the thread about nothing...

I'm from Anchorage, AK.

I'm actually in Houston right now for fall break.

For everyone interested in seeing a bunch of heat (shoes) click on "Alaska" in my sig!
Wow Alaska! How cold is it up there during winter?
It depends where you go.

Where I lived, it wasn't too bad. It was around -15 to 35 degrees fahrenheit on a regular winter. It's usually closer to 0-15 on average.

Now if you go up north to Fairbanks, we are talking anywhere from -45 to 10 degrees fahrenheit. It's usually closer to -20 to -30 on average.

Luckily, I only lived in Fairbanks for about 18 months and I was 2 when we left, so I don't remember any of it. 
laugh.gif

Lots of snow! In fact, last year, we had a record amount of snowfall.

It's also very dark in the winter. Again it's not too bad in Anchorage. The sun will usually come up around 8:30-9:00ish and to will set around 4-4:30ish.

I've had a lot of people ask me about the 24 hours of darkness in the winter (24 hours of daylight in the summer) and whether it is true or not. This is definitely true up North in the Barrow/Purdhoe Bay area. Here is a old, but still relatively accurate chart about daylight throughout the year.

Yes, moose rome the streets all the time.

I'll answer any questions y'all have about Alaska!

You got footlockers and McDonald's and all that other stuff we have ? :nerd: :nerd:

How much is car insurance up there?

Is there a college of Alaska? You guys play football?

I'm from Anchorage, AK.

For everyone interested in seeing a bunch of heat (shoes) click on "Alaska" in my sig!
It depends where you go.

Where I lived, it wasn't too bad. It was around -15 to 35 degrees fahrenheit on a regular winter. It's usually closer to 0-15 on average.

Now if you go up north to Fairbanks, we are talking anywhere from -45 to 10 degrees fahrenheit. It's usually closer to -20 to -30 on average.

Luckily, I only lived in Fairbanks for about 18 months and I was 2 when we left, so I don't remember any of it. 
laugh.gif

It's also very dark in the winter. Again it's not too bad in Anchorage. The sun will usually come up around 8:30-9:00ish and to will set around 4-4:30ish.

I've had a lot of people ask me about the 24 hours of darkness in the winter (24 hours of daylight in the summer) and whether it is true or not. This is definitely true up North in the Barrow/Purdhoe Bay area. Here is a old, but still relatively accurate chart about daylight throughout the year.

You got footlockers and McDonald's and all that other stuff we have ?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

There are four Footlockers in my area. Of course we have McDonalds! I would guess around 14 in the city and much more in the state. We don't have all the major stores, but we have most of them. It's just like any other city in the lower 48......just a lot colder. 
laugh.gif

Car insurance: I don't know, I've never had a car, but I would guess slightly more than average due to reckless drivers and terrible icy roads.

There is the University of Alaska. The two main campuses are in Anchorage and Fairbanks.

Football: of course we play football! The high school seasons are a bit shorter than everyone else because it's gets snowy and cold sooner. We have a Indoor Football League team. 

Last edited:
my lil bro is over spending the night, he went to the bathroom and when he came out he tried to be slick and smack me in the stomach and run away,

but when he did that my lil homie gatzby lept off the couch and chased his butt into the living barking and looking gully like a beast 

mind you this dude is so peaceful and small does nothing but chill and sleep and look awesome..but for that 3 seconds he turned into a lion or some ish 
laugh.gif

this is as big as he's gonna get he's like 11lbs and almost a year found out a month after we adopted him we have the same birthday.

Reactions: Ox.
I'm from Anchorage, AK.

It depends where you go.

laugh.gif

You got footlockers and McDonald's and all that other stuff we have ?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

There are four Footlockers in my area. Of course we have McDonalds! I would guess around 14 in the city and much more in the state.

Car insurance: I don't know, I've never had a car, but I would guess slightly more than average due to reckless drivers and terrible icy roads.

There is the University of Alaska. The two main campuses are in Anchorage and Fairbanks.

Football: of course we play football! The high school seasons are a bit shorter than everyone else because it's gets snowy and cold sooner. We have a Indoor Football League team.

What are the ethnic back rounds up there?

How the Alaskan females :nerd:

How the Alaskan females
nerd.gif
Native Americans, Samoans, Hispanics, African Americans, Asians/Pacific Islanders, and white folks. The diversity is pretty good.

Alaska females are hit or miss. Some of them are bad though 
devil.gif

For the most part, the females here are going/easy. I attribute that to too much darkness, and the cold, which makes them depressed and want a cuddle buddy if you know what I mean.

Last edited:

How the Alaskan females
nerd.gif
Native Americans, Samoans, Hispanics, African Americans, Asians/Pacific Islanders, and white folks. The diversity is pretty good.

Alaska females are hit or miss. Some of them are bad though 
devil.gif

For the most part, the females here are going/easy. I attribute that to too much darkness, and the cold, which makes them depressed and want a cuddle buddy if you know what I mean.

Makes it sound like the mixed females are :evil: :pimp:

laugh.gif
acting like Alaska is a Foreign Country with all these Questions
Trust me, I've heard it all 
laugh.gif
Alaska is on my list of places to visit. It's just different
 I would definitely recommend visiting in the summer. Go on the cruise if you can. Alaska is gorgeous in the summer! The winter.......uh.............well............
laugh.gif

Is that Alaskan Blue you are typing with?
laugh.gif
Cold as ice 
glasses.gif

Last edited:
its illegal to name your kid Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116 in Sweden
in scotland, it's against the law to be drunk while in possession of a cow
my lil bro is over spending the night, he went to the bathroom and when he came out he tried to be slick and smack me in the stomach and run away,

but when he did that my lil homie gatzby lept off the couch and chased his butt into the living barking and looking gully like a beast 

mind you this dude is so peaceful and small does nothing but chill and sleep and look awesome..but for that 3 seconds he turned into a lion or some ish 
laugh.gif

this is as big as he's gonna get he's like 11lbs and almost a year found out a month after we adopted him we have the same birthday.
this made me miss my dog :,(

Last edited:
Anyone looking to get their iPod/iPad/iPhone repaired, hit up www.iresq.com Getting my iPod touch repaired for less than $65 
pimp.gif
 Thought for a second I would have to buy a new one. Reviews for this company are pretty outstanding. 

i never should have brought the cd i had in my deck into the house, now i got that diamonds song by rihanna looping in my head from bumping the radio. shine bright like diamond :smh:

Back
Top Bottom