the thread about nothing...

20190703_162715.jpg

I've been craving a Chocolate Chip Milkshake from Loard's the past 3 weeks. Been trying to fit it in my daily intake but been kinda over eating on other stuff. Going to go all out in 1 month when it's my birthday. Planning to get a 1lb bacon cheddar cheese burger, onion rings and the biggest milkshake they got for one of my meals that weekend.

What do you have planned? Going anywhere exciting or just chilling?

Have a couple of Doctor appointments. I've had this nagging pain in my right shoulder for months now. Originally got x-rays a while back. Came back negative. Going to a chiropractor and see what's what. Probably going to recommend some type of therapy. Then I've been having some hearing issues. Went to an audiologist and took a hearing test a couple of months ago. I may have some permanent inner ear damage. I've been getting this muffled hearing. He recommended I go see an otolaryngologist to get a clear prognosis. Not much of a fun vacation, but I need to take care of these issues.

Have a couple of Doctor appointments. I've had this nagging pain in my right shoulder for months now. Originally got x-rays a while back. Came back negative. Going to a chiropractor and see what's what. Probably going to recommend some type of therapy. Then I've been having some hearing issues. Went to an audiologist and took a hearing test a couple of months ago. I may have some permanent inner ear damage. I've been getting this muffled hearing. He recommended I go see an otolaryngologist to get a clear prognosis. Not much of a fun vacation, but I need to take care of these issues.
That sucks, sorry to hear you're going through this. Shoulder injuries takes a while to heal. Take it easy and hope you'll be able to fix these issues before going back to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious, what Field of work are you in?

That sucks, sorry to hear you're going through this. Shoulder injuries takes a while to heal. Take it easy and hope you'll be able to fix these issues before going back to work.

Thanks man! Much appreciated.

Curious, what Field of work are you in?

I work in the Transportation Dept at the Distribution Center of a major Grocery retailer. I don't think my ailments are work related. My shoulder pain came after I was doing some work around my yard. That's when it started. As for the hearing, I went to a Metallica concert 2 years ago. I was right up front by the stage. I made the mistake of not taking any ear plugs. After that, that's when I started noticing something was up. It wasn't until this year is when it started getting worse.

Dude at the gas station was selling alcohol after midnight even though that's the cutoff. Saw a dude buy a 6pack and in my mind i was like :wow: i grabbed a bud Platinum with the quickness.

Didn't know that. Liquor stores close at 9. All else cuts off at 12.
Time restrictions for alcohol are common, but Texas has a few unique twists on traditional serving hours. Beer and wine can be sold from 7:00 a.m. to midnight Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. til 1:00 on Saturday, and from noon to midnight on Sunday.

If any of you guys are faced with the option of a promotion that yields higher pay, but lower quality of living (overall hapiness/health/stress free/etc) - I highly suggest you choose the latter...

time with the family/kids over extra $$ in the bank account

If any of you guys are faced with the option of a promotion that yields higher pay, but lower quality of living (overall hapiness/health/stress free/etc) - I highly suggest you choose the latter...

time with the family/kids over extra $$ in the bank account
I was having a conversation with a old friend/co-worker about this.
I told her Money comes and goes, but once you lose a family member you can't get them back.
Then talked to my father and he spoke about him losing most of siblings over the past few years. Definitely agree family first, they are the only ones who will be there in high and lows given if your family structure is intact.

I was having a conversation with a old friend/co-worker about this.
I told her Money comes and goes, but once you lose a family member you can't get them back.
Then talked to my father and he spoke about him losing most of siblings over the past few years. Definitely agree family first, they are the only ones who will be there in high and lows given if your family structure is intact.

THIS

I will never forget the convo I had with my good friends Dad... he was a stevedore down at the harbors here in Hawaii... big bucks, but long hours... he sat me down one day and started pointing at their boat, cars, etc and said "I bought all this stuff for my kids and family, but at the same time I never made it to any of his sporting events, art shows, and didn't even make it to the hospital when my grand kids were born... don't make the same mistake I did" - it really sank in with me to work hard and have financial stability, but don't focus on just that and instead focus on time with the ohana

Reactions: Ube
Back
Top Bottom