the thread about nothing...

If you can prove for sure that the kid shared the link, or can argue a sound case...and provided that this assignment isn't a large chunk of their overall grade, I'd give both of the kids a 0 on the assignment...let them know why and let them know if you catch them again there will be real consequences.

If you can't prove the other kid shared it, then only a 0 for the guy who uploaded the wrong link, but still talking to both of them and warning them.

I went ahead and put the 0's in.

I wish it was that easy. You have to fill out like a 3 page document on the infraction, then it gets reviewed by admin, then you gotta have a PTC.

If it was as easy as a 0 and get out my face I would've been did it :rofl: . Either way they f***** around and found out.

When it’s my first day being trained on the job and I’m trying to understand what I have to do..

1671123971040.gif
hopefully its going well for you

I was always amazed at how bad people are at explaining their tasks/procedures
and expecting you to "get it" after one poor explanation
its almost accepted as some rite of passage to get dumped in the fire
while imo, its just a lack of accountability/empathy (npi if youre in accounting lol)
on the coworkers part

for me, with newcomers at any job I had
I always said to them
I dont care how many times you need to ask me
keep asking til you are comfortable and understand

and also
the most true statement with most workers
"just because you have a job, doesnt mean you know what youre doing"

Well the only way the kid could get another students link is to either.

A. Log in to that other kids account and click the "share button" to get the link.

B. Have his friend send the link to the project to him, and then he uploads it.

Unless the kids defense is he hacked into my account and stole the link that's a crazy reach especially when you consider they're not even in the same class. I have one of them 2nd block and the other 6th. Regardless for the link to have a different student's username would require some type of cheating.

Extremely competitive school academia wise. Parents are all lawyers, doctors, software engineers etc so high grades are not just expected they're required and it's a slippery slope.

Kids and parents talk. If I give them a free cheat pass I basically have to give every single student a free cheat pass.
Just do the paperwork CYA

WASHED KING WASHED KING Other option is to bring it up to them and require they both redo it with a completely new idea before (insert date) as a stern warning that that **** and slack you give them will only happen once.

But I get what you mean, if you get a reputation among students and/or parents of being easy on them or whatever it could mean others will look down upon you or try to take advantage of you in the future if they know it all turned out fine.

I will say get ready for the kid whose actual project it is, to reach out to you once he’s noticed and posting up with a defense that he’ll claim you can’t prove/that he wasn’t hacked :lol:

Either way let us know how this goes.

When it’s my first day being trained on the job and I’m trying to understand what I have to do..

1671123971040.gif
This was me a few weeks ago when I had my first road lesson on a school bus at the driving school. I'm in the process of getting my CDL & good God there's so much you need to remember before the road test.

Full In-cab inspection/full passenger items inspection/engine bay parts/15 suspension parts & around the bus items. There's so much terminology & wording you need to learn & memorize that'll be asked of me on the day of the road test.

On my 1st lesson I felt exactly like that dude in the gif you posted. My brain was overwhelmed with info & couldn't process it all, lol. Thank God I have an excellent teacher & as of my 3rd lesson yesterday she said I'm almost a pro & the road test will be a breeze for me 😎 .

This was me a few weeks ago when I had my first road lesson on a school bus at the driving school. I'm in the process of getting my CDL & good God there's so much you need to remember before the road test.

Full In-cab inspection/full passenger items inspection/engine bay parts/15 suspension parts & around the bus items. There's so much terminology & wording you need to learn & memorize that'll be asked of me on the day of the road test.

On my 1st lesson I felt exactly like that dude in the gif you posted. My brain was overwhelmed with info & couldn't process it all, lol. Thank God I have an excellent teacher & as of my 3rd lesson yesterday she said I'm almost a pro & the road test will be a breeze for me 😎 .
Where are u located? I’ve been wanting to get my cdl. I’m in Texas and you used to be able to take the written test and get somebody’s truck and just go take the driving test. Now you have to go to a driving school and they’re all like 3-4 bands

zmaqbool zmaqbool Proud of you my brother. I truly believe that:

If you really care about doing something well + you have good, patient teacher who ALSO cares about being good at what they do = everything should work out fine
All factual 💯
Where are u located? I’ve been wanting to get my cdl. I’m in Texas and you used to be able to take the written test and get somebody’s truck and just go take the driving test. Now you have to go to a driving school and they’re all like 3-4 bands
I'm in NYC. Def get the CDL man, it opens SO MANY doors & opportunities. Damn that sounds easy how it used to be there, lol. Over here in NY it's not the worst.

You have to first pass the written exams at the DMV & get your CDL permit then they added an additional requirement this past Feb here & that's to get ELDT(Entry Level Driver Training) online courses for each endorsement you get on your CDL permit. That's priced between $100 each.

I myself needed 3 of them & it's super annoying because it's redundant info from the written exams but hey, the state needs to make $ I guess right? And I signed up for 5 lessons(they tried to sell me on 10 & I laughed at them, lol) obv. they want your $ but 5 is more than enough for someone who has a little bit of commonsense. 5 lessons cost me $1,200...not too bad.

Why is Texas so much now? 3-4 bands is a lot of moolah. I'd still advise you to get it if possible. Them CDL licenses are worth their weight in gold.

Back
Top Bottom