Roy_Jones_Jr_vs_Reggie_Johnson.gif

GOTSTA rep the hometown. :pimp:

PEENNNNSSAACCOOOOOLLLLLLAAAA, Florida!!

f70a148c00254c5fbaa318d194b550a1_md.jpg
Getty
EXCLUSIVE
ZION WILLIAMSONGETTING FULL-COURT PRESS FROM PUMA... Nike In The Running

7/19/2019 10:24 AM PT
Zion Williamson has still NOT signed a shoe deal -- despite being the most sought after NBA draft pick since LeBron James -- and our sources say it's all because of Puma.

Nike was believed to be the front-runner to sign Zion for months ... with legendary former Nike exec Sonny Vaccaro telling us he thinks Zion's deal could hit the 9-figure mark.

And, with Zion rocking Nikes in college, in pre-draft workouts and in some NBA Summer league games ... it seemed like it was just a matter of time before Zion signed with the Swoosh.

But, we're told Puma -- which has made a serious push in the basketball shoe space in recent years -- has come out of nowhere to become a major contender to sign the NBA's #1 overall pick.

Puma already has rising stars Marvin Bagley IIIand DeAndre Ayton on its roster -- the first 2 picks from the 2018 NBA Draft.

And, get this ... Zion rocked a pair of Puma RS-0 "Video Game" kicks during a Summer league game earlier this month, and our sources tell us that's no coincidence.

a9b1a348781b44899a12fcbc6be87310_md.jpg
IMAGN
We're told Nike is aware of the competition and is making a hard push to get a deal done with Williamson first. As one source puts it, "He's the #1 priority."

Remember, Zion did have one bad experiencewith Nike in college ... when his Nike PG 2.5s blew out during the opening seconds of the Duke vs. North Carolina game.

You mean the employee store? What were your expectations like and where did it fall short?

I thought it was called the employee store too, but apparently not.

20190719_113812.jpg

I was expecting everything to be 50%. I got in through a friend of my cousin's and apparently I was registered as a 'guest' not 'friends and family' so the discount became 40%.

I don't think it really fell short of my expectations since I didn't expect much. Maybe a little more selection but the selection wasn't bad at all. I had to specify that I'm frugal because 40% off everything in store is nothing to scoff at but I wouldn't consider them steals or anything. Mostly GRs which typically hit outlets around that discount anyway.

They had F.O.G. Mocs and DB Jordan XVs but I don't really care for those. I bought a couple pairs for my family and Kobe IV Carpe Diems for myself at $105. Last month I bought ASG Kobe Protro 1s for <$70 I believe so eh.

20190719_163431_HDR.jpg

Cool just to say I've been before though I guess.

returning from lunch and stepped into office while one of my co-worker gave her two weeks notice. supervisor and the boss were pissed and felt blindsided and basically berated her til she basically broke down. **** was awkward, so i just got up after a couple seconds and went back outside :lol:
the writing was on the wall since she asked for a raise and told them she wasn't happy with how things were months ago.

Back
Top Bottom