's definitely a pride thing with separatist Catalans. A separation would be financially horrible for both Spain and Catalunya

REUUUUUUUUUUSSSS!

2 - 1 Stuttgart

FT

6 - 1 Stuttgart :smokin

Sokratis Papastathopoulos
1 - 1
22'
Marco Reus
2 - 1
53'
Sokratis Papastathopoulos
54'
Robert Lewandowski
3 - 1
56'
Robert Lewandowski
4 - 1
ibn6RTWFwdMx3i.gif

72'
Robert Lewandowski
5 - 1
81'
P

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Last edited:
Yeah...not exactly sure why the Liga thought it a good idea to play Friday after mid-week fixtures.

Barca gets an extra day before Milan next week...but three games in six days is rough.

Last edited:
Joao Rodrigo Silva Santos Beheaded: Drug Lords Gift Former Brazil Soccer Player’s Head To Wife In Backpack

View media item 637990
A retired soccer player in Brazil was found beheaded this week in an apparent attack by drug traffickers. Joao Rodrigo Silva Santos was kidnapped outside his health food store in Rio de Janeiro Monday evening. Later that night, Silva Santos' wife, Geisa Silva, reported him missing. Then, early Tuesday morning, she found the gruesome discovery on her doorstep after hearing a noise and running to the front door. She saw a backpack that had belonged to her husband. When she opened the bag, she discovered the Brazilian soccer player's head -- missing its eyes and tongue. Neighbors living close to the crime scene reported hearing a woman screaming: "My God, it's Joao! It's Joao's head."

"I did not want to look but the people who saw it said they had gouged out his eyes and cut off his tongue," one of Silva Santos' relatives, who desired to remain anonymous, told Brazil newspaper Globo, according to the Daily Mail. "From what I know, he didn't have any enemies and neither did his wife." Eyewitnesses reportedly told police that they saw a group of men attacking Silva Santos and forcibly tossing him into a getaway car. The motives of the murder are still unclear. Police chief Rafael Rangel told Brazil's O Dia newspaper, "Mrs. Silva has no idea who would have done this. Neither have she, her husband or any other member of the family suffered any type of threat as far as she knows. There is nothing that would justify such a barbarous crime."

http://www.latintimes.com/articles/...d-backpack-futbolista-soccer.htm#.UnQffJT4jKw

:smh:

Damn that wasn't sexy at all but 3 points & sitting on top of the table unbeaten so far... Can't beat that especially without La Pulga scoring...

I don't know where Messi is, because the dude hasn't been himself in a while now. If he's remotely hurt, he shouldn't play, no excuse.

Neymar continues to be man of the match tho, he's really playing well.

La Liga screwed Real and Barca tho with the schedule.

I just read something that in 2014, Reus' buyout clause kicks in at 35m Euros. :nerd:

I fear what would happen if he joined Ozil.

Of course David Moyes will most likely contact Barcelona for Fabregas again.

Back
Top Bottom