the thread about nothing...

ok2ykz3do0a81.jpg

This one of my fav IG pages. :lol:

From my experience, people can definitely tell you're high on something if they know you. It's the difference in speech that always tips them off.

In my country, we've only had our "Opium Law" since 2014, which made all opioids require a prescription. Before 2014 you could just buy codeine etc without a prescription.

Over here we don't really have a massive opioid crisis to the extent the US has. I've never known anyone who has been prescribed an opioid stronger than Tramadol. Whereas in the US, doctors seem to hand out Oxycodone, hydrocodone, ... for things like wisdom teeth removal.
A hospital in particular here will never ever prescribe anything stronger than Tramadol when you're released from the hospital after a surgery. They'll pump you full of morphine etc while you're there to ease your pain as much as possible but it's a common hospital policy to not provide a painkiller prescription for patients released from the hospital after surgery unless the patient really insists, but even then it won't be anything stronger than a short supply of the lowest dosage of Tramadol.

For my chronic pain condition, doctors made me try just about every possible non-opioid form of painkillers before very reluctantly prescribing me Tramadol.
For reference, Tramadol is a bit stronger than Codeine but nowhere near the likes of Oxycontin.
I love codeine as it relaxes me. So far, I've been spiking my hot drink with alcohol at home. Morphine messed up my memory pretty badly when I went for an open surgery decades ago. It was administered to my spine, numbing my body. And that horse needle was one painful weapon. As painful as my knee biopsy which they had to poke my bone marrow 4 times. Freaking doctor and technician fooled me thinking it was just a needle pick. Felt more like a jackhammer was drilled into your knee.

I love codeine as it relaxes me. So far, I've been spiking my hot drink with alcohol at home. Morphine messed up my memory pretty badly when I went for an open surgery decades ago. It was administered to my spine, numbing my body. And that horse needle was one painful weapon. As painful as my knee biopsy which they had to poke my bone marrow 4 times. Freaking doctor and technician fooled me thinking it was just a needle pick. Felt more like a jackhammer was drilled into your knee.
I've had to assist in administering a bonemarrow aspiration from a patient's sternum before and just the sound of it and the gigantic needle looked like it'd be incredibly painful. Then the doctor said "hold [the patient] down", which was definitely necessary.

I've had to assist in administering a bonemarrow aspiration from a patient's sternum before and just the sound of it and the gigantic needle looked like it'd be incredibly painful. Then the doctor said "hold [the patient] down", which was definitely necessary.
I have a high tolerance for pain, but that biopsy made me really suffer. I was punching the pillow during the procedure and was biting on it as well. I believe it would have been more tolerable if they only needed 1 biopsy, but 4? I was nearing my breaking point of really crying hard in agony. iirc, I was grimacing and felt like I was having a convulsion. if you ask me, I don't want to do that ever again. might as well put me to sleep with a really powerful drug, not just superficial if ever possible with that procedure which I think they said wasn't an option.

Back
Top Bottom