the thread about nothing...

Right. I'm not dismissing the benefits of an in-person visit from "close friends and family members". My defense of FB messages is referring to freakydestroyer's situation. It seems as if they were friends that grew apart. You implied he was not a "decent" human being because he chose to send a FB message rather than calling or visiting his former friend. I don't think that's the case.
Don't worry about #primitivedustbucketIQ, he's trolling or going out of his way to try to ridicule me. His arguments are not even valid in my situation.

1. FB is my only form of communication with this person. So I did not CHOOSE a more impersonal form of communication instead of a phone call like #primitiveIQ suggested.

2. I did not know if he went though or is going through a "traumantic experience" like #primitiveIQ wanted to imply. I found out a few days after I sent the message, through a mutual acquaintance that the person in question is "not the same", without providing much more details.

Don't worry about #primitiveIQ, he's trolling or going out of his way to try to ridicule me. His arguments are not even valid in my situation.

1. FB is my only form of communication with this person. So I did not CHOOSE a more impersonal form of communication instead of a phone call like #primitiveIQ suggested.

2. I did not know if he went though or is going through a "traumantic experience" like #primitiveIQ wanted to imply. I found out a few days after I sent the message, through a mutual acquaintance that the person in question is "not the same", without providing much more details.
upload_2019-6-17_16-12-49.gif

I miss AIM. Such an amazing time in the internet.

I think the most amazing part is that we were still in such a young internet age and the ability to be able to search chat groups based on custom searches opened endless communication barriers.

Every social media platform has the ability to message instantly now. But that was all originated by AOL and AIM and they paved the way for instant messaging on the web.

DUDE.

WTF, so I call the recruiter for a status update and the Director (The person that they scheduled a last-minute video interview with) decided that I wasn't really interested in retail corporate and that I was just looking to get a new job by trying to leave my current job field. So she decided that I wouldn't be a good fit for all 3 positions that I applied for. WTFFFFFFFFFF. How TF do you come to the conclusion that I was just trying to get a new job just to get one? If that were the case, I wouldn't have flown out for my interview and free my schedule to interview with her late in the afternoon. How do I get all positive reviews from my interview and that I would be a good fit for the two lower positions all of the sudden not be considered?

I told the recruiter I would've been lying if I said I had a desire for retail corporate, because it's a new field and I don't have history. Of course I'm looking for a new job in a new field. I expressed that I wanted to learn and understand the company's culture and proceed to work my way up. Even from the first conversation, I told him that I was looking to join a company to grow in and not just get into a job. He would've ended our conversation if I was just looking for a job.

I'm so frustrated, livid, confused, upset.

Idk, this was a very big shot to me and I just feel straight up defeated. Feel like I'm failing my family.

The recruiter said he was surprised the director made that decision and that's why he didn't call me on Friday to really just take in what they told him. He said he was planning on trying to speak with the director to reconsider and speak with the other directors in different departments to see if they'd be interested in speaking with me. Idk, I feel like there's nothing else I can do.

I dont get it what Champs do? Oh wait the dad is white and the son is black I see it now
I hate when I have to pee with morning wood, feel like a damn gymnast sometimes.
Feeling like Jim Carrey in Me, Myself, and Irene
:lol: lunge:rofl:

Disrespectful on a multitude of levels
They should of wore these atleast once during the finals
DUDE.

WTF, so I call the recruiter for a status update and the Director (The person that they scheduled a last-minute video interview with) decided that I wasn't really interested in retail corporate and that I was just looking to get a new job by trying to leave my current job field. So she decided that I wouldn't be a good fit for all 3 positions that I applied for. WTFFFFFFFFFF. How TF do you come to the conclusion that I was just trying to get a new job just to get one? If that were the case, I wouldn't have flown out for my interview and free my schedule to interview with her late in the afternoon. How do I get all positive reviews from my interview and that I would be a good fit for the two lower positions all of the sudden not be considered?

I told the recruiter I would've been lying if I said I had a desire for retail corporate, because it's a new field and I don't have history. Of course I'm looking for a new job in a new field. I expressed that I wanted to learn and understand the company's culture and proceed to work my way up. Even from the first conversation, I told him that I was looking to join a company to grow in and not just get into a job. He would've ended our conversation if I was just looking for a job.

Idk, this was a very big shot to me and I just feel straight up defeated. Feel like I'm failing my family.

The recruiter said he was surprised the director made that decision and that's why he didn't call me on Friday to really just take in what they told him. He said he was planning on trying to speak with the director to reconsider and speak with the other directors in different departments to see if they'd be interested in speaking with me. Idk, I feel like there's nothing else I can do.
I've had a similar situation a year back at this Law firm. Had nice downtown view and everything. Had 3 interviews all in person and the recruiter told me that the CIO who I met with last said it seem like money was my main concern and I didn't really want the job. Why the **** would I ride downtown for an hour interview in the middle of the week if I didn't want it? I felt legit insulted, I know it hurts right now but keep trying. Took 3 years for me to find a new position

Sorry they played you like that man. But take a step back, look at and appreciate your success and what it has gotten your family.

Once you square that back away, hit the search harder.

Thats so messed up.
Can you sue? Was there any place where they said you had the job.
I hate recruiting companies. They are a plague on the economy (And i say that as an economics major)
Are you able to tell your job that it fell through?
lol i gave my two weeks and nothing wold keep me here at this point :lol:

DUDE.

Wooow that is messed up man :smh: I feel frustrated for you. Don’t feel like you’re failing your family though. They know you’re putting in the best effort possible for a new position. This just means the universe has a better plan for you.

Also what I learned, if they do not contact you when they say they’ll contact you, you can forget about it. If they really want you, they’ll be true to their word and contact you first thing they can. Every job I was rejected for and every position I’ve gotten, it’s always been true.

I really don't get the people that say they're "not into (insert commonality among all humans)." I've recently had 2 people tell me that they're "not into music" and another tell me they're "not into food."

Just seems so sad to me. You can treat music as "background noise" and food as "sustenance", but that's like treating sex as "a means of procreation." If you're doing any of these things, you're definitely bumming someone out along the way.

DUDE.

Strange. I would definitely send an email to that Director and explain your situation. I would do it ASAP. Tell them you are willing to chat tomorrow if they can find time.

But at the same time do you want to be there? This person will always feel this way.

It’s utterly ridiculous that ONE person is stopping them from hiring you when they won’t even be your boss.

Let me know if I can help.

Reactions: Ube
I legit don't know if I'm a keep this sober **** going. 4 months + I haven't felt good the whole time. Felt better when I was burning.
Are you doing any exercise? Helps to replace the habit with something positive.
You eat healthy? Get the right sleep?
I smoke so I feel you but I have also quit a few times. Really helps if do all the above in general but especially after you quit smoking.

Thats so messed up.
Can you sue? Was there any place where they said you had the job.
I hate recruiting companies. They are a plague on the economy (And i say that as an economics major)
Are you able to tell your job that it fell through?
lol i gave my two weeks and nothing wold keep me here at this point :lol:

Sue!? For what lmao?

Are you doing any exercise? Helps to replace the habit with something positive.
You eat healthy? Get the right sleep?
I smoke so I feel you but I have also quit a few times. Really helps if do all the above in general but especially after you quit smoking.

Yea for the most part with the diet. Gym and alot of yoga. To be real I'm just being impatient. I smoked day and night for 13 years, irresponsibly. 4 months isn't **** in comparison. Lately, just had issues with depression. I'm going to reevaluate at 6 months. I don't wanna touch drank ever again though.

Back
Top Bottom