The thread about nothing

Dirty South (uh-huh) Can you all really feel me (feel us) East coast feel me (feel us) West coast feel me Dirty south (say what) Can you all really feel me (huh) East coast feel me (baby girl) West coast feel me (huh uh) Dirty south (yeah) Can you all really feel me (say what) East coast feel me (feel us) West coast feel me (feel us) Dirty south (dirty dirty) Can you all really feel me (yeah) East coast feel me (baby girl) West coast feel me (ha)

G Rap :pimp: His verse on "The Realest" >>>>>>>>>>*

Saw this early this morning before work, go head Uncle Murda!!

At times I feel like I listen to entirely too much Dom Kennedy. This constantly has me on my I'm the **** chill vibe

Is it me or is the music industry set up for artists to fail nowadays? Artists are basically forced to "break into" the industry by dropping mixtape after mixtape until they blow up...but after 5 mixtapes, do you really have the high quality material that you were dropping in the beginning to support the next few albums in your career? Artists are basically forced to make classic tapes, and put throwaway tracks on albums it seems.

I'm havin a hard time finding the words that I mean, but does anybody feel where I'm coming from?

^I know exactly what you mean. I guess in the past 2-3 years (the time I've heavily DL mixtapes), I've just gotten use to the fact that mixtapes are for the hardcore rap/HH fans, and studio albums are for record companies and general public.

I think it's also that way just cause the mixtape scene has largely gotten away from the older/original style of mixtapes where you're rapping over popular/radio tracks, and are basically making free albums. I'm sure you probably notice when a tape comes out (depending on who it is), if it has mostly known beats, a lot of people (recently) tend to frown on it. I don't mind it, cause those are the type of tapes i grew up listening to anyway.

do you feel like its cheapening the genre? I mean no other genre really has an equivalent, and artists such as KRIT and Currensy (and Wiz for that matter, who I'm not a fan of) drop CLASSIC tapes, that could possibly be GREAT albums, but after dropping 3-5 GREAT mixtapes, what do you have left for your studio album?

Last edited:
Well there's tons of things that cheapen the genre (mostly the fact that people make it seem like it's so easy to do), but I have to say yes, mostly because there's a constant bombardment of it. I don't mind artists staying on their grind and stuff dropping a lot of quality stuff (like the rappers you just mentioned), but there have been times where I don't even get to enjoy one mixtape before another drops. Then when you have so many available, some fall to the wayside until you randomly come across them. Some time in 2011 I just took a break from DL mixtapes and just listened to the stuff I had longer. I feel like everybody should do this here and there :lol:

True story, its very rare that I download a new mixtape unless its from one of my favorite artists. Gone are the days when you could go into a label with a demo tape and get signed

^I know exactly what you mean. I guess in the past 2-3 years (the time I've heavily DL mixtapes), I've just gotten use to the fact that mixtapes are for the hardcore rap/HH fans, and studio albums are for record companies and general public.
I think it's also that way just cause the mixtape scene has largely gotten away from the older/original style of mixtapes where you're rapping over popular/radio tracks, and are basically making free albums. I'm sure you probably notice when a tape comes out (depending on who it is), if it has mostly known beats, a lot of people (recently) tend to frown on it. I don't mind it, cause those are the type of tapes i grew up listening to anyway.

Nothing wrong with that unless they wack or something :lol:

Chief Keef with 50k first week sales :x

TI with 127k >D

turrible. I guess TI was pretty good, debuting at #2

Last edited:
I REALLY miss this show...

mostly these segments

Back
Top Bottom