the thread about nothing...

So after the job search, work out and what have you, you're gonna just stare at the wall? Watching TV is better or being on NT is better? Unless you're going to do nothing to but read books, you're over thinking it. You gotta do something to get your mind off not having a job.

I'm just sayin, do you doe.
you right man I'm prolly am overthinkin

i took nyquil last night...

had the craziest dream in my life...towards the end of the dream i walked into my parents house and got crackers and a pitcher of water to try to make me feel better..

in my dream i had taken something at a party, and im guessing thats when the nyquil kicked in..

its way too crazy to go into detail, but towards the end i could feel my body telling me to wake up it took me some time then my eyes opened, 

the first words out of my mouth were WTF was that alll about.

Do lazy and unmotivated people ever make it in life?

Ask me again in 5 years. :nerd:

(So far things have been going well.. Just need to apply for my major..)
what's your major

Applying for a Business major, focus on Accounting/Finance. :nerd:

i would suggest you find another route unless you plan to work for yourself. the finance industry is dead.

im already 97 credits in for my econ degree and i feel like its worthless because of the type of economics im taught in college.

Last edited:
Any of y'all remember Paula DeAnda? She was and still is a babe. Actually had a good voice too, wonder why she never blew up

Instagram

what's your major

i would suggest you find another route unless you plan to work for yourself. the finance industry is dead.

im already 97 credits in for my econ degree and i feel like its worthless because of the type of economics im taught in college.

Can you elaborate further on the finance industry being dead?

Plz rspnd

the plunge in profits and bonuses last year was a red flag for me. it wasnt a small plunge or profits stagnated. DUDES WERE PISSED when they saw the bonuses being 20-50% of where it was. plus the liborgate scandal did some damage to the industry. sooner or later we will be seeing more and more financial scandals that would lead to either ANOTHER bailout or it collapsing and triggering defaults with the counterparty going down as well.

this blog that i frequent to had this guy doing some detective work on the federal budget and their retirement plans and pensions. he discovered that the whole thing is a sham and house of cards waiting to collapse word to social security.

Last edited:

what's your major

Plz rspnd

the plunge in profits and bonuses last year was a red flag for me. it wasnt a small plunge or profits stagnated. DUDES WERE PISSED when they saw the bonuses being 20-50% of where it was. plus the liborgate scandal did some damage to the industry. sooner or later we will be seeing more and more financial scandals that would lead to either ANOTHER bailout or it collapsing and triggering defaults with the counterparty going down as well.

I'm a finance major myself but never wanted to go the corporate route. I'm a financial analyst for the government. Love my job but hope to start my own business someday (also entrepreneurship major).

what do you think about this?

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2013-02-12/whats-these-trust-funds

I been growing my hair out since oct and all I got is a mini fro
I think its time for the waves again

I'm a finance major myself but never wanted to go the corporate route. I'm a financial analyst for the government. Love my job but hope to start my own business someday (also entrepreneurship major).

I'm interning for the Forest Service, and when I graduate I get converted into a budget analyst for them... This is interesting, although I wouldn't know what else I would do if I were to major in something else... :x

Last edited:

I'm interning for the Forest Service, and when I graduate I get converted into a budget analyst for them... This is interesting, although I wouldn't know what else I would do if I were to major in something else... :x

well go with it if you think its good for you. i mean a government job is the most laid back job you can have with all the benefits and what not. i personally wont work for any crooked bank or government agency so il find my own route.

what's your major

Plz rspnd

I invest 10% of my paycheck into the TSP. That's my retirement plan.

i dunno man. these long term investments are so risky but they downplay the risks to it. like a 401k we would match x% of your paycheck and by the time you are 65 you will have over 1 million dollars! they focus on the nominal not the real value of the 401k 20-40 years down the line. by then the average man has lost 2/3rds of their purchasing power from inflation.

look into that article and read that carefully. i was surprised in what i read but then again cali is in a similar situation so i guess its not really that surprising.

Last edited:
are you serious??

isn't there a finance and stock thread somewhere..
grin.gif

delete all these multiquoted posts, its unnecessary im sure he knows you are replying to his statements.

I will re-read the whole article. I skimmed it then read most of the comments. It's actually more like 3.2 M I'm expecting to retire with at age 67. So the inflation thing is there but will not be as much of a concern

but what if coffee costs 100 dollars a cup and a toyota camry costs 250k? the compounding effects of inflation is very very serious. word to the people retired and complaining about things used to be 10 cents for a slice of pizza and what not.

Back
Top Bottom