the thread about nothing...

Why folks get so defensive over their teams and take things personal though?

Opinions and debate are what makes Sports conversation go round. It is a necessity. If everyone agreed and viewed things the same way, it would be bland and redundant.

Only advice I can give is, take the emotion out of the thought process/view points on your teams.......I don't want to see any of you getting into brawls at the stadium or getting into barfights because someone doesn't like your QB or something.

Look at things objectively. I wouldn't take offense to any criticism of the ********, Wizards or any other local teams. It is comical really. I have a realistic viewpoint on the area teams with realistically low expectations.

I just found out that 3 of my friends (females) all have OkCupid accounts just to read the messages they get then repost to a group tumblr. I was :smh: at them when they told me. They thought it was the best thing since sliced bread I told them they were pathetic and they seemed confused.

The beauty of the internet. Everyone can now feel wanted and important.

Opinions and debate are what makes Sports conversation go round. It is a necessity. If everyone agreed and viewed things the same way, it would be bland and redundant.

Only advice I can give is, take the emotion out of the thought process/view points on your teams.......I don't want to see any of you getting into brawls at the stadium or getting into barfights because someone doesn't like your QB or something.

Look at things objectively. I wouldn't take offense to any criticism of the ********, Wizards or any other local teams. It is comical really. I have a realistic viewpoint on the area teams with realistically low expectations.

Oh I agree.

I just hate how you can't be a fan of a team and offer criticism because of said fan ship.

If you know the sport, you know the sport regardless of affiliation.

Opinions and facts are 2 completely different things.

Oh I agree.

I just hate how you can't be a fan of a team and offer criticism because of said fan ship.

If you know the sport, you know the sport regardless of affiliation.

Opinions and facts are 2 completely different things.

level headed sports fans are in the minority.
from the outside looking in, I only watch sports for the beer+wings

Does anyone else feel like internet forums have ruined our reading ability.

I have never been a reader. But i try some times and i make it about 2 chapters in and im like.....god wall of text...cliffs?
Everyone says oh you just haven't found a book you are genuinely interested in that's all. But i have tried a bunch and they all put me to sleep. I just can't read. I skim books looking for pics....looking for short responses....looking for quotes and reps...

Does anyone else feel like internet forums have ruined our reading ability.
I have never been a reader. But i try some times and i make it about 2 chapters in and im like.....god wall of text...cliffs?
Everyone says oh you just haven't found a book you are genuinely interested in that's all. But i have tried a bunch and they all put me to sleep. I just can't read. I skim books looking for pics....looking for short responses....looking for quotes and reps...

I think it has more to do with how some people obtain/retain information.

Some folks can sit down and read a book, become full engaged in the words on the page and soak up that information.

That never used to work for me back in school.

The amount of work I have due next week means that I don't really have a Thanksgiving break this year :x :smh:

Thinking about leaving my PS3 up here. Sliding home tomorrow night, then coming back Saturday, 3 days without it should be no big deal.

albert-einstein-quotes11.jpg

What was that thing called in hs where kids would pop out of nowhere and jump on top of you like the giddy up ride em cowboy dunk?

there was like a one word term for all of that.

What was that thing called in hs where kids would pop out of nowhere and jump on top of you like the giddy up ride em cowboy dunk?

there was like a one word term for all of that.
that word would be yam. Yamming on someone, Yamming on the doorway.

Gotta go see my lawyer next week.

Gonna take a day off from work and see if I get some stuff done.

Back
Top Bottom