the thread about nothing...

aren't there special equipment for firefighters? I was told there is a signal sent to the firetruck when one of you sit still (as per rule) when you catch fire. This is from a grade school visit from the dept. 

Don't go cheap, your life may depend on it. 
tired.gif

Don't cheap out on stuff that you're gonna rely on for your job. I dropped close to 300 on a pair of red wings for work, it hurt

Naw, im not buying the cheapest thing..i know I'll be away from home for 3 months and want to be comfortable as possible, let alone in bad terrain so i cant have things break on me

A lot of the stuff is already provided but the things i listed are things i have to buy myself

spent 220+ on some boots, 110 on a sleeping bag that will keep me warm, and still need to buy an air mattress for it

Luckily I have a buddy who has gone through this so he's letting me know how much i should spend and what not

Last edited:
Niketalk fam....as some may know I'll be a wildland Firefighter this summer

buying all this stuff is getting expensive :x

I'm up to the 350 mark already :smh:

boots, tent, sleeping bag, pickup tent, a good knife, miscellaneous...

IT ALL ADDS UP!!! Not to mention boots alone are 230+

cool man, make a thread when you start working i wanna see some pics.

aren't there special equipment for firefighters? I was told there is a signal sent to the firetruck when one of you sit still (as per rule) when you catch fire. This is from a grade school visit from the dept. 

Don't go cheap, your life may depend on it. 
tired.gif

:lol: yeah, its called a Personal Alert Safety System (PASS)...not sure if that is used during wild land though...

and yeah, ill def post some pictures come this summer..I'm really excited about this job opportunity, june cant come fast enough!!

yeah dude, that's dope. i'd be exited too. my boy is on the waiting list to become a firefighter here. there are so many it's hard to get a job.

What are some "good" social norms to break?
good as in they deserve to be broken and would be good to break? or good as in not having an adverse affect when broken?
Good to break and having a adverse effect when broken such as bros holding hands.
lol, What would be the adverse effect of bros not holding hands? confused
I meant that bros holding hands would be an example of breaking a social norm ie bros not holding hands.

Video for emphasis.

talk to strangers on public transportation?

still not getting what you're asking about breaking social norms.
What I mean is breaking social norms that would get good reactions out of people.

The best one that I'd want to do is go to a dog park and walk an animal other than a dog, such as a turtle. I don't own any pets though.

Back
Top Bottom