the thread about nothing...

Get a hold of yourself man. I'd rather be alone and happy than with a chick that makes me miserable.
qft. i learned this with age though. some of lifes greatest lessons is when you get punched in the mouth and get back up.

For those that were back around in 2010 on NT....they probably remember the story in full detail.

It is long.....very very very long. I haven't spoken much about it since more so for work/legal reasons. I'm still dealing with the repercussions and trickle down affect from some of that nonsense. Taken the truth almost three years to have me exonerated and it forever changed things with my "friends," girl and coworkers/jobs. I had to leave a lot of people behind after they were exposed for the fraudulent, selfish, jealous people. Now I have been back, better than ever (better health, better job, better friends, better females) and it's funny to see these people grasping at straws yearning for relationships with me.

I have tried to forgive them and move on....but one doesn't forget stuff like that. You just can't.
what happened bro? (if i may ask)

I'd give anything to be 18 again
mean.gif

Mid 20s with no direction is scary
sick.gif
Naw bae, I need direction.... no discretion tho 
devil.gif
nthat.gif

I just get PISSED when dudes start running their mouths first.
I was talking about Danny.

You don't have to tell me man....I already know. Church League, Work League, Intramurals...you name it. I could never stand garbage folks yapping their gums and talking about someone, but not saying something to them directly. Challenges would get issued.....$1000 bets would get made and games of intense one vs one would get played. Obviously with large sums of money being played for....things would happen. That's all I'll say about that.

It didn't matter who it was either. I had a dude spit in my face while I was coaching an intramural team to victory and everyone was surprised that I showed restraint. Me and Chris Brown were going at it as if I was supposed to be impressed with who he was.....his bball game was subpar/And-1 mixtape at best.

My Government job had a super competitive work league with a bunch of college ball players and military folks. It was get heated and intense to the point where folks were losing their jobs man.....just not worth it.

I still find myself getting frustrated with bum *** folks emulating Kobe or KD and putting shame on the game. Basketball is a beautiful game, but it's a damn shame most folks don't even know how to play it properly.

All chicks make us miserable in SOME way at SOME point
laugh.gif
true this. i was with a girl for three years and breaking up with her was like a breath of really fresh beach in a forest air.

Last edited:
Get a hold of yourself man. I'd rather be alone and happy than with a chick that makes me miserable.

That's not how I roll. I was speaking as society as a whole. That's what the original comment was speaking to.

I gotcha.

In 2013, sadly it does.

I don't know if a chick I choose to be with could possibly make me miserable 
embarassed.gif

I have a theory on that. What if you chose her, but ignore all the warning signs that you shouldn't be with her. You do this just to put up a front to impress OTHER people because in reality your ego can't handle being strong enough to admit that it's okay to be alone when others are saying you shouldn't? Happens eerrday homie. Not saying it's you but it's a common practice people rarely admit to until **** really hits the fan.

I don't think the right one for you would make you miserable. You keep with that mentality your relationship is doomed to fail.

People ignore those warning signs because they get so caught up in the beginning of that relationship. New yambs are exciting so if she seems a little off the wall people will still dive in if the positives outweigh the negatives.

For the most part.

Damn Shuttlesworth, wish I was paying attention in General in 2010 to get the full story. Been trying to piece it together since you've been mentioning it here and there. I know it was a lot of trouble in your life, but I can't figure out what the hell happened. Oh well *shrug*

People ignore those warning signs because they get so caught up in the beginning of that relationship. New yambs are exciting so if she seems a little off the wall people will still dive in if the positives outweigh the negatives.

For the most part.

It's not the "newness" of it, it's the fact that outside people (family, friends, etc) make them feel that they should be with someone for whatever reason. I don't think anyone should be in a relationship at all until they first figure out what they want for themselves. People do it, just because it is supposed to happen. I say go at your own pace and know what you want. Who knows you better than you?

Edit: Well, yeah it is in part the newness :lol:. That "oh she likes to act crazy" is cute in the beginning, and however much time later, he/she can be hell on wheels :lol:

Last edited:

For the most part.
rck2sactown had that feeling from the moment he met her, every time he woke up and any moment he'd think about her.

There'd be days where rck2sactown would feel down in the dumps, but the mere sound of her voice would assure him everything would be ok.

I'm not even kidding, I can speak on his behalf on that, he was truly in love.

rck2sactown had that feeling from the moment he met her, every time he woke up and any moment he'd think about her.

There'd be days where rck2sactown would feel down in the dumps, but the mere sound of her voice would assure him everything would be ok.

[/quote
You making me sad famb.

And beh, the edit was definitely on point :lol:

you were bringing up lovely memories 
frown.gif
 but then i
saw this beneath your post 
roll.gif

Naw man, rck2sactown is making me sad now 
frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom