the thread about nothing...

Last fight and death

In 1947, Doyle challenged Sugar Ray Robinson for the World Welterweight Title. Robinson had the advantage in every round except the sixth, when he was staggered twice and hurt. A single left hook from Robinson ended the fight. "That punch knocked Jimmy rigid.... With heels resting against the canvas as if hinged, Doyle's body went down. It struck the floor with a thud, like a rigid mass falling. His head crashed against the padded canvas, and as the referee started the count. Doyle raised his head and rested on his elbows.... The referee counted to ten. Doyle was out." [2]

Doyle was taken to St. Vincent's Charity Hospital immediatedly after the bout, and failed to regain consciousness and died a few hours later.

Jimmy Doyle was fighting in Cleveland, after suffering some heavy knockouts in California. The state's boxing commission would not sanction him to fight again.[3] After his death, criminal charges were threatened against Robinson in Cleveland, up to and including manslaughter, though none actually materialized. Robinson biographer Wil Haygood stated during a September 25, 2010 book festival appearance that Doyle was pushing himself to fight to "buy his mother a house, and after Doyle's death in 1947, Robinson gave the earnings of his next four fights to Doyle's mother, so she could buy that house."[4]

Last edited:
Having 2nd thoughts about this 2nd gig because sales is just not my thing at all. I don't mind the hours, but to sell 25 hours a week plus my regular gig, school, and studying for my A+ exam.

OAN, I forgot that Banana Republic did call me last week about gig so I'll be calling them back today. That discount would come in handy for the holiday season.

Show me, I don't see it.

every now and then my friend hits me up about stalking some broad and i go with him. he's a big weirdo creep with a gf and son. i suppose im a weirdo too cuz i go along with him

but if you've ever stalked/gone out sneaking around you'll know how fun it is. esp with the technology available these days. 
laugh.gif
mean.gif

I've done the stalk thing with my cousin
mean.gif

Dude had me sitting with him infront of her crib for Damm near 8 hours once
mean.gif
laugh.gif
Yooooo
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Flooding aside, I kinda wish it would just rain all day long. Just once.

I think thats the problem with Texas, it doesn't rain enough. Its something alleviate bout rainy days. If it would just rain, all day, non stop, more often, people would calm the **** down.

Hate girls who ALWAYS think they can get smoked up, if it was my girl i wouldnt have a problem but they need to start comming prepaired or they aint hittin the blunt. Atleast match up or offer to throw up once inawhile  

Flooding aside, I kinda wish it would just rain all day long. Just once.
I think thats the problem with Texas, it doesn't rain enough. Its something alleviate bout rainy days. If it would just rain, all day, non stop, more often, people would calm the **** down.

It rains all the time here on the East Coast....it makes people even more delusional and crazy on the road ways. You can have all that.

Hate girls who ALWAYS think they can get smoked up, if it was my girl i wouldnt have a problem but they need to start comming prepaired or they aint hittin the blunt. Atleast match up or offer to throw up once inawhile  
heisman them ****....

if you didnt

A) put on
B) have an empty to contribute
C) have one to match
D) knocking me back afterwards

you aint hittin da loud with me

I challenge everybody, especially since the temperature is dropping across the country to go in your closets, and dig out all your old coats and beanies and blankets, and give them to somebody who really needs them. We are all exceedingly and abundantly blessed, there is no excuse for letting people be cold and hungry out here.
Love you guys though

It's always better to donate/give your stuff to individual people than to just take it to the Salvation Army. People who are in need are usually extremely appreciative.

There are also tons of volunteer opportunities with the Holidays approaching. You might not have a lot of money or material things to donate......but everyone has time.

Volunteering on Thanksgiving will change your perspective on things......it might just be another Turkey Day for you, but not for some.
yeah man, usually I just post on facebook to see if anybody knows anybody who needs certain things. I was able to bless a kid with 6 pair of school shoes, and another kid with a pair of decent kicks for basketball season. It really is amazing to brighten somebodies day.

Charity starts at home. I know its cliche, but its real. There is so much ugliness, and hate and violence in this world, if we can do something small that will help improve someone elses life, we should jump at the opportunity
Im with you but you gave one kid 6 pair of shoes? You shouldve given him a couple and a couple other dudes a couple. Imma go check out my closet and see what I have to give.

Back
Top Bottom