the thread about nothing...

Seriously, I would advise anyone who is capable of changing their own tire to also change their own brake pads...simple as pie.

Rotors don't seem all that difficult either, I just ran into an issue.

doing it yourself is definitely cheaper and it's a good place to start getting into working on cars.

Yea it don’t take all those words to change brakes pads and or rotors.

Unless you took uglier truck to a mom and pops used tire shop and they stripped one lug and sealed another on your tire, but that’s another story.

Yea it don’t take all those words to change brakes pads and or rotors.

Unless you took uglier truck to a mom and pops used tire shop and they stripped one lug and sealed another on your tire, but that’s another story.
You got any suggestions for the hex bolt that's stripped? I'd rather not drill through the bolt, but given I've already tried, I may have no other options. I am looking to get an impact tool, but that seems to work with only the bits provided.

You got any suggestions for the hex bolt that's stripped? I'd rather not drill through the bolt, but given I've already tried, I may have no other options. I am looking to get an impact tool, but that seems to work with only the bits provided.

You could saw a straight cut with a hacksaw then tap a flathead screwdriver into the groove.

Next to changing the motor oil, brakes are the next easiest service on your car imo. Learning to work on your own car can go a long way. I laughed at my co-worker who took his G35 to the dealer to have the battery changed (he bought the replacement at local auto part store). He said they charged $65 for that. Still don’t know if he was b***s***** me.

i can’t believe you went through all that. You could scroll through Craigslist and find someone to do all that for pretty reasonable / low cost. Buying all those parts and spending all those hours seems not worth it. That said if you enjoy the learning and doing and aren’t only trying to save a few $$ sounds like a fun project.

F26C53C1-A310-40B0-8598-ADC6F4B0D866.jpeg

Never did a dine and dash at an actual restaurant. Closest would be eating the hot food at the grocery store deli and taking off at the sporting goods store with a pair of Adidas T-Mac's. Both in high school.

i can’t believe you went through all that. You could scroll through Craigslist and find someone to do all that for pretty reasonable / low cost. Buying all those parts and spending all those hours seems not worth it. That said if you enjoy the learning and doing and aren’t only trying to save a few $$ sounds like a fun project.
Main reason was to save money but also long term saving vs just right now. In fact, I did not consider right now to be a saving situation given all the tools I had to invest in.

Definitely like to learn. Given how easy everyone said it was to do, I figured I'd give it a shot. And watching the videos seemed to confirm how easy it was.

Plus on top of that, I'm one of those people that once I start something, it's going to take a very large deterrent to get me to stop. The more frustrated I get about a project being complicated or unexpectedly difficult, the more determine I become in getting it done. Only personal projects...at work, it's **** that ****.

Back
Top Bottom