the thread about nothing...

idk man you ever think about the fact that some wacky colonizer long time back sat in a chair and drew a big *** rectangle on a map of the continent they jacked from all the natives, then had the goddamn nerve to name it "Colored" in Spanish?

1625925387739.png
Reminded me to keep my sword sharp:
Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 2.43.28 PM.jpg

Music is so powerful it could reminisces you periods of your life in a few seconds, love The Office US (didn't try the UK version), but its generic kind of makes me sad because of this...
Strange...

Anyone could advice someone who likes both Seinfeld, Malcolm in the middle, The Office, Arrested Development some humor shows ?
Because it's maybe the hardest thing to make laugh people

it's always interesting to consider that Mexico was once like double its size yet folks wonder where all the Latinos came from.
One of my friend's family is from Texas and their ancestors has been there since the early 1800s and his grandpa used to tell us that his grandpa told alot of families that moved there how to be a cowboy and run a ranch.:lol:

Music is so powerful it could reminisces you periods of your life in a few seconds, love The Office US (didn't try the UK version), but its generic kind of makes me sad because of this...
Strange...

Anyone could advice someone who likes both Seinfeld, Malcolm in the middle, The Office, Arrested Development some humor shows ?
Because it's maybe the hardest thing to make laugh people
I enjoyed Extras & Peep Show. I use to post an episode or 2 of the latter in here everyday, but no cared :lol:

I enjoyed Extras & Peep Show. I use to post an episode or 2 of the latter in here everyday, but no cared :lol:
I have nothing against British but I meant US ones because everything US is way more watchable for me than UK or EU :lol:
Talking only about form, visual as UK shows are concerned is anoying me, due to cold colors certainly, I love Ronin movie and Ordinary Decent Criminal, and I know they are american movies, at least a half for Ronin, but this is what I'm talking about. US shows tend to be more accessible in a good way according to me, not elitist or anything else.

Started watching Brooklyn 99. Amy Santiago :nthat:
I felt exactly the same first time I saw her, so beautiful, especially when she grins with her fizzy gaze

EDIT : It makes me think about New York 911, loved Maritza Cruz and Bosco characters, I have a good souvenir of it, maybe I'ld try to watch it again

I have nothing against British but I meant US ones because everything US is way more watchable for me than UK or EU :lol:
Talking only about form, visual as UK shows are concerned is anoying me, due to cold colors certainly, I love Ronin movie and Ordinary Decent Criminal, and I know they are american movies, at least a half for Ronin, but this is what I'm talking about. US shows tend to be more accessible in a good way according to me, not elitist or anything else.
I Peep Show could've worked in America since dumb enough & smart enough, Americans do seem to be put off by accents, so that might've been in hindrance. Now Extras... not a chance.

Parks & Recreation would be great pick since u like The Office. Friends from College is hilarious to me. Idky ppl don't like it, but it was great to me. Can't recall the last time I actually lol'd that much from a show. Crashing is good, Silicon Valley, Real Husbands of Hollywood, Wilfred (U.S.), Atlanta, Love, Legit, & Insecure.

Oh, Easy is nice anthology series surrounding couples & dealing w/ yourself & your others wants & needs. I felt I grew as person. Master of None by Aziz Ansari is television at its finest, and I'm probably gonna catch on this show called Betty later today.

Last edited:
Exactly.
Then they have the nerve to say “Where did they come from!?!? Build a wall?!?!”.....said by people who’s roots are across the ocean:lol:
The nerve on some individuals man :smh: . That "build a wall" nonsense...some of these Latino families have been on this "American" soil longer than some of their families ever will. It makes me laugh when I see patriotic/RACIST white people go on about "God Bless America" "This is our land" "Go back to where you came from", nothing wrong with being patriotic(I myself am) but to blatantly deny or ignore how America was founded? C'mon!!! This entire land was filled with Indigenous & Native people(s) no whites to be seen as far as the eyes can see before colonizers decided to take over. To show support for your country is one thing but to disregard the bloodshed, violence & downright atrocities that needed to be & were committed in order for there to be a country for them to be patriotic for is another. I see a lot of this in my area where a lot of Italian/Irish/European families are quick to say "I am an American" & than I'll be like ok, that's cool but what's your family background? And then they get stuck on stupid or just act like they don't understand what I'm asking. And I tell em like somewhere in your lineage someone got on a boat/vessel/plane & came to this land just like any other immigrant so don't act like ya'll were all born on this land, you're European with American in you. My people do that too, come to this land and totally forget where they came from. My cousins too were born in Pakistan but act like they're full American. I tell em be proud of where you live & are raised but don't forget where you came from, your Motherland, your language & your people because the only one you're lieing to is yourselves. My brothers & I are soo appreciative to our parents for speaking our native language to us growing up. They always told us it's Urdu at home & naturally growing up in America, going to American schools having American friends we'd pick up on English regardless. Now, my younger brother is married to his Dominican wife & they're going to speak Spanish/Urdu to their kids & the world around them will teach em English. People & their *** backwards mentality just makes me laugh sometimes, the ignorance :smh:

Not for nothing, I thought most Mexicans were indigenous ppl b/c Pocahontas & Peter Pan. but I guess it's a regional thing as well

I Peep Show could've worked in America since dumb enough & smart enough, Americans do seem to be put off by accents, so that might've been in hindrance. Now Extras... not a chance.

Parks & Recreation would be great pick since u like The Office. Friends from College is hilarious to me. Idky ppl don't like it, but it was great to me. Can't recall the last time I actually lol'd that much from a show. Crashing is good, Silicon Valley, Real Husbands of Hollywood, Wilfred (U.S.), Atlanta, Love, Legit, & Insecure.

Oh, Easy is nice anthology series surrounding couples & dealing w/ yourself & your others wants & needs. I felt I grew as person. Master of None by Aziz Ansari is television at its finest, and I'm probably gonna catch on this show called Betty later today.
Thanks for all these recommendations :wink:

The nerve on some individuals man :smh: . That "build a wall" nonsense...some of these Latino families have been on this "American" soil longer than some of their families ever will. It makes me laugh when I see patriotic/RACIST white people go on about "God Bless America" "This is our land" "Go back to where you came from", nothing wrong with being patriotic(I myself am) but to blatantly deny or ignore how America was founded? C'mon!!! This entire land was filled with Indigenous & Native people(s) no whites to be seen as far as the eyes can see before colonizers decided to take over. To show support for your country is one thing but to disregard the bloodshed, violence & downright atrocities that needed to be & were committed in order for there to be a country for them to be patriotic for is another. I see a lot of this in my area where a lot of Italian/Irish/European families are quick to say "I am an American" & than I'll be like ok, that's cool but what's your family background? And then they get stuck on stupid or just act like they don't understand what I'm asking. And I tell em like somewhere in your lineage someone got on a boat/vessel/plane & came to this land just like any other immigrant so don't act like ya'll were all born on this land, you're European with American in you. My people do that too, come to this land and totally forget where they came from. My cousins too were born in Pakistan but act like they're full American. I tell em be proud of where you live & are raised but don't forget where you came from, your Motherland, your language & your people because the only one you're lieing to is yourselves. My brothers & I are soo appreciative to our parents for speaking our native language to us growing up. They always told us it's Urdu at home & naturally growing up in America, going to American schools having American friends we'd pick up on English regardless. Now, my younger brother is married to his Dominican wife & they're going to speak Spanish/Urdu to their kids & the world around them will teach em English. People & their *** backwards mentality just makes me laugh sometimes, the ignorance :smh:
It makes me think about two things :

- Some people who don't want to understand why blackface is racist and act like it's not a problem, we're in 2021 and we still had cases past years with Griezmann or a french actor, Gérard Darmon.
In the same time when Tahar Rahim is disguised in an Asian for a role that's not a problem, so it's kind of weird. As if it was only racist when it was a White playing a Black, but when color skins are not very different, no problem ? Meanwhile I was never shocked by Al Pacino playing a Cuban, and I'm not very shocked too by Tahar Rahim playing an Asian.

- In France we have something quite opposite with people who were born in France but with origins, and some of them don't feel like they're French, always referring to a country they only go on vacations, and having a culture similar as mainly French, which means both influenced by France and USA...
But about what you said about Italian/Irish/European families, there is something similar here, as long people are Whites it is more easy for them and for others to accept them as French. It's all about colors. So if you're White you could easily been accepted as a French. And if you're Black or Arab you might suffer from racism, or don't feel comfortable as people always treat you differently, so you could feel like you were paranoid when you're not, which can leads you to lie to yourself and deny this problem...
Because in a more general way when you're not happy with something and complain about it people are prompt to tell you you're imaginating things, just because this is not their quotidian doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Some mixed couples could understand some stories I would tell, but if I'm telling this to couple of Whites, no way. Experimented this when I told people if you go to Belgium and have a black girlfriend go to Bruxelles, don't go to Bruges...

EDIT : There was a guy of my classroom back in the days who thought real French were blonde hair with blue eyes (he got origins from Tunisia), I was telling him no way I am French and as you could see I'm quite the opposite :lol:

Back
Top Bottom