the thread about nothing...

Kohls has Nike and Adidas.

The rest are similar tho
I get my white and black ts from target tho.
They're the best imo
Wal mart has these basic ts for like 3 bucks a piece that are better quality wise than the ones from uniqlo or h and m
Hanes from Target?

Fruit of the Loom from Walmart?

Naw they're way better than those.

What are the brand of the shirts from Target and Walmart?

The ones from target are made by goodfellow.
I buy the ts with pockets.
The wal mart ones are made by george.

I wear black ts alot and those are better fit wise and material wise than gap or h and m etc.

J crew used to have the BEST ts but they changed up owners or something.

I rock GoodFellow.
Just tried the “premium” ones this weekend
I think the regular ones feel better

This big 4 company turned me down on the final round of interviews on some "Everybody here liked your candidature, we just don't have the space to get you in, we had to make a decision, etc etc." back a few months ago.

Now I get an email from a recruitment coordinator telling me they are interesting in scheduling a 60 minute interview with me and to ask me when I am available.

They didn't even ask me if I was still interested, straight up asked me when i'm available :stoneface:

I found another job and it's better than what they would offer me as a starting position, jokes on them.

Welcome to the grind.

Heard Deloitte was giving out 100k signing bonus’ this year because they were having issues.

Reactions: jjs
Welcome to the grind.

Heard Deloitte was giving out 100k signing bonus’ this year because they were having issues.

Yeah not in my city :lol:

I know a few people who got in this year, nothing crazy.

We're getting lowballed here because cost of living so cheap lmao

Yeah not in my city :lol:

I know a few people who got in this year, nothing crazy.

We're getting lowballed here because cost of living so cheap lmao

I believe it was for people returning to Deloitte who interned somewhere else. Heard it from a Partner and was like WHAT!?

I believe it was for people returning to Deloitte who interned somewhere else. Heard it from a Partner and was like WHAT!?

100k signing bonus is wild not gonna lie I'd do it in a heartbeat :lol:

The email felt so condescending with that aggressive "when are you available?" :lol: :smh:

I have so much flexibility right now at the small firm and with 5 years of experience, I could become a partner.

+ barely no travel outside the city is bless :nthat:

@nawghtyhare
F6C78159-EF50-4DC5-99EF-AAB498839230.jpeg

I've had a similar situation a year back at this Law firm. Had nice downtown view and everything. Had 3 interviews all in person and the recruiter told me that the CIO who I met with last said it seem like money was my main concern and I didn't really want the job. Why the **** would I ride downtown for an hour interview in the middle of the week if I didn't want it? I felt legit insulted, I know it hurts right now but keep trying. Took 3 years for me to find a new position
I'm so frustrated about this right now.

Thats so messed up.
Can you sue? Was there any place where they said you had the job.
I hate recruiting companies. They are a plague on the economy (And i say that as an economics major)
Are you able to tell your job that it fell through?
lol i gave my two weeks and nothing wold keep me here at this point :lol:
I don't think I'm on any grounds to even attempt to sue lol. I still have my current job. The Sr. Recruiter working with me this entire time, told me that I had the first position I applied for and that my last interview with the director was to see if I could be hired to a more specialized role in the company right away, rather than a mid-level role to build a foundation and understand the company. So I went into that 2nd interview thinking if I didn't get it, I had the 1st position to fall back on. Welp, obviously that did happen for me. Eff.

Wooow that is messed up man :smh: I feel frustrated for you. Don’t feel like you’re failing your family though. They know you’re putting in the best effort possible for a new position. This just means the universe has a better plan for you.

Also what I learned, if they do not contact you when they say they’ll contact you, you can forget about it. If they really want you, they’ll be true to their word and contact you first thing they can. Every job I was rejected for and every position I’ve gotten, it’s always been true.
I'm trying to be optimistic, but I'm so confused at the moment. I probably need to take some time to decompress to let these feelings pass rather than harbor them and affect my outlook with the job search.

Strange. I would definitely send an email to that Director and explain your situation. I would do it ASAP. Tell them you are willing to chat tomorrow if they can find time.

But at the same time do you want to be there? This person will always feel this way.

It’s utterly ridiculous that ONE person is stopping them from hiring you when they won’t even be your boss.

Let me know if I can help.
Thanks for the suggestion. I took your advice and sent an email to the director requesting to discuss the decision that was made. But let's see if she'll actually make time for me to explain herself.

Some friends I shared this with feel like they've never heard of this situation happening before and that there is some underlying reason that the director made this decision. Maybe she had someone already in mind for the role or she was just not in a good mood? Idk.

Let's see if I hear back from her or the recruiter with any news tomorrow. My friend who referred me was even confused as to why this happened because she was told that I had done well and was going to be considered for a role.

Ham & cheese hot pockets are they only ones worth buying or eating

decide to buy a box today

haven't had one in years

Last edited:
Yo TAN, what’s your go to shoe for being on your feet for an 8 hr day? I need some new work shoes and I don’t wanna wear boots no more cuz they hurt like hell and aren’t comfy. What would you guys recommend? The only two things I ask for is that they have to be an all black shoe and I don’t wanna drop more than $100.

Yo TAN, what’s your go to shoe for being on your feet for an 8 hr day? I need some new work shoes and I don’t wanna wear boots no more cuz they hurt like hell and aren’t comfy. What would you guys recommend? The only two things I ask for is that they have to be an all black shoe and I don’t wanna drop more than $100.
I am waiting for the Presto React to come out in all black. If not then maybe the Epic React in all black, but I haven't tried them and can't speak from experience.

Reactions: Ube
Back
Top Bottom