the thread about nothing...

reminds me of a time i went to Dominican Republic and one of our distros took us out.. during the car ride he asks us if we liked loud music (volume was at max in his car already).. and we said sure.. so this guy pulls over in the middle of the road and goes to his trunk and grabs a sub and puts it between my coworker and I... and made the music even louder!

:rofl:

Please may these words be recorded
To serve as testimony that I saw it all before it
Came to fruition, sort of a premonition

Attachments

• 5d0370622100003711f30907.jpeg
    5d0370622100003711f30907.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 165
He ate those club swings like nothing too :lol:

Very impressive and elaborate!
I hate to see what their electric bill looks like later this month though.
I always believed people who can afford balling *** houses like that probably have no problem dishing out few extra hundred for the lights during the holidays on their Dec/Jan electric bill.

Day before Holiday break, caught a few of my AP Comp sci students cheating. Do I look the other way or fill out the paperwork and report it?

Mind you option two will result in more work for me before break.

Day before Holiday break, caught a few of my AP Comp sci students cheating. Do I look the other way or fill out the paperwork and report it?

Mind you option two will result in more work for me before break.
Cheating how? And was it on the/a final?

Cheating how? And was it on the/a final?

They use SNAP to create their projects/labs and they all have their own account. When they are done they share the link to their project by uploading the link to their projects into Schoology (web-based learning management system) so I can check and grade it.

The link they upload always includes their username in the address, this particular student uploaded a link that has a different kids account username on it.

Rookie mistake, which is partly why I want to bust them for it but then again it's so much paperwork cause it is a AP class.

If I’m one of their defense attorneys, as an example

Do you have proof the kid whose link was uploaded by the kid provided that kid with the link? Or could the kid say you can’t bust me whose to say he didn’t upload my link without my consent?

Why not just give them a warning and have them resubmit their project?

“It LOOKS like y’all cheated so I’m extending the deadline so y’all can resubmit how you’ve done in the past. Consider this a warning and I hope y’all don’t do it again.”
I would do this. have them resubmit their work and warn them that you caught them cheating and that you are giving them a 2nd chance not to do it again as you will fail them if they repeat the same thing.

If I’m one of their defense attorneys, as an example

Do you have proof the kid whose link was uploaded by the kid provided that kid with the link? Or could the kid say you can’t bust me whose to say he didn’t upload my link without my consent?

Well the only way the kid could get another students link is to either.

A. Log in to that other kids account and click the "share button" to get the link.

B. Have his friend send the link to the project to him, and then he uploads it.

Unless the kids defense is he hacked into my account and stole the link that's a crazy reach especially when you consider they're not even in the same class. I have one of them 2nd block and the other 6th. Regardless for the link to have a different student's username would require some type of cheating.

Why not just give them a warning and have them resubmit their project?

“It LOOKS like y’all cheated so I’m extending the deadline so y’all can resubmit how you’ve done in the past. Consider this a warning and I hope y’all don’t do it again.”

Extremely competitive school academia wise. Parents are all lawyers, doctors, software engineers etc so high grades are not just expected they're required and it's a slippery slope.

Kids and parents talk. If I give them a free cheat pass I basically have to give every single student a free cheat pass.

Well the only way the kid could get another students link is to either.

A. Log in to that other kids account and click the "share button" to get the link.

B. Have his friend send the link to the project to him, and then he uploads it.

Unless the kids defense is he hacked into my account and stole the link that's a crazy reach especially when you consider they're not even in the same class. I have one of them 2nd block and the other 6th. Regardless for the link to have a different student's username would require some type of cheating.

Extremely competitive school academia wise. Parents are all lawyers, doctors, software engineers etc so high grades are not just expected they're required and it's a slippery slope.

Kids and parents talk. If I give them a free cheat pass I basically have to give every single student a free cheat pass.
If you can prove for sure that the kid shared the link, or can argue a sound case...and provided that this assignment isn't a large chunk of their overall grade, I'd give both of the kids a 0 on the assignment...let them know why and let them know if you catch them again there will be real consequences.

If you can't prove the other kid shared it, then only a 0 for the guy who uploaded the wrong link, but still talking to both of them and warning them.

Back
Top Bottom