the thread about nothing...

Cocoa Puffs and Cap'n Crunch just make sense.
Hell yeah, I love to mix - cap n crunch and frosted flakes go great with a lot of cereals

tumblr_m9kfvtCdJl1qbmx5no1_500.gif

Suicides Will Probably Top Homicides in NYC This Year

Incredible. If current trends hold when the book is closed on 2012, there is a very strong chance that more New Yorkers will have died at their own hands rather than at the hands of another person! No wonder so many more suicides have made the news this year.

According to the NYPD, as of December 9th, 2012 there were 385 murders in New York City [PDF], a twenty percent drop from this time last year when there were 485 murders on the books. And if the numbers hold we could soon be approaching the murder rate from 1960, when 390 homicides were reported in the Big Apple. Meanwhile, according to the Department of Health and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner [PDF], approximately 475 New Yorkers kill themselves each year here (seven percent by subway). So if the number of suicides stays roughly the same (the Medical Examiner's office is currently unable to provide a concrete figure for 2012 so far) then there is a very strong possibility this year will be one for the books.

So now the question is: how we can reduce the suicide rate in New York City even more? We already have one of the lowest suicide rates in the nation (since 2000 our rate has been 6 per 100,000 people compared to the national average of 11 per—this year our murder rate is shaping up to be 4.75 per 100,000). And considering we budgeted $4.5 billion on our police force [PDF] and just $688 million on the DOH's Division of Mental Hygiene [PDF] maybe we should be putting a little bit more money from column A into column B?

Another way to help bring our suicide numbers down is to seek help. If you or someone you love wants help or information on depression or a drinking or substance abuse problem, there are many options available, starting first and foremost with your doctor. Beyond that, the city runs a free, 24-hour confidential help line for city residents at 1-800-LIFE-NET.

http://gothamist.com/2012/12/19/in_2012_there_could_be_more_suicide.php

|I
r.i.p to the fallen nters.

Seinfeld tanning.

:pimp:. NT philosophy
i'll peep the anime stuff later, really wasnt trying to talk down on it, i just always thought .... well..... it wasnt for me, but you never know. Dont know much about it
full metal alchemist: brotherhood is GOAT. better than DBZ.
......STOP IT, STOP IT RIGHT NOW
I switched the N and M on 2 coworker's keyboards. And now I wait.
:rofl:. Please keep me updated
hmm was interested in seeing it.. heard it was good might have to go check it out one of these days
you will NOT be disappointed....loved it
THIS
Nate Dogg and Nat Turnher is not the same person?? Wowww.

tumblr_mdnl8eRfb91rrxhj7.gif
Ice Lafox had a baby by Nat Turnher, she got pregnant on set
sick.gif
That cant be true, it just cant be. Of all the irresponisble unsanitary......
Suicides Will Probably Top Homicides in NYC This Year

Incredible. If current trends hold when the book is closed on 2012, there is a very strong chance that more New Yorkers will have died at their own hands rather than at the hands of another person! No wonder so many more suicides have made the news this year.

According to the NYPD, as of December 9th, 2012 there were 385 murders in New York City [PDF], a twenty percent drop from this time last year when there were 485 murders on the books. And if the numbers hold we could soon be approaching the murder rate from 1960, when 390 homicides were reported in the Big Apple. Meanwhile, according to the Department of Health and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner [PDF], approximately 475 New Yorkers kill themselves each year here (seven percent by subway). So if the number of suicides stays roughly the same (the Medical Examiner's office is currently unable to provide a concrete figure for 2012 so far) then there is a very strong possibility this year will be one for the books.

So now the question is: how we can reduce the suicide rate in New York City even more? We already have one of the lowest suicide rates in the nation (since 2000 our rate has been 6 per 100,000 people compared to the national average of 11 per—this year our murder rate is shaping up to be 4.75 per 100,000). And considering we budgeted $4.5 billion on our police force [PDF] and just $688 million on the DOH's Division of Mental Hygiene [PDF] maybe we should be putting a little bit more money from column A into column B?

Another way to help bring our suicide numbers down is to seek help. If you or someone you love wants help or information on depression or a drinking or substance abuse problem, there are many options available, starting first and foremost with your doctor. Beyond that, the city runs a free, 24-hour confidential help line for city residents at 1-800-LIFE-NET.
http://gothamist.com/2012/12/19/in_2012_there_could_be_more_suicide.php

tired.gif

r.i.p to the fallen nters.
That is seriously blowing my mind.

dude its sad...if you have a substance problem and go to a hospital..they treat you like TRASH..

i mean where else is a person going thru withdrawal at 3 am or 1am supposed to go? theres NOTHING open at that time..they MAYBE give you fluids but other than that they just tell you to get the eff out and look at you like you are scum..theres no resources that are free to help those in need, not just substance users but also the mentally ill and homeless.

Last edited:
dude its sad...if you have a substance problem and go to a hospital..they treat you like TRASH..

i mean where else is a person going thru withdrawal at 3 am or 1am supposed to go? theres NOTHING open at that time..they MAYBE give you fluids but other than that they just tell you to get the eff out and look at you like you are scum..theres no resources that are free to help those in need, not just substance users but also the mentally ill and homeless.

i kinda agree, the gap between drug abuse treatment and the medical field is huge. but after years of being gamed by junkies can you blame them for being aprehensive?

Went to talk to my accounting professor about this 68...she does give extra credit points to help boost up a letter grade but didnt know how many i had at that moment ( I know I have atleast 1 point for something lol )...said she will see...i hope she will let me slide :frown:

Last edited:
rip.. i figure a panic attack, depression, and anxiety deserve me going to the hospital. but i keep thinking ill be able to overcome things by myself. suicide creeps into the mind but i got a kid on the way.. so i gotta continue my grind

i kinda agree, the gap between drug abuse treatment and the medical field is huge. but after years of being gamed by junkies can you blame them for being aprehensive?
true that, junkies will steal anything that isnt bolted to the floor..

over here in socal they released a bunch of people staying at this mental hospital cause of budget cuts and now they're roaming the streets...

alot of em stay at this park, and theres been at least 4 or 5 of em this year that have been hit by cars..
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom