the thread about nothing...

Ordered a good handful of iced coffee's here and there.

But tea's are a no can do. Anything that has the "tea" taste is a no no for my taste buds.

But lately...... I cant stop having a nice cold tall horchata. Crazy thing is, it's something I would never drink before the pandemic.
not a tea drinker but learned to appreciate it. especially English Tea. the wife makes tea and turn it into a Boba at home. she uses the orange pekoe flavor tea and carnation mix.

not a tea drinker but learned to appreciate it. especially English Tea. the wife makes tea and turn it into a Boba at home. she uses the orange pekoe flavor tea and carnation mix.
Yea I've been hearing a lot of benefits from it as well. Might just put up with the taste and intake the nutrients I can get from it sooner or later.

9A4563AD-5A08-4F0A-8FF3-06BEF251614F.jpeg

Yea I've been hearing a lot of benefits from it as well. Might just put up with the taste and intake the nutrients I can get from it sooner or later.
what I discovered, especially when eating out is that I'm able to eat more. start the menu with hot tea, eat then hot tea in between.

The concept of exclusive dating and especially successful marriage seems to be dying anyway. People are getting more and more selfish and have more options than ever. A trend that does not lean in favor of a union that's built in commitment and compromise.
People think the wedding/ring/kids/social media pictures is the goal. That's like getting drafted. You've got an entire career to train and work for.

You can do it Belgium Belgium . Take it one day at a time, man.
The support means quite a lot to me, even from strangers. Abusing my Tramadol opioid prescription is something I’ve been struggling with on and off for the last 6 years or so.

I'm a so-called "functioning junkie" though. Until the first half of 2021, I kept it hid hidden from everyone irl besides my mom and doctors. I have a good social circle but that certain coworker was the first person I felt comfortable enough with to talk about it. Thanks to her I can now be very open about it, I’ve since told all my friends and coworkers (remember I work for a mental health org as IT Support).
Only one of my friends said he did suspect the opioid abuse but wasn’t 100% sure, the others were pretty shocked and didn’t see it coming it all.

Last edited:
The support means quite a lot to me, even from strangers. Abusing my Tramadol opioid prescription is something I’ve been struggling with on and off for the last 6 years or so.

I'm a so-called "functioning junkie" though. Until the first half of 2021, I kept it hid hidden from everyone irl besides my mom and doctors. I have a good social circle but that certain coworker was the first person I felt comfortable enough with to talk about it. Thanks to her I can now be very open about it, I’ve since told all my friends and coworkers (remember I work for a mental health org as IT Support).
Only one of my friends said he did suspect the opioid abuse but wasn’t 100% sure, the others were pretty shocked and didn’t see it coming it all.
the thing is, nobody can tell. eventhough opiod was permitted to be administered back then to certain patients, it was pretty much unknown til you hear the words "CODE BLUE". it had become too prevalent that I'm not sure if Opiod finally gotten banned here (not sure though since I stopped working there for a long time). basically, Code Blue became synonymous to Opiod OD. it's difficult and kinda sad and infuriating at times since administering Opiod and Narcan became a hand in hand thing. like killing/dying and saving/resuscitating kind of scenario everytime. not to mention that Narcan costs a lot here unlike in your territory where it could be affordable. not saying you don't need it or at fault. but some are just there to get high. just saying that it can take a toll to some health care workers mental health as well. on the otherhand, it's not as bad compared to Covid patients.

I need some joggers for the winter. Who has the best? Nike? Polo? I even seen some nice looking ones on fashion bova site lol

the thing is, nobody can tell. eventhough opiod was permitted to be administered back then to certain patients, it was pretty much unknown til you hear the words "CODE BLUE". it had become too prevalent that I'm not sure if Opiod finally gotten banned here (not sure though since I stopped working there for a long time). basically, Code Blue became synonymous to Opiod OD. it's difficult and kinda sad and infuriating at times since administering Opiod and Narcan became a hand in hand thing. like killing/dying and saving/resuscitating kind of scenario everytime. not to mention that Narcan costs a lot here unlike in your territory where it could be affordable. not saying you don't need it or at fault. but some are just there to get high. just saying that it can take a toll to some health care workers mental health as well. on the otherhand, it's not as bad compared to Covid patients.
From my experience, people can definitely tell you're high on something if they know you. It's the difference in speech that always tips them off.

In my country, we've only had our "Opium Law" since 2014, which made all opioids require a prescription. Before 2014 you could just buy codeine etc without a prescription.

Over here we don't really have a massive opioid crisis to the extent the US has. I've never known anyone who has been prescribed an opioid stronger than Tramadol. Whereas in the US, doctors seem to hand out Oxycodone, hydrocodone, ... for things like wisdom teeth removal.
A hospital in particular here will never ever prescribe anything stronger than Tramadol when you're released from the hospital after a surgery. They'll pump you full of morphine etc while you're there to ease your pain as much as possible but it's a common hospital policy to not provide a painkiller prescription for patients released from the hospital after surgery unless the patient really insists, but even then it won't be anything stronger than a short supply of the lowest dosage of Tramadol.

For my chronic pain condition, doctors made me try just about every possible non-opioid form of painkillers before very reluctantly prescribing me Tramadol.
For reference, Tramadol is a bit stronger than Codeine but nowhere near the likes of Oxycontin.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom