the thread about nothing...

mqbuq38jk4ka1.jpg

an abnormally huge root for a wisdom tooth

Were their injuries bad? I hope they recovered quickly.
it's a miracle that they even survived. their vehicle spun over the other side of the road when it was sideswiped by a truck then got crushed by another truck going the opposite way. our aunt collapsed and cried hysterically when they went to see the wreck as it did look that someone wouldn't survive on how the car looked. our eldest gut a long cut on his head. my other brother got his right arm broken and had to become the 6 million dollar man. my bro's friend who was at the back had his pelvic crushed and almost died was in the hospital for months for his injuries. he was able to regain his mobility but when I saw him a few years later, he did seem shorter than before.

Is it too hard to put metal detectors at train station turnstiles. A dude just got killed today for pointing a gun at cops trying to ticket him for smoking weed at the station(not legal here) and another dude got arrested for gun possession a few days ago at five points. If I didn’t have to worry about my car getting broken into downtown I wouldn’t even take the train anymore. Bout to tell my boss I can’t stay past 7pm anymore, too many nutcases on the train after dark.
same here. gone are the days when it is safe to be in train stations. even daytime doesn't guarantee protection from nutbars.

Is it too hard to put metal detectors at train station turnstiles. A dude just got killed today for pointing a gun at cops trying to ticket him for smoking weed at the station(not legal here) and another dude got arrested for gun possession a few days ago at five points. If I didn’t have to worry about my car getting broken into downtown I wouldn’t even take the train anymore. Bout to tell my boss I can’t stay past 7pm anymore, too many nutcases on the train after dark.
Has to be in NYC, lol. These subways ain't safe here man, 💯. Everyday it's something new it's like the wild wild west in there. Once you go underground into the subway it's like the law doesn't apply anymore. Don't blame you one bit for not trying to stay in the office past 7. Stay firm on that with your boss. Stay strapped bro.

Yes, it’s impossible - planes are very different because you can obviously only get on at the airport which isn’t open to the public.

Large stations in central areas would be easy to secure - but trains usually connect to more peripheral lines with smaller, often unattended, stations or they could jump on when the train is above ground and accessible - so someone could get on there and travel anywhere.

The larger issue is the usual one of why so many people are so desperate to carry lethal weapons around.

Reactions: ace
Has to be in NYC, lol. These subways ain't safe here man, 💯. Everyday it's something new it's like the wild wild west in there. Once you go underground into the subway it's like the law doesn't apply anymore. Don't blame you one bit for not trying to stay in the office past 7. Stay firm on that with your boss. Stay strapped bro.
whenever I take my son to the train station, I also tell my son to move away from the tracks as far as possible and always tell him to be on the lookout around him. don't want any crazies pushing us off down to the tracks.

The larger issue is the usual one of why so many people are so desperate to carry lethal weapons around.
because of the mentality that it would protect them. more often than not, most people in general are unable to use their piece in such dangerous scenarios. just look at the mass shootings alone. in the state of Texas where everyone could carry a gun, seldom you would see people trying to protect themselves. more often it is used to intimidate people or carelessly shoot people out of anger in an argument.

whenever I take my son to the train station, I also tell my son to move away from the tracks as far as possible and always tell him to be on the lookout around him. don't want any crazies pushing us off down to the tracks.
💯. It's got to be the dumbest thing to do in subways to stand by the edge of the platform & lean forward to see a train. It is a bigass train when it comes you'll without a doubt in my mind, see it!

I stopped taking public transportation 8 years ago but still, to this day, even with all the info on the crimes & dangers of the subway readily available people still do the same foolishness over & over again. Hope your son listens to your good advice. Being hyper aware of your surroundings on public transportation is critical.

Back
Top Bottom